Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,338 members, 7,811,980 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 04:17 AM

10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 (3809 Views)

Pay Rise: FG Excludes State Universities, ASUU Kicks / Why Exactly Are State Universities On ASUU Strike? / List Of State Universities In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by youngvc1: 12:33pm On Sep 26, 2017
Here is the latest ranking of the Nigeria universities by different commission/body and web
crawlers, especially the Nigeria University governing body on academic and performance known as National University
Commission, NUC, recently in 2017. Where the body rank the top 100 universities in Nigeria. The ranking according to the
commission is based on academics standard, infrastructural development, and quality of professionals in the school.
It is noted that the commission ranked University of Ibadan (UI) as the best university in Nigeria and University of Lagos
(UNILAG) both for undergraduate and post-graduate studies. Below is the commission list of 10 best state universities. Below is
the commission list of 10 best state universities.
10 Best State Universities in Nigeria according to NUC
1. Lagos State University, LASU, Lagos State.
2. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Esut, Agbani, Enugu State.
3. Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Rsust, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
4. Benue State University , MakurdiAbia
5. Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State
6. Osun State University, Osogbo.
7. Nasarawa State University, Ke??, Nasarawa State
8. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
9. Ebonyi State university, Abakaliki.
10. Kogi State University, Anyigba.
Surprisingly, of the 10 top state universities 7 is from the southern Nigeria (3 from south-east) while the remaining three is from
the North.

Believe it or Not.

I'm sorry if your school is not among. lol

Read more @ https://schoolgossip.com.ng/10-best-state-universities-in-nigeria-2017/

1 Like

Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by edemsimeon: 4:21pm On Sep 26, 2017
MOGBE ! OGA, YOU HAVEN'T INCLUDED MY TWO SCHOOLS. WHERE ARE KEBBI STATE & SOKOTO STATE UNIVERSITIES?
Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by ogazi4u(m): 4:25pm On Sep 26, 2017
mynd44, lala make una show here
Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Gorthy(m): 9:34pm On Sep 26, 2017
Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Xsem(m): 9:59pm On Sep 26, 2017
Nice one. Esut seriously making headway. shocked
Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by DckPssy(f): 11:39pm On Sep 26, 2017
Heyyyy
Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by AlanTuringAI: 6:29am On Sep 27, 2017
youngvc1:
Here is the latest ranking of the Nigeria universities by different commission/body and web
crawlers, especially the Nigeria University governing body on academic and performance known as National University
Commission, NUC, recently in 2017. Where the body rank the top 100 universities in Nigeria. The ranking according to the
commission is based on academics standard, infrastructural development, and quality of professionals in the school.
It is noted that the commission ranked University of Ibadan (UI) as the best university in Nigeria and University of Lagos
(UNILAG) both for undergraduate and post-graduate studies. Below is the commission list of 10 best state universities. Below is
the commission list of 10 best state universities.
10 Best State Universities in Nigeria according to NUC
1. Lagos State University, LASU, Lagos State.
2. Enugu State University of Science and Technology, Esut, Agbani, Enugu State.
3. Rivers State University of Science and Technology, Rsust, Port Harcourt, Rivers State.
4. Benue State University , MakurdiAbia
5. Kwara State University, Malete, Kwara State
6. Osun State University, Osogbo.
7. Nasarawa State University, Ke??, Nasarawa State
8. Ekiti State University, Ado-Ekiti, Ekiti State
9. Ebonyi State university, Abakaliki.
10. Kogi State University, Anyigba.
Surprisingly, of the 10 top state universities 7 is from the southern Nigeria (3 from south-east) while the remaining three is from
the North.

Believe it or Not.

I'm sorry if your school is not among. lol

Read more @ https://schoolgossip.com.ng/10-best-state-universities-in-nigeria-2017/
Sorry to say, but I don't think you're enlightened enough to operate a blog on educational news if you feel that the prerequisite for a University to be named State University is having "state" as part of it's name; otherwise you wouldn't omit the likes of LAUTECH and AAUA Ondo state, in this ranking. Based on the so-called NUC ranking you copied this from, these two schools occupy the 2nd and 5th positions respectively amongst state universities in the country. I bet you class them as private universities.It's your type that'll call the likes of OAU and ABU private universities just because they're named after individuals.
Check the link to that NUC ranking in case you want to argue. I just hate seeing people post false information online.
https://www.naij.com/1113997-nuc-university-ranking-2017.html

2 Likes

Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by AlanTuringAI: 6:30am On Sep 27, 2017
ogazi4u:
mynd44, lala make una show here
They don't need to put this falsehood on the front page please.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by christejames(m): 8:47am On Sep 27, 2017
The ranking is somewhat acceptable by me but the one I'm finding difficult to stomach is that of Benue State University, that school notwithstanding its shortcomings is good but for their incessant endemic strike actions and also slow academic calendar makes me question that list...

Kudos to the schools that made the list especially to ESUT, that school has been pulling a lot of weight these days. This can be noticed in her students giving those of the so called Federal Universities a good run for their money. Their major defect is regards their exorbitant school fees which the common man can hardly afford.
Re: 10 Best State Universities In Nigeria 2017 by Zzyzxt(m): 9:15am On Sep 27, 2017
LAUTCH would have made the list ...but for the series of strike

(1) (Reply)

FUOYE Kick Starts Top-up Programme (degree And HND Conversion) / Reasons For The Success Of Indirect Rule In Northern Nigeria / 2009 Chevron Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.