Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,448 members, 7,823,059 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 10:48 PM

See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans - Programming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans (5617 Views)

For Programmers In Universities: How Are You Exploiting The ASUU Strike? / The Top Best Developers And Programmers In Nigeria / Do Companies Employ Python Programmers In Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 9:33am On Oct 03, 2017
anonweb:
And that is hw danielthegeek go around castigating oda pple's work when hiz own is ntin to write home about.

Lwkmd, lols
No, it is not about castigating. I believe he was expecting to see a whole boatload of features on my site right away - however, I have learnt the error of RUSHING things out anyhow, I prefer to take it a step at a time.
If it is me that my site is having issues like this https://frendosphere.com - i will just take the site offline to patch up before coming to start marketing. The dude has made many threads on Nairaland for people to start using with lots of rich features e.t.c
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Maj196(m): 10:53am On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:

Yes you can, add me on whatsapp 07030290746
Thanks I'll send u a message.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:19pm On Oct 03, 2017
anonweb:
LAUGH WAN KILL ME DIE HERE, SO DANIELTHEGEEK WHAT DO YOU HAVE TO SAY ABOUT ALL THIS SHIT ON YA' PLATFORM

@dhtml please give me the url, lemme test some cyberskills on it...

Dont open your mouth castigating if what you gat aint better than what you see... Dhtml has said it all.

Please say something oooo.
#anonweb
I wish you luck trying to hack that... Many have tried but failed, not bullet proof but you can try your luck against a TLS encrypted connection to a vertically scaled site.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:22pm On Oct 03, 2017
DanielTheGeek:

I wish you luck trying to hack that... Many have tried but failed, not bullet proof but you can try your luck against a TLS encrypted connection to a vertically scaled site.
But still vulnerabilities will exist, it depends on the level of hacker. when i am more free, i will test the true security of your site (in my spare time). There is a partial xss loophole though, but I am still studying it to see how to truly exploit it (if possible)
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:

No, it is not about castigating. I believe he was expecting to see a whole boatload of features on my site right away - however, I have learnt the error of RUSHING things out anyhow, I prefer to take it a step at a time.
If it is me that my site is having issues like this https://frendosphere.com - i will just take the site offline to patch up before coming to start marketing. The dude has made many threads on Nairaland for people to start using with lots of rich features e.t.c

You read me wrong dude...
I just shared my opinion in a sentence but you replied me with a physics text book...

Anyways I won't react to the fact that you mentioned I didn't know anything about pre-alpha or beta releases... But I understand that your software being in pre-alpha stage means it still lacks some features...but It's actually normal to expect more from your site even if it's still in Pre Alpha stage, because it has been on Pre Alpha stage since 2014 (I stand to be corrected here)... It's only games I know stay on Pre-alpha stage for that long, so it's very normal to expect more from you.

By the way self, you are even the one that knows absolutely nothing (zero) about software development cycles/stages because to the best of my knowledge, a software is only in pre-alpha stage when it's features aren't complete and it's not available to the public once it's available to the public and the features are Still being developed then it's in Beta stage. Please correct me if I'm wrong (I'm still learning after all, unlike you that knows everything already)...

You could have just answered me straight up rather than bouncing back on me through my "website" not "web app".

Plus, thanks for marketing my site

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:

But still vulnerabilities will exist, it depends on the level of hacker. when i am more free, i will test the true security of your site (in my spare time). There is a partial xss loophole though, but I am still studying it to see how to truly exploit it (if possible)

When you do find it and successful pen-test, let me know so I can fix it. We should help each other not punish...lol
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
*deleted
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
That is very great work, keep it up.

1 Like

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
anonweb:
And that is hw danielthegeek go around castigating oda pple's work when hiz own is ntin to write home about.

Lwkmd, lols

With all due respect, shut up!

The site was a result of an experiment on implementing stack overflow + Quora algorithms.. I didn't build from scratch, just cloned an existing repo and built from there so I had to fix a lot of security issues and I'm still fixing. I didn't build a typical web-app just a "dynamic website" nothing serious..but still that "dynamic website" will roast some of your websites scalability wise, so don't even yab me yet lol...
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 3:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:
That is very great work, keep it up.

Thanks man
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 4:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:

I apologize to the owner of this thread for this de compatibility e.t.c and even preparing to enter mobile app phase (real app not embedded rubbishgon.

fatal error 40 seems to be an SSL error sha):

The SSL error is a closed issue. You were the one that pointed it out to me through FS' private chat and I fixed the redirection... Now coming out in public to raise an old issue is just not nice...
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 5:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thank God you posted the private chat yourself, though I have removed my post (with screenshots), you will see that this particular SSL error is different from what I mentioned before.
This new error happened inside opera mini (osx version) - it might be related to the previous one, I cant really tell. Also, your posting private chat on FS to Nairaland is equally wrong. Assuming I am an Oyinbo person, I would have sued you for breach of privacy.

But as you have violated my privacy by posting my private chat here - I will never send private chat to you again (on any platform at all). Assuming more sensitive information was contained now, that is how you will post everything here (just to prove a non-existent point).

What is my crime? I posted something that is visible on the WWW. And your own response is to post what is behind a login. This means that private messages, chats e.t.c of people on your platform are not really safe - this is a cyber-crime that you have just committed.

If Facebook should mistakenly do something like this, do you know how much they will loose?
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by halmat(m): 5:11pm On Oct 03, 2017
DanielTheGeek

Check these below. It's bootstrap v4 in alpha stage. Released since 2015 with its whole lot of contributors, and today it's still in beta and widely used. I've used it in a recent solution and it did well though with some minor bugs.

Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:08pm On Oct 03, 2017
@dhtml and@DanielTheGeek, I look up to you guys and wish I can do half of what you can do. Wanting to be like better you is what keeps my eyes on the screen at night coding. Its not nice seeing you guys arguing, and I believe many people here also feel the same way.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
You are very right, I was wrong. Shouldn't have done that. I'm not trying to justify myself but those messages do not exist on my servers anymore you may still see it, due to caching... I apologise man.

dhtml81:
Thank God you posted the private chat yourself, though I have removed my post (with screenshots), you will see that this particular SSL error is different from what I mentioned before.
This new error happened inside opera mini (osx version) - it might be related to the previous one, I cant really tell. Also, your posting private chat on FS to Nairaland is equally wrong. Assuming I am an Oyinbo person, I would have sued you for breach of privacy.

But as you have violated my privacy by posting my private chat here - I will never send private chat to you again (on any platform at all). Assuming more sensitive information was contained now, that is how you will post everything here (just to prove a non-existent point).

What is my crime? I posted something that is visible on the WWW. And your own response is to post what is behind a login. This means that private messages, chats e.t.c of people on your platform are not really safe - this is a cyber-crime that you have just committed.

If Facebook should mistakenly do something like this, do you know how much they will loose?
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:12pm On Oct 03, 2017
halmat:
DanielTheGeek

Check these below. It's bootstrap v4 in alpha stage. Released since 2015 with its whole lot of contributors, and today it's still in beta and widely used. I've used it in a recent solution and it did well though with some minor bugs.

What exactly are you trying to prove man...
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by anonweb: 7:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:24pm On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:
This new error happened inside opera mini (osx

But talking about the error, it must be platform specific. I haven't tested for that platform, just Safari, Chrome, Opera Mini (mobile) and Firefox.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 7:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
#peace out people (we are not fighting by the way, just trying to BRAGADO each other).

@danielthegeek, you need to do a thorough test (this is why I said you are in pre-alpha stage and even Nairaland sef is still in pre-alpha stage to be quite honest), I always start from opera mini to be honest. Many Nigerians use opera mini, and even Nairaland that many of us criticize so much scale fairly well in opera mini and uc mini browser.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 8:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
dhtml81:
I always start from opera mini to be honest. Many Nigerians use opera mini, and even Nairaland that many of us criticize so much scale fairly well in opera mini and uc mini browser.

I was eager to push things....my bad..

To be honest we are actually both on Alpha stage, because both site has been released for the public even though it's not complete.

I'm considering building a mobile only version that resembles a mobile app and interacts with the main app over a RESTful API.

This is something I have to think about because I usually don't have time for side projects these days.
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by TeejayMaya(m): 8:46pm On Oct 03, 2017
Boss, great work you are doing and wish you greater and greater heights to come. I have known you on NairaLand since way way back as a fellow early NairaLand user since 2007 thereabout with my then old user account.

I can vividly reminisce the family bond we all had then in the once bubbling Webmasters Section where we all collaborated and supported one another like a very big united family. The old glory days of NL.

We are getting there and God will see us tru as we aim to contribute our own quota towards a better and greater community for all. Cheers boss!! Your boy is proud of you

dhtml81:
I have contributed to this thread to respond that - yes I make money from programming.
Sorry, i will have to decline your review and analysis, and I am also not interested in discussing the affairs of Nairaland on Nairaland. You have more than enough companies to troll to in Lagos (and oh, Nairaland is not even located in Lagos).
Re: See Money Making Programmers In Nairalans by Nobody: 10:23pm On Oct 03, 2017
Thank you jare, I still remember our webmaster days, those were the best days on this technology board - when we had really great developers in the house.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Programmers how much do you earn monthly? / Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / Thread For International Remote Tech Jobs - US, UK, Canada, Germany, UAE...

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.