Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,736 members, 7,817,029 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 11:43 PM

Abeg Make Una Help - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Abeg Make Una Help (3051 Views)

Abeg Make Una Help Ur Brother Check This Vin Of This Car / Abeg Make Una Help Me Check Vin Number JTEGD21A050107378 / "No Abeg, Scratch And Work": Hilarious Inscription Found On A Car (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 8:14pm On Sep 26, 2017
I have a petrol Toyoya dyna 150 that I use in delivering building materials to customers. The maximum weight of goods I usually carry is 3,500kg or 3.5tons. Recently, I noticed it started emitting white smoke, which could signify a worn out piston ring, as I have learnt from this forum. Also since I bought the truck, the carburetor servicing has been a source of nightmare to me. I want to get into management mode on this current engine as I prepare funds for a replacement.

I am making a comparison between two injector engines, no more carburetor. It's between the 2rz and the 3rz. My mind is on the 3rz, as you put into consideration the weight of the goods. A friend and colleague says the 2rz is the most reliable Toyota engine for commercial use. So I'm in a dilemma; and I have repeatedly checked the net for specs and help but don't understand the language. Pls help a nairalander out.

1 Like

Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 10:15am On Sep 27, 2017
Abeg make una help. I dey for crisis.
@ Gazzuzz, @ Ikenna351, @ kingreign, @ nurey and not forgetting the rest of the car doctors on this forum. Plssss!
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by nurey(m): 12:30pm On Sep 27, 2017
whatofyou:
I have a petrol Toyoya dyna 150 that I use in delivering building materials to customers. The maximum weight of goods I usually carry is 3,500kg or 3.5tons. Recently, I noticed it started emitting white smoke, which could signify a worn out piston ring, as I have learnt from this forum. Also since I bought the truck, the carburetor servicing has been a source of nightmare to me. I want to get into management mode on this current engine as I prepare funds for a replacement.

I am making a comparison between two injector engines, no more carburetor. It's between the 2rz and the 3rz. My mind is on the 3rz, as you put into consideration the weight of the goods. A friend and colleague says the 2rz is the most reliable Toyota engine for commercial use. So I'm in a dilemma; and I have repeatedly checked the net for specs and help but don't understand the language. Pls help a nairalander out.

But the dyna is fitted with a B engine, the 2rz and 3rz are fitted into trucks and buses definitely not your vehicle class, how do you hope to overcome fitting the engine into the car.

I dont know about OBD port in those trucks reason why i did prefer to go the kia route than the toyota/Nissan/mitsubishi route. i cant help in this aspect though

cc Honmusa, mayor123 do you guys handle these vehicle class
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 12:52pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

But the dyna is fitted with a B engine, the 2rz and 3rz are fitted into trucks and buses definitely not your vehicle class, how do you hope to overcome fitting the engine into the car.

I dont know about OBD port in those trucks reason why i did prefer to go the kia route than the toyota/Nissan/mitsubishi route. i cant help in this aspect though

cc Honmusa, mayor123 do you guys handle these vehicle class

These trucks are mostly usually manufactured with diesel engines. But few are manufactured as petrol, such as the 2y, 3y and the 4y engines. These diesel engines are usually very expensive, so when they become problematic, many people find it hard to replace them with the same diesel type. I bought mine with a 1rz engine which is currently emitting white smoke.

I'm asking for help to know which would be more reliable between the fuel-injected 2rz and the 3rz? Also, did I make a good choice going with the fuel-injector instead of the carburetor? Thanks again for replying.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by nurey(m): 1:39pm On Sep 27, 2017
whatofyou:

These trucks are mostly usually manufactured with diesel engines. But few are manufactured as petrol, such as the 2y, 3y and the 4y engines. These diesel engines are usually very expensive, so when they become problematic, many people find it hard to replace them with the same diesel type. I bought mine with a 1rz engine which is currently emitting white smoke.

I'm asking for help to know which would be more reliable between the fuel-injected 2rz and the 3rz? Also, did I make a good choice going with the fuel-injector instead of the carburetor? Thanks again for replying.

from what i can deduce, the 1zr you currently run has a fuel injector version, but due to your truck chassis of 3.5tons i wont recommend any of the engine. if your chassis was related to the G15 which is identical to the toyoace (1.5tons capacity) and was replaced by the hiace. The 2rz and 3rz has hp below 150 and the torgue response isnt good enough to pull that weight you are subjecting them to.

overall if you were going to fit any of the engines, the 2rz has carburator version too, i wouldnt suggest carburator but injector, you can do the 3rz if the money is available as it is fitted to common vehicles on the road more advanced than the 2zr with its chain driven shafts. remember if going the injector route, you will fit a brainbox and probably oxygen sensors and a host of other sensors to be able to achieve a controlled fuel economy.

goodluck
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 5:37pm On Sep 27, 2017
nurey:

from what i can deduce, the 1zr you currently run has a fuel injector version, but due to your truck chassis of 3.5tons i wont recommend any of the engine. if your chassis was related to the G15 which is identical to the toyoace (1.5tons capacity) and was replaced by the hiace. The 2rz and 3rz has hp below 150 and the torgue response isnt good enough to pull that weight you are subjecting them to.

overall if you were going to fit any of the engines, the 2rz has carburator version too, i wouldnt suggest carburator but injector, you can do the 3rz if the money is available as it is fitted to common vehicles on the road more advanced than the 2zr with its chain driven shafts. remember if going the injector route, you will fit a brainbox and probably oxygen sensors and a host of other sensors to be able to achieve a controlled fuel economy.

goodluck

Actually, the maximum recommended weight this Dyna 150 can haul is 1,835kg or 1.8tons. What we normally do is add two or more leaf springs to each set of springs that come with the truck. This gives the truck a high ground clearance.

So it means I would also get a new exhaust pipe that has some of these sensors. From what I read from your comment, if you were in my business and wanted to replace the engine of the truck, what kind of petrol engine from Toyota would you recommend, or what numbers for hp,torque will you be aiming? Does a higher displacement (abi na cc) mean a more powerful engine? Thanks once more!
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by nurey(m): 8:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
whatofyou:

Actually, the maximum recommended weight this Dyna 150 can haul is 1,835kg or 1.8tons. What we normally do is add two or more leaf springs to each set of springs that come with the truck. This gives the truck a high ground clearance.

So it means I would also get a new exhaust pipe that has some of these sensors. From what I read from your comment, if you were in my business and wanted to replace the engine of the truck, what kind of petrol engine from Toyota would you recommend, or what numbers for hp,torque will you be aiming? Does a higher displacement (abi na cc) mean a more powerful engine? Thanks once more!

For me I would stick with the exact engine, if the diesel was giving problem I will probably look for the petrol but the higher tons were fitted with diesel engine reason that diesel engine has more torque with in lower range/band compared to petrol and you need torque to pull certain weight.

I am not in your line of business so I can't really feel what you must have gone through with the diesel engine and other parameters you looked at before settling for the 1zr, I would have advised a tundra V8 engine but fitting engine in that cramped up space by the car seats may not be possible.

If the 1zr fits well and gets the job done, you can try the 2zr or 3zr since they have better torque and hp than the 1zr but if I may ask, where is the original diesel engine currently?
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 4:46am On Sep 28, 2017
nurey:

For me I would stick with the exact engine, if the diesel was giving problem I will probably look for the petrol but the higher tons were fitted with diesel engine reason that diesel engine has more torque with in lower range/band compared to petrol and you need torque to pull certain weight.

I am not in your line of business so I can't really feel what you must have gone through with the diesel engine and other parameters you looked at before settling for the 1zr, I would have advised a tundra V8 engine but fitting engine in that cramped up space by the car seats may not be possible.

If the 1zr fits well and gets the job done, you can try the 2zr or 3zr since they have better torque and hp than the 1zr but if I may ask, where is the original diesel engine currently?

The tokumbo diesel engine price ranges from N600k to N1m. Some truck importers will bring in the vehicles in their diesel form, take out the diesel engines in them and sell separately, and swap in with the petrol type. I bought mine at Onitsha as a RHD before it was converted. It was also sold to me with the 1rz engine.

There is this fear Nigerians have with diesel engines - could be as a lack of experienced mechanics in the medium truck section. It's only in the heavy-duty truck section (tippers and trailers and caterpillars and luxurious buses et c.) that they keep their diesel engine with the vehicle.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by nurey(m): 7:32am On Sep 28, 2017
whatofyou:

The tokumbo diesel engine price ranges from N600k to N1m. Some truck importers will bring in the vehicles in their diesel form, take out the diesel engines in them and sell separately, and swap in with the petrol type. I bought mine at Onitsha as a RHD before it was converted. It was also sold to me with the 1rz engine.

There is this fear Nigerians have with diesel engines - could be as a lack of experienced mechanics in the medium truck section. It's only in the heavy-duty truck section (tippers and trailers and caterpillars and luxurious buses et c.) that they keep their diesel engine with the vehicle.

Ok I didn't know that's how things worked with those dealers.

A diesel mechanic working with tractor can also fix a VW Beetle diesel engine both work on same principle just like 4 cylinder petrol works same as a VV16 in bugatti (air/fuel/spark) for combustion the only difference are components and pathways.

It's the same principle I told you about (torque). they can't swap Engine of those bigger vehicles because the petrol version is almost non existent who would run petrol in a marcapolo that's financial suicide also with that weight you could be looking at a turbo charged V20 engine to pull it comfortably. Diesel has tons of advantages over petrol most European vehicles utilize diesel.

The 1rz is preferred because of the price am sure it came out in 1989 it shouldn't be more than 100k for a good one. Goodluck with your conversion keep me updated please.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by Ojaysport: 12:38am On Jan 20, 2019
My Dyna 100 came with 2y engine, I'm fed up with the engine presently and I'm planning to buy 2rz engine, this is what most dyna truck drivers are using now.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 10:13pm On Jan 20, 2019
There are three types of 2rz engines: the carburettor 2rz, the small injector 2rz and the big injector 2rz. Which one do you plan on buying? How much do these engines sell at your area?
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 10:15pm On Jan 20, 2019
Ojaysport:
My Dyna 100 came with 2y engine, I'm fed up with the engine presently and I'm planning to buy 2rz engine, this is what most dyna truck drivers are using now.

There are three types of 2rz engines: the carburettor 2rz, the small injector 2rz and the big injector 2rz. Which one do you plan on buying? How much do these engines sell at your area?
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by lilkech(m): 10:39pm On Jan 20, 2019
Budget 500-600k for a tokumbo 2rz engine. It’s usually used in condor, Tacoma and Hilux.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by whatofyou: 5:22am On Jan 21, 2019
The last time I checked it was around N430,000 for the big injector version. It should have gone down on its price by now.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by Ojaysport: 10:13pm On Jan 21, 2019
whatofyou:
I prefer the carburetor type and it goes for N360,000
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by Ojaysport: 10:18pm On Jan 21, 2019
lilkech:
Budget 500-600k for a tokumbo 2rz engine. It’s usually used in condor, Tacoma and Hilux.

Years, you could be right, the engine goes for N360,000 and I have been told that I will need to change my radiator from the present 2 cells to 3 cells which goes for N45,000. Some little conversion will be made also, like reconstruction of the manifold to the other side and workmanship.
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by idu1(m): 7:45pm On Jan 22, 2019
Ojaysport:

I prefer the carburetor type and it goes for N360,000
How much is the truck presently tokunbo?
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by Ojaysport: 1:12am On Jan 24, 2019
idu1:
How much is the truck presently tokunbo?

It depends on the type and grade you are buying, Dyna 100 goes for between 1.8m and 2.1m, dyna 150 is around 2.4m and 3m
Re: Abeg Make Una Help by webbiolive1971: 1:23pm On Jun 13, 2023
Toyota Dyna 150 Trucks & Trailers have become increasingly popular in Nigeria due to their reliable and efficient transport solutions. We cover all the important aspects, such as performance, safety, fuel economy, and more. To learn more about the Toyota Dyna 150 Trucks & Trailers in Nigeria, visit our website at topratedreviews great-site net/2023/06/09/toyota-dyna-150-trucks-trailers-a-comprehensive-review-in-nigeria/. You'll learn why the Toyota Dyna 150 is one of the most reliable and efficient trucks and trailers on the market.

To learn more about the Toyota Dyna 150 Trucks & Trailers in Nigeria, visit our website at topratedreviews great-site net/2023/06/09/toyota-dyna-150-trucks-trailers-a-comprehensive-review-in-nigeria/. You'll learn why the Toyota Dyna 150 is one of the most reliable and efficient trucks and trailers on the market.

You'll learn why the Toyota Dyna 150 is one of the most reliable and efficient trucks and trailers on the market.

So, if you're looking for a dependable and cost-effective transport solution in Nigeria, the Toyota Dyna 150 is the perfect choice..

(1) (Reply)

CASTROL ENGINE OIL Re-launched Into The Nigerian Market. / Driving With 15% Tinted Windows & Rear Windshield / Volkwagen Jetta High Fuel Consumption

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.