Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:57 AM

Kpomo- Should I Eat Kpomo Or Not, Kpomo Harmful Or Not - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Kpomo- Should I Eat Kpomo Or Not, Kpomo Harmful Or Not (1480 Views)

Is Catfish Harmful Or Healthy To Eat? / Does Teem Lemon Have Any Harmful Effects? / Knuckle Cracking: Annoying And Harmful, Or Just Annoying? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Kpomo- Should I Eat Kpomo Or Not, Kpomo Harmful Or Not by GISTLIFE(m): 8:16pm On Sep 27, 2017
THE GOVERNMENT SHOULD HELP IMPROVE THE PROCESSING PROCCESS OF KPOMO
because I see no reason why people should not eat kpomo, kpomo is only harmful due to the prosseccing process kpomo

like- like using car tyres and fuel to burn it
A: Please listen to [read] this carefully, so you don’t misunderstand me.
“Kpomo” or “Kanda” (or whatever name you call the popular, processed cow hide and skin eaten as “meat”) has a lot of stories around it, especially because not many researches has been done on it.
But, let’s get some simple facts here.
It’s wrong to say “kpomo” has NO nutritional value! It is more correct to say it has LOW nutritional value (compared to other food sources). Compared to regular meats, it has low protein and skin-collagen. Other nutrients are low. But, it is a very good dietary roughage—
it helps the process of digestion quite well. But, overall, the nutrients are very low (except if you supplement them during cooking).
Secondly, it is unfair to say, with bold-face, that “kpomo” causes cancer. Yes, due to the way it is processed (like using car tyres and fuel to burn it), there are some chemicals and heavy metals that could cause cancer that are introduced into it. And, sincerely, these chemicals are in low amounts (to the best of my knowledge ) after cooking and preparation. “Kpomo”, in itself, has no cancer-causing ability; the way people process it is the problem.
Even though, eating “kpomo” is affecting our industries (as the Nigerian government complain about kpomo)

in this recession period, some might not have enough to buy meat and fish, but still the only sub for meat and fish is kpomo
and out government is complaining about it..

the government should instead improve the processing process

from the medical point, if the processing process is improved, I don’t see anything wrong in eating it.

http://www.gistlife.com.ng/search/label/Health?max-results=5&m=1

Cc
Lalasticlala
Ishilove
Semid4lyfe
Obinoscopy

(1) (Reply)

DIABETES Is Fast Becoming An Epidemic In Nigeria- A Natural Way Out! / More Picture From The Twins Wey Join Together, Before And After Their Surgery / Urgent Help Needed! The Cost Of Hearing Test For My Baby Is Staggering!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.