Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,536 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:42 PM

British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Joke Against Nigerian Passengers - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Joke Against Nigerian Passengers (443 Views)

UAE Stops International Airlines From Boarding Nigerian Passengers To Dubai / I'm Not A Racist, It Was A Joke. British Airways Stewardess Responds(Photos) / British Airways Stewardess Made Racist Comments About Nigerian Passengers(Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Joke Against Nigerian Passengers by kolafolabi(m): 6:51pm On Sep 26, 2017
British Airways has sacked Joanne Wickenden, a stewardess who posted a racist Snapchat rant attacking Nigerian passengers after she was called in for a two-hour meeting with bosses.

Joanne Wickenden sparked outrage after recording the racist clip in her BA uniform before flying from London Heathrow to Abuja on Friday night. In a statement today the airline said ‘she no longer works for British Airways’, adding: ‘​We expect the utmost professionalism from our staff when they are representing British Airways.’ The 23-year-old, who wants to be an actress, told friends ‘I am not a racist’ and claimed the sickening video was just a joke. She told MailOnline: ‘I have been framed by another BA employee. They were encouraging me, egging me on to say things. They were recording me and sent it around to our friends.’ She added: ‘I don’t want to fly anymore.’ A friend said that the other colleague wanted her to impersonate what goes on on the flight.

Read more at: https://www.vanguardngr.com/2017/09/british-airways-sacks-stewardess-behind-racist-joke-nigerian-passengers/

2 Likes

Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Joke Against Nigerian Passengers by obojememe: 6:57pm On Sep 26, 2017
Peele
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Joke Against Nigerian Passengers by divinehand2003(m): 7:09pm On Sep 26, 2017
That serves her right.
Re: British Airways Sacks Stewardess Behind Racist Joke Against Nigerian Passengers by kolafolabi(m): 7:11pm On Sep 26, 2017
A very expensive joke..

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

7 Indications You Are Prepared To Travel Solo / Need Suggestion On A Nice Honey Moon Get Away Location In Nigeria. / Trailer Crushed A Mother And Her Daughter To Death In Akwaibom Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.