Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,044 members, 7,814,574 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 03:25 PM

Didn't Get The Job? Read This Before Giving Up! - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Didn't Get The Job? Read This Before Giving Up! (382 Views)

Do You Need A Paying And Flexible Job? Read How / Contemplating Suicide? Frustrated In Your Job? READ THIS!!! / Have You Been Unfairly Treated And Thereby Forced To Resign Your Job? Read This. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Didn't Get The Job? Read This Before Giving Up! by cyndyzuriks(f): 9:51am On Sep 26, 2017
Tired of one rejection after the other? You’ve sent in applications, attended several interviews all to no avail. There is no doubt that your confidence is severely dented, but rejection is not the end of the world, rather it is a wakeup call. Let me share my story with you.

I used to think Lagos State was a job hub and there were many opportunities. When I graduated from school, I came running to Lagos with my hopes high up. But to my dismay, I couldn’t land any job. It was worse for me because I had no relevant working experience except for my one-year compulsory service as a teacher. Each job interview I attended had at least 30 others gunning for the same position. People who had graduated 3 to 4 years before for me, and those with relevant experience who either lost their jobs or just looking to change their current jobs.

“How was I supposed to beat the competitors with large portfolios?” I asked myself. I got rejected over and over again and yet I kept on applying. “At least I even get to interview stages, how many people get past the first few hurdles of getting their CVs in front of a recruiter, let alone getting to the interview stage?” I consoled myself even further. However, I knew I had to devise a new strategy to land a job. Finally, it hit me! After reading an article online, I realized I was busy pursuing top jobs with amazing pay that I missed smaller opportunities. I am not trying to say it is bad to look for jobs with great pay, but not everybody is lucky to have jobs falling onto their laps. Sometimes, it is just best to start small and get the initial foot in the door, acquire the necessary experience and get the advantage needed to land that great job! I took up an offer that was just too small even for a graduate like me, but it served as a stepping stone for me to get into the corporate world. I got a better opportunity and started to learn the ropes. I found out that I made many mistakes while job hunting hence the rejections.

Do you know what’s more marveling?

Even after working two jobs, I was still making the same mistakes, starting from my CV to the interview process. Fresh jobseekers are not the only ones getting rejected because of this, experienced candidates are also guilty.

Want to know what these mistakes are (..and how to avoid them)? Continue Reading - http://www.careerhubafrica.com/blog/didnt-get-job-probably-not-getting-hired/
Re: Didn't Get The Job? Read This Before Giving Up! by boldnburiful: 11:11am On Sep 26, 2017
Are you tired of buying creams and soaps at ridiculous prices just to discover they didn't work? Learn to make yours today and start making money from it too.
Join our skincare training promo for September? Click here for the outline

https:///send?phone=2348054153798&text=%20please%20send%20me%20the%20outline%20of%20the%20organic%20skincare%20training

(1) (Reply)

"There Are No Shortcut To Success" Mark Cuban / Become A Certified Finance Professional By The World Best Finance Institute. / Get Past Questions For Jobs And Scholarships For Free

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.