Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,443 members, 7,954,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 08:30 AM

British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians (495 Views)

What Is The Retirement Age Of An Air Hostess? / Lady Sacked Over BBNaija In Asaba, Delta State / Rocks Quest FM/TV Presenters Sacked Over Sexual Harassment (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians by robosky02(m): 8:46am On Sep 28, 2017
British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians

British Airways has sacked 23-year-old air hostess, Joanne Wickenden, who shot a racist video where she was seen ranting and insulting Nigerian passengers.

She sparked outrage after the video in which she was seen in her British Airways uniform before flying from London Heathrow to Abuja on Friday night.

According to MailOnline, Ms. Wickenden told officials at British Airways that the video which she uploaded via her Snapchat was ‘just a joke’, adding that she was set up by a British Airways colleague who recorded her and shared the clip.

In a statement on Tuesday, British Airways said Wickenden no longer works with the airline as their staff were expected to be of utmost professionalism when representing the airline.

“She no longer works for British Airways. We expect the utmost professionalism from our staff when they are representing British Airways,” it said.

Meanwhile, Ms. Wickenden, who wants to be an actress, told journalists that she is not a racist.

“I am not a racist.

“I have been framed by another British Airline employee. They were encouraging me, egging me on to say things. They were recording me and sent it around to our friends, she said I don’t want to fly anymore,” she said.

cc: lalasticlala, mynd44
https://www.premiumtimesng.com/news/top-news/244290-british-airways-sacks-air-hostess-made-racist-nigerian-remarks.html

Re: British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians by robosky02(m): 8:50am On Sep 28, 2017
the video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuC9a0aI7zQ

what she said:

"All the Nigerians are gonna be there like 'gimme Coca Cola, gimme me beef, why you have no beef left? I want beef.'

"And I'm just gonna be there like, 'Sorry sir, we ran out of beef'."

She makes reference to what she refers to as a bbc — short for a “big black c***”.

Wickenden says: “The upside is I’m going to Nigeria and there’s going to be bare bbc — I’m joking, I’m joking.”

She also goes on to make a "joke" about the size of the male passenger's todgers in a mock Nigerian accent.

She said: "All the Nigerians are gonna be there asking for f***ing upgrades because they haven't got enough leg room because their b***s are in their way.

"Big d**** like this swinging from side to side."

Wickenden refused to comment about the video at the home she shares with her parents in Fareham, Hants
Re: British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians by Samusu(m): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2017
Yhu are lying. Lai'na Mohammed
Re: British Airways hostess sacked over racist chants against Nigerians by idoncare440(f): 9:14am On Sep 28, 2017
she dey craze. make she come naija to taste young guys c**k she go stagger reach her country ni.

(1) (Reply)

Adobe Research Women-in-technology Scholarship 2018. Don’t Miss Out! / How Can I Make Money With My Facebook Account? / 2 Great Resources You Need This Holiday For Resounding Success In 2018!!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.