Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,123 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) - Phones (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) (9142 Views)

Tiktok Bans Account Of Content Creator Embarking On 24 Hours Buried Alive / UPDATED: Meta Restores Whatsapp Services After Two-hour Outage / India Bans 59 Chinese Mobile Apps (Full List) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gazzy88(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
ruggedtimi:
lol good news bro... not bad, cos wechat is more private compared to whatsapp, message can also he recalled
Have you heard of gbwhatsapp v5.90 version? it has a recall feature.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Fidelismaria: 1:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
seun
go bribe naija government make dem ban WhatsApp, fb, and Instagram
so Nigerians go dey use nairaland
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by starstunna1313(m): 5:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
lomprico:
Ahh! shocked

How will I be communicating with my business partner over there? shocked

Wechat cheesy... I swear I love China
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gurusizkid(m): 7:49pm On Sep 29, 2017
Fidelismaria:
seun
go bribe naija government make dem ban WhatsApp, fb, and Instagram
so Nigerians go dey use nairaland
[b] Is Nairaland a social medical platform, this ur talk is meaningless grin grin
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by abbeyforex(m): 4:09am On Sep 30, 2017
Despite the China ban on whatsapp, I still rock and roll with my chinese suppliers and agents on whatsapp. Its all about PLAN B,wetin concern me ?
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukxie(m): 4:13am On Sep 30, 2017
TellMeNothing:
Where is your source? False news. I still chat with my China supplier on whatsapp today

It's not fake news, mate. The complete banning of Whatsapp took effect this Monday. Two weeks before then, Whatsapp messages were temporarily restricted / obstructed. I hear the ban has to do with the forthcoming Communist Party Congress scheduled to commence on the 18th of October in Beijing. However, despite the restriction, with a good VPN one can still access Whatsapp, Facebook...

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gurusizkid(m): 4:30am On Sep 30, 2017
chukxie:

It's not fake news, mate. The complete banning of Whatsapp took effect this Monday. Two weeks before then, Whatsapp messages were temporarily restricted / obstructed. I hear the ban has to do with the forthcoming Communist Party Congress scheduled to commence on the 18th of October in Beijing. However, with the restriction, with a good VPN one can still access Whatsapp, Facebook...

Thank God am not the only one saying it. There thought what i posted is fake!
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukxie(m): 4:33am On Sep 30, 2017
Gurusizkid:

Thank God am not the only one saying it. There thought what i posted is fake!

I live in China so I know you're right about what you posted.

2 Likes

Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gurusizkid(m): 4:42am On Sep 30, 2017
chukxie:

I live in China so I know you're right about what you posted.

Are from Nigeria? Staying in China. Gurus there can come together and bypass it with VPN
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukxie(m): 4:56am On Sep 30, 2017
Gurusizkid:

Are from Nigeria? Staying in China. Gurus there can come together and bypass it with VPN

Pure Edo/ Akwa Ibom breed, Lasgidi schooled, survived on Agege bread and Agoin beans, molue -clinging guy... VPN full ground here to choose from. Although recently, the gov't has been clamping down on VPN on both Google play store and ITunes.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Nobody: 6:17am On Sep 30, 2017
These fvckers will soon ban sex.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by 9japrof(m): 6:18am On Sep 30, 2017
Gurusizkid:

If na Naija eeh gurus will make a way How To Continue Using WhatsApp" It will now be an illegal means I trust naija guys for that one grin

Am sure you dont know China are strict in enforcing laws unlike Nigeria. am sure you are not even aware that that under cyber crime laws in Nigeria, free cheats are prohibited. If not that we don't enforce laws, people like you that disseminate the info would have a one year free rent for kuje or kirikiri grin
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by flyca: 6:42am On Sep 30, 2017
Gurusizkid:

I fear Nairaland and their ban there are some links wen u post them they'll ban you.
He is using a VPN that bypasses the firewall placed on Whatsapp servers. Same for all of us still using whatsapp here. The bad news is - I heard the central govt has issued a notice, placing a ban on VPNs too from Feb 1st next year. So better start looking for alternatives.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Nobody: 8:21am On Sep 30, 2017
flyca:

He is using a VPN that bypasses the firewall placed on Whatsapp servers. Same for all of us still using whatsapp here. The bad news is - I heard the central govt has issued a notice, placing a ban on VPNs too from Feb 1st next year. So better start looking for alternatives.

China is mean mugging you folks out there.

VPN will soon be illegal...ISPs have been forced to make social media posts traceable to your govt name...that's a fvcking control utopia.

It appears the govt censor is largely limited to mainland China.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gurusizkid(m): 11:04am On Sep 30, 2017
9japrof:

Am sure you dont know China are strict in enforcing laws unlike Nigeria. am sure you are not even aware that that under cyber crime laws in Nigeria, free cheats are prohibited. If not that we don't enforce laws, people like you that disseminate the info would have a one year free rent for kuje or kirikiri grin

I know, but the law is still functioning and they can't get me and they can never get me.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gurusizkid(m): 11:07am On Sep 30, 2017
flyca:

We gurus have some many alternatives if its in naija. Such banning law will occur in naija.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by enabledgoddess(f): 11:20am On Sep 30, 2017
Gurusizkid:
WhatsApp has finally been banned from in China mainland by the country's government, with photo and video sharing, text message and other WhatsApp features are currently not functional.
Meanwhile, WhatsApp has previously been blocked but was lifted with few days and this time, it's unclear when the ban will be lifted.

The ban of WhatsApp has also affects some other services including normal messaging. It's not hard to get the reasoning for the move WhatsApp surveillance impossible or difficult.

However, the move had made all Chinese users to switch to a popular messaging service in the country called WeChat which is owned by Tecent, a Chinese company that often accepts information request by china government.

Considering the ban of Facebook, Instagram and even the last Mark Zuckerberg messaging app in China, WhatsApp ban, I think this has likely put a dent for Facebook's plan to expand more services into the country.

For me, I can't live in a country where there's no access to Facebook, Instagram and even WhatsApp, i don't know about you.

Cc;lalasticlala Seun Mynd44

pusan,

I read your write up twice , and saw nowhere you mentioned the reasons these social medias were banned. you just ranting about how you can live where there isn't such.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by 9japrof(m): 11:30am On Sep 30, 2017
Gurusizkid:

I know, but the law is still functioning and they can't get me and they can never get me.

They can't get you, you claim. Your number is here, your Facebook ID is here also and u claim invincibility. Bros just calm down that the government is not on your trail yet

1 Like

Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Kalashnikov102(m): 12:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
Chisos!!
Ayam coming lemme call Emeka, Chidi, Chike and the lest of my blothers sinx WhatsApp is brocked! how do chart with Mr.Wong in the gloup chat
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Gurusizkid(m): 12:51pm On Sep 30, 2017
9japrof:

They can't get you, you claim. Your number is here, your Facebook ID is here also and u claim invincibility. Bros just calm down that the government is not on your trail yet

Guy forget that one o. You don't even know me, Well let's leave it here to avoid been banned becos they are things I will say here that will result to ban. Please check my signature let's discuss there on Facebook.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Originality007: 4:01pm On Sep 30, 2017
ruggedtimi:
wechat is better than whatsapp

na lie...

1 Like

Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukxie(m): 1:28am On Oct 01, 2017
Surprisingly Whatsapp has been up and running since yesterday! Messages and voice calling function well while voice note and photos sharing aren't functioning.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by JazzMode: 6:22am On Oct 01, 2017
chukxie:

Pure Edo/ Akwa Ibom breed, Lasgidi schooled, survived on Agege bread and Agoin beans, molue -clinging guy... VPN full ground here to choose from. Although recently, the gov't has been clamping down on VPN on both Google play store and ITunes.

Like seriously? Hope the punishment for this "crime" is not a grave one?
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukzyfcbb: 11:48am On Oct 01, 2017
For those of you screaming VPN
News report have it that there has been a consideration by the Chinese govt to BAN VPN services in February 2018_ and remove all VPN apps from the China play store.

So its just a matter of time before Chinese Govt declares the use of VPN ILLEGAL.

Not forgetting that China has a GREAT FIREWALL that's able to detect most of these VPN traffic and get them filtered.
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukzyfcbb: 11:57am On Oct 01, 2017
9japrof:

no mind that niccur, I'm just learn a little I.T tricks and he is forming Stealth. Na their type baby hackers dey learn work
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by chukxie(m): 2:14pm On Oct 01, 2017
JazzMode:

Like seriously? Hope the punishment for this "crime" is not a grave one?

I don't think so .
Re: China Finally Bans Whatsapp Services, See Reasons! (photos) by Abdgafarplenty(m): 3:58pm On Oct 01, 2017
But I'm currently chatting with my friend in Beijing on WhatsApp and he still pretty much uses his Facebook account.

OP which china are we talking about??

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Truth About Powerbanks / Finally Ultimate Method To Unlock FIFA 14 Apk Offline Mode / Recommend Good Andriod Phone For My Aged Mother

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 35
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.