Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,986 members, 7,848,963 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 12:37 PM

Chukwu Dozie- Stamp Duty Still On (diamond Bank Is Just Using A Different Name) - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Chukwu Dozie- Stamp Duty Still On (diamond Bank Is Just Using A Different Name) (252 Views)

MTN Retires Pascal Dozie As Chairman, Appoints Ernest Ndukwe / Uzoma Dozie Gives Details Of Access And Diamond Banks "Merger" / Woman Loses N572,000 Pension In Her Diamond Bank Account To Fraudsters In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Chukwu Dozie- Stamp Duty Still On (diamond Bank Is Just Using A Different Name) by sinator(m): 8:30am On Sep 27, 2017
Good day,

I hereby want to bring to your( my reader) notice that the stamp duty that bank diamond bank of Nigeria announced that they have stopped is suspected to still be on.

Diamond bank users were charged #50 randomly earlier this year in the name of stamp duty. This act pushed people especially students to withdraw all they had in their account in order to avoid futher charges.

Well Diamond bank on the other side said that they do not gain anything from the stamp duty charges, stating that it is a directive from federal government that any deposition in the bank either manually or electronically above #1000 will be charged #50 monthly.

One day we woke up to see a text from diamond bank as follows "the stamp duty charges will be reversed, we are sorry for any inconviniences this has caused - diamond bank".

Shortly after the charges were reversed, we started paying for ATM services, #54.50 monthly. We have been using atm card and machines long before now. Why are we now at this point being charged for ATM maintenance.
Mind you whether you use the ATM that month or not, #54.50 leaves your account monthly.

If you ask me ATM Maintanance Charges is just another name for Stamp duty. What do you think? cry cry
Re: Chukwu Dozie- Stamp Duty Still On (diamond Bank Is Just Using A Different Name) by amacastel: 8:33am On Sep 27, 2017
I quitely went to their office & deactivate my ATM card
Re: Chukwu Dozie- Stamp Duty Still On (diamond Bank Is Just Using A Different Name) by Jethrolite(m): 9:10am On Sep 27, 2017
Go to another bank, it's simple.

(1) (Reply)

Ogun Foundation Disburses N10million To Traders / 10 Common Money Mistakes Millennials Make When Starting A Business / Great Opportunity! Become Telecom Reseller/dealer Without Owning Millions!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.