Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,872 members, 7,817,568 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:36 PM

Help With PHCN Wahala - Family (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help With PHCN Wahala (29927 Views)

My Wife's Wahala. Goes Through My Phone Every 3 Days / Three Phase PHCN Prepaid Meter For Sale / My Experience - The Scourge Of PHCN Estimated Billing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by roqrules04(m): 12:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
Prepaid meter is still always better
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by free2ryhme: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.

welcome to the thieving country call Nigeria
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by DripDrop: 12:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
What part of Lagos

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by usafemo(m): 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:
Hello house, please I need some serious help here. PHCN has been the only issue I've got with the apartment I share. It is actually a converted mini-flat com two-bedroom. A GF and I decided to demarcate the space such that we both got our rooms. We came in as simple girls with simple gadgets.

I had just two bulbs, a TV, fridge and AC. Nothing more except some rarely used kitchen gadgets. She had small stuffs like me too. We were barely home to use these things. Soon enough, she got transferred and left her space to her young male cousin whose main belonging is a radio...no power consumption.

All was well for about three months into our stay until craaze fell on PHCN.Our bill jumped from 2k to 12k, 10k, etc. In fact, we once got 17k! I swearit, I tried to move out but couldn't get anything affordable and thought I could have it fixed. So, we've been paying 10k every month for as long as I can remember, yet, we have over 60k outstanding on the bill! This was because we were paying 3k for about six months before deciding to up amount after realizing the value kept increasing.

The unthinkable happened today when I got home to see a disconnection ticket even after paying 10k about 2 weeks ago!Now I'm thinking of just writing them to stop our billing, we are no longer interested. Cos I am so not gonna pay, will probably partially move back home.

What do you think? We have gone to their Shomolu customer care tire, spoken to the marketing manager here... nothing. They came for load assessment yet nothing. E don tire me. What should we do? Our small space gets charged same amount the bigger flats get...yet we no get anything o. We asked for prepaid meter, yet nothing.

They have become bunch of thieves after police � now
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Yelutide: 12:05pm On Sep 29, 2017
I stay in a two bedroom flats and PHCN have been consistent with N938 billing for the past 6months.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by ITbomb(m): 12:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
So you are staying with a guy

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by cocoberry(f): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
sad The annoying part is my salary didn't increase and yet everything has added in the market sad

3 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by bolethings: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
I am actually paying for darkness here. I mean my 2 bdr bq pays the same amount the 4 flats main building pays just because my landlord mistakenly requested a separate billing for the bq.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by LivingBetter: 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
National Electricity Regulation Commission has said that ANY electricity distribution company CANNOT disconnect any customer that has not be given Prepaid meter. Check NERC website for confirmation; use that to confront any agent that wants to disconnect you. You can thank me later. Information is power!

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by tosyne2much(m): 12:07pm On Sep 29, 2017
yettymuse:
see enh, they tried this shit with me and I told them to bleeping cut the light, pack the wire and go!
Dude was shocked for seconds, he has never heard such. I don tire, they actually did. I was running my Gen and enjoying my little luxury until they came one day and ask for settlement so they could fix it back. Nonsense!
That's how notorious those guys can be. Sometimes, they go on illegal operation just to extort money from people

3 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by kadree(m): 12:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
Next when u c someone letting all hell loose for just a slight step on his foot, please don't be near surprise.
Nigerians ARE NOT HAPPY!
Anger and frustration everywhere!

For PHCH, I have admitted they are one hell of a challenge I must deal with as a living entity.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by hollowpot15684(m): 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
The hike in electricity price has been a major serious complaint recently in Nigeria, and this is as a result of the effort made by the Private companies to balance up their ledgers ..This fundamental problem is usually traced to the heavy tax procured by the so much change we Vote for.

This country need to sort for another viable source of electricity.. But pls, why is the Government not investing in such projects that will not only alleviate pressure from their neck, but also, from the neck of its own Citizens.??.

I think we need to ask Daddy Boo Boo. grin

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by KevinDein: 12:10pm On Sep 29, 2017
frenzyduchess:
I only came here to see how one can contest unfair bills, but all I am seeing so far is people whining, we need solution not all this complain
Same here.

Someone should proffer a solution oo.

2 Likes

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Funkybabee(f): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Just go to their office and complains
In red eyes ni ooo I think they will find something to do about it...

Our problems here in my town is thief carrying our cable go,there are some streets now that didn't have light for the past a month now!!!!some they go say they remove something which cost 1ml where do u want people to see that kind money May God Help us in this country

They have stole our cable for like 3times now

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by tayo60(f): 12:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
Those PHCN workers are evil. Their own corruption is higher than anywhere else. They come to ask us to pay NEPA bill as if its a thrift. And if you don't give them something, they cut off your light. Even if we pay them by hand, some won't reflect from the bill and d bill gets accumulating. When d federal govt was controlling power , it was far better than now. Most of us pay PHCN for light we don't actually have talk less of using. May God judge them all cry
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by troubleshooter: 12:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Same here.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Stevengerd(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
My sister if deh disconnect your light, reconnect. if they come park una cable, goan buy another cable. uneasy is the head that wears the crown. for my area alot of them no deh pay nepa bill, wetin concern them. illegal tapping.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by jacoik(m): 12:13pm On Sep 29, 2017
Take them to court period !!! Useless set of people
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Topmaike007(m): 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
Should We Be Praying For Another Tstv To Come Nd Rescue Us From This Phcn Peoples?

As A Student I Pay More And Use Less

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by four4: 12:14pm On Sep 29, 2017
PaperLace:
Sisisioge, that's their modus operandi now o.

Here they just look at the house, if the paint and gate fine _they knack you N25,000. If your fence done dey fall _ N3,500.
very ! very funny of you

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by lonelydora: 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
sisisioge:

They over estimated my bills sometime in 2015 to 314k, i got angry and stopped paying bills until February 2017 when i got Prepaid meter. I gave them warning never to disconnect my lines until the issue is sorted out.(I have big ogas in their headquarters shaa)

After much hassles, just yesterday, they sent me a letter showing that i was overbilled. From 314k to 80k due to 2 years of non payment, which they will be collecting 40% of whatever i recharged.

Go to their HQTRS and make sure you create a scene, come back and thank me later.

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by jacoik(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
yettymuse:
see enh, they tried this shit with me and I told them to bleeping cut the light, pack the wire and go!
Dude was shocked for seconds, he has never heard such. I don tire, they actually did. I was running my Gen and enjoying my little luxury until they came one day and ask for settlement so they could fix it back. Nonsense!
lolzzzz chisos!!! Guy like serious ? They came for settlement? That means they know what they are doing na
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by talk2percy(m): 12:15pm On Sep 29, 2017
The most corrupt government ever, a replica of this mumu government. Bunch of failures. That's scandalous. Everything about this tyrannized government is always shrouded in secrecy. Sister, relocate to another place, cuz when u sum up what u pay for electricity alone in 12months u will use it and pay for a decent apartment and still enjoy normal electricity billing.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by jamace(m): 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
I have forgotten about PHCN/DISCO. I use my generator for over a year now. angry

Why wont they be useless when govt still DASH chunk of money to them every year in the budget for something that govt said they have privatised. Only in Naija.
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by DripDrop: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
You Nigerians don't like to pay your dues.. If you don't have constant power supply, you complain. You have now, it's too expensive you say... 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap. You might need to check cost of gas or coal, coupled with transmission problems and theft along the lines before you come here to complain about bills
shut up you fool

27 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Nobody: 12:16pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nepa and police whala

1 Like

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by refreshrate: 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
CosmeticChemist:
You Nigerians don't like to pay your dues.. If you don't have constant power supply, you complain. You have now, it's too expensive you say... 12k in a month for stable power supply or even 6 hrs in a day is embarrassingly cheap. You might need to check cost of gas or coal, coupled with transmission problems and theft along the lines before you come here to complain about bills

God punish you
Asinwin oshi

You and whatever gave you the audacity to insult an entire country like this are very very mad

Asinwin

24 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by mailmitch(m): 12:17pm On Sep 29, 2017
These Nepa people are nothing but theives. The kinda money they make in a month from we Nigerians is enough to build bridges, schools and roads. But every time they complain of no money. Bill we were paying 6k initially has quadrupled to a whopping 350k plus. I don't know who dey think will pay that kinda amount of money. Seriously I don't know where we are going with this cabal called Nepa or whatever their name is
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by Kobicove(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
Make a case for them to give you a prepaid meter
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by CosmeticChemist(m): 12:18pm On Sep 29, 2017
refreshrate:

God punish you
Asinwin oshi

You and whatever gave you the audacity to insult an entire country like this are very very mad

Asinwin

Lmao
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by CosmeticChemist(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
DripDrop:
shut up you fool
Why the insult ?
Re: Help With PHCN Wahala by correctguy101(m): 12:19pm On Sep 29, 2017
yettymuse:

The cable isn't theirs to take, why did you give it away?
In my own case, I told them I'm no longer interested and that they should help me bring the cable down so I can pack and sell it off.
The guy just open eye and mouth dey look me.
Since then I only give them 5h or 1k anytime they meet me and that's all I pay for.

7 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

My Mother-In-Law Calls Me By My Wife's Ex Boyfriend's Name / Photo: See Billionaire Man Buries Mother With Hummer Jeep / Should Two Sisters Marry To The Same Family?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.