Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,069 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

Do We Even Have Wealthy Individual In Nigeria - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Do We Even Have Wealthy Individual In Nigeria (366 Views)

How To Make Money Online Even As An Unemployed Individual Or A 9-5 Worker / How To Self-improve As An Individual / Nigerian Lady Breaks The World Record For Longest Dance Marathon By Individual (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Even Have Wealthy Individual In Nigeria by shegzhkn: 10:19am On Sep 27, 2017
one thing i don't wanna believe is that the white are more intelligent than the black especially Nigerian and it is not uncommon to see young successful people among them talking of people like Evan spiegel, Larry page, Palmer luckey, Sergey brin and Mark Zuckerberg. but let Ponder about this - had it been they were Nigerian I am quite sure they will never achieve such feat, why? Mark Zuckerberg got his first investment of 500k(USD) from Peter Thiel of an idea that is not completely clear and later got 12.7M USD from accel partner less than a year after the seed funding and so on. Larry page and Sergey also got a seed investment of 100k from Andy Bechtolsheim ,then Sequoia and Kleiner Perkins invested $25M about a year later it goes on like that for start up before their exit (acquisition or initial public offering). Now let come back to Nigeria where the only way to know a rich individual is when they pull a state of the auto machine in their drive way and this makes me to think are there even VC's in Nigeria and what i mean is not 50k capitalist or 100k investors.
Re: Do We Even Have Wealthy Individual In Nigeria by martynsnet: 10:52am On Sep 27, 2017
do you know "Legend" hanger? it's behind the international airport, where you have those bureau de change guys. just stand there and you would see silent billionaires coming to take off in their private jets.

(1) (Reply)

Ecobank Launches Mvisa Across 33 African Countries.. / Need A Job? Get Found By Employers Online! / Understand How To Use Enemies As Colleagues Over Friends

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.