Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,539 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:45 PM

What Are Some Good Ways To Make Money Online As A Side Income Source? - Find Out - Investment - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Investment / What Are Some Good Ways To Make Money Online As A Side Income Source? - Find Out (469 Views)

This Is Not A Get Rich Quick Scheme But It Can Make You Some Good Money / Good Ways Low Income Earner In Nigeria Can Save Money / Make Money Online As A Student With Studentnaija Income Program (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Are Some Good Ways To Make Money Online As A Side Income Source? - Find Out by crownson(m): 2:54am On Sep 28, 2017
There are a lot of good ways to make money online as your own little side income stream.

But I do want to point out one thing, if you plan to do stuff like :

Watching videos for money
Doing surveys for money
Using rewards sites for money
You’re wasting your time.

Trust me,I’ve tried it and it just isn’t worth it. Your pay is usually under $5 per hour and I’m pretty sure you’re better off just getting a part time job somewhere else.

What you can do though, is affiliate marketing.

There are 2 ways you can do this, with free traffic or paid traffic.

What you do with both traffic methods are the same, you want them to click on your affiliate link. That’s how you make money.

Free traffic will take up some of your time while paid traffic will obviously cost you money.

Let’s go through the pros and cons of both shall we?

Free Traffic
One of the most popular ways of getting free traffic is by starting your own blog.

This is how it works :

1. You first choose your niche. A niche is a specific segment of the market like organic food or flip flops for men. You want to be as specific as possible because you want less competition. Remember you are still new in the game so it isn’t a good idea to go up against the big players yet.
2. Create your blog. Write posts on your blog about your chosen niche.
3. The secret here is that the more posts you have the more chances you get at ranking on Google, which will be how you get your free traffic. You also get to rank for more search terms if you have more posts.
4. This will take some time but eventually your website will move up in the rankings. As it goes higher more and more people will be seeing your site and visiting it.
5. You now have free traffic coming to you from Google !
See, the good thing about free traffic is that once you’ve started to get things going, the traffic will just keep on coming, which is great !

The problem though is that it does take quite some time to get ranked highly on Google, you can expect to see results at about 6 months after starting your blog.

If it takes that long what’s the point then?

The point is this is your long term plan. You won’t get any immediate results now but the rewards will be great in the future.

You see those guys with 5/6 year old blogs?

Well more often than not when they create a new post it gets ranked on page 1, instantly !

Think about it for a second.

That’s insane right? You have the ability to advertise your blog for free, for practically any keyword related to your niche.

I don’t know about you but free advertising is pretty powerful to me.

Again, this is a long term kind of thing. You’re slowly building your blog piece by piece and after a few years it will become your greatest weapon.

If you want to learn in depth how to make money this way, check out my
signature and download the free book.

Paid Traffic
If free traffic is your long term plan, paid traffic is your “right now” plan.

Why?

Because paid traffic is instant, it’s fast and you don’t need to have “built” anything before this.

You will be getting traffic as long as you’re paying.

Which is why paid traffic is a really good opportunity for you if you’re just starting out.

There are a lot of different ways you can do it :

solo ads
social media ads
Google adwords
Just to name a few.

The problem though, is that you need to know how to target well. If for example you’re selling winter clothes and your ads are targeting people from hotter countries you won’t be making many sales.

Add in the fact that you’ll still be paying for your ads regardless if you make any sales and you can see how advertising might burn a hole in your pocket.

It is powerful but you need to know how to use it.

Here’s a tip, when using ads always incorporate email marketing as well. You want people to opt in to your email list even if they don’t buy anything so you don’t go home empty handed.

If you want to learn in depth how to make money this way, check out my
signature and download the free book.

(1) (Reply)

Ago For Sale / Load Instant Airtime Voucher @ 2% Less With Android App / Bad News: Many Nigerians Weep Bitterly As MMM Announces A "Restart"...see Detail

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.