Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,841 members, 7,810,240 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:40 AM

As We Approach The Dry Season. - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / As We Approach The Dry Season. (1335 Views)

As The Dry Season Approaches, Make Brisk Money !! / As We Approach The Dry Seasons..Thinking Strategically For Higher Productivity / Snail Farming: Preparing For The Dry Season (part 3) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

As We Approach The Dry Season. by Pavore9: 8:23pm On Sep 27, 2017
It has been a while but the need to share burns.

As we are heading to the dry season, many who lean towards cropping have their thoughts circling around the availability of water. Anyone who wants to run a profitable crop farming business should not be dependent on rainfall because you need to plant all year round and harvest all year round......it is very possible!

Access to water 365 days a year is very central thus harvesting all year round. Don't be a crop farmer that is rain-dependent, you cheat yourself. Everything is possible if you push along the extra mile.

Now to other things. Going through different threads, I read where questions such as:

Will cucumber grow in Edo State?
Will Chilli thrive in Imo State?

Some years back while working in Awka, I experimented growing cucumber in a perforated old plastic bucket which was kept at the balcony, I did get a good harvest and more importantly the conviction that things are possible, unlearning irrational beliefs.

Exotic crops like strawberry is very possible outside areas like Plateau state because knowledge overrides myths.

Somewhere in the southwest within the next 10months, organic strawberries will be harvested in tonnes...#codedgist! cool

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by hahn(m): 8:28pm On Sep 27, 2017
Knowledge overrides myths

1 Like

Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by FarmTech(m): 8:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
I planning for dry season. I've even bought a pumping m/c. But my challenge now is to rent land close to a river in anambra. If anyone can help me pls do, I'll reward u with harvest.
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by DeLaRue: 8:57pm On Sep 27, 2017
Pavore, I assume you're no longer in Kenya.

My desired cabbage seeds are mostly in Kenya, yet it seems rather difficult to buy seeds from the country.

African countries put all manner of barriers up against intra African trade.

I can easily order seeds from China, the US etc but from Kenya, South Africa or Burkina Faso, it's so difficult.

The seed I want is Fabiola cabbage. Do you have any leads please?
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by Pavore9: 9:06pm On Sep 27, 2017
DeLaRue:
Pavore, I assume you're no longer in Kenya.

My desired cabbage seeds are mostly in Kenya, yet it seems rather difficult to buy seeds from the country.

African countries put all manner of barriers up against intra African trade.

I can easily order seeds from China, the US etc but from Kenya, South Africa or Burkina Faso, it's so difficult.

The seed I want is Fabiola cabbage. Do you have any leads please?

Nairobi is still my base but frequently travelling outside Kenya. The easiest way to get seeds from Nairobi to Lagos is giving it to someone who is flying down to Lagos. Have a Kenyan who is flying into Nigeria by the third week of October to set up a farm.
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by DeLaRue: 9:18pm On Sep 27, 2017
Great.

Would you be kind enough to help facilitate the process through the gentleman? I'd be happy to send the money in advance.

Can I reach you by email. Thanks
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by Pavore9: 9:21pm On Sep 27, 2017
DeLaRue:
Great.

Would you be kind enough to help facilitate the process through the gentleman? I'd be happy to send the money in advance.

Can I reach you by email. Thanks

Send me a PM but anything financial will be from the 15th of October.
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by DeLaRue: 9:36pm On Sep 27, 2017
Pavore9:

Send me a PM but anything financial will be from the 15th of October.

Will do, thanks.
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by curiousmind11: 10:41pm On Sep 27, 2017
Pavore9, I always appreciate your informative and inspiring threads/posts. You mean well for Nigeria!

All year farming and thinking outside the box is key.
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by saliubello(m): 11:03pm On Sep 27, 2017
In line with the OP's thought. We have positioned to support you through.

Go through our post :

https://www.nairaland.com/4081752/50-metres-diameters-rain-guns

Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by Yhemit(m): 5:36am On Sep 28, 2017
Pavore9:

As we are heading to the dry season, many who lean towards cropping have their thoughts circling around the availability of water. Anyone who wants to run a profitable crop farming business should not be dependent on rainfall because you need to plant all year round and harvest all year round......it is very possible!

Access to water 365 days a year is very central thus harvesting all year round. Don't be a crop farmer that is rain-dependent, you cheat yourself. Everything is possible if you push along the extra mile.

Now to other things. Going through different threads, I read where questions such as:

Some years back while working in Awka, I experimented growing cucumber in a perforated old plastic bucket which was kept at the balcony, I did get a good harvest and more importantly the conviction that things are possible, unlearning irrational beliefs.

Exotic crops like strawberry is very possible outside areas like Plateau state because knowledge overrides myths.

Somewhere in the southwest within the next 10months, organic strawberries will be harvested in tonnes...#codedgist! cool

Great job sir..... God go bless ur hustle more sir
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by alakara(m): 8:48pm On Oct 01, 2017
Pavore9:

#codedgist i want to follow you number to bumper
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by lino1(f): 11:07pm On Mar 21, 2018
Beautiful, when I read things like this it makes me happy
Re: As We Approach The Dry Season. by Adieza(m): 11:51pm On Sep 22, 2018
Mr pavroe9 I will appreciate if we can talk privately sir

(1) (Reply)

How To Become A Billionaire From Farming / Plantation Farming And Allied Industries / A Month Old Layer For Sale At Cheaper Rate 09038510871

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.