Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,602 members, 7,809,188 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:46 AM

Child grown up now - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Child grown up now (1211 Views)

Is It Right For A Father To Lie Like This, With His Grown-up Daughter? / Can I Fight This Now Or Wait Till The Baby Is Grown? / See This Viral Photo Of This Old Woman Breast Feeding His Grown Up Son (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Child grown up now by airminem(f): 1:38pm On Sep 29, 2017
Thanks for all comments

Re: Child grown up now by Nobody: 1:41pm On Sep 29, 2017
Wow. Let the experienced ones come first.

1 Like

Re: Child grown up now by Oluwaseyi00(m): 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Just give it time, the more closer he is to her the more they'll grow fond of each other... Don't expect a quick miracle.

2 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by thesicilian: 1:43pm On Sep 29, 2017
Since you said he's already working on his depression, its just a matter of time before she warms up to him. So don't you worry, children do not keep things in their minds for so long unlike adults. It will help if you three do more fun stuff together in and outside the house.

5 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by greatnaija01: 1:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
he is not telling the full truth.... THE CHILD MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED AN ABUSE FROM HIM..... install cameras to know whats up when u are not at home.

PROTECT THE GIRL CHILD

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Child grown up now by thesicilian: 1:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
greatnaija01:
he is not telling the full truth.... THE CHILD MAY HAVE EXPERIENCED AN ABUSE FROM HIM..... install cameras to know whats up when u are not at home.

PROTECT THE GIRL CHILD
Bro, I'm not saying you do not have a point sha, but common, its the father we are talking about here now. How long do you expect her to spy on her husband - till the daughter turns 18yrs?

5 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by paiz: 1:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
Take it easy

1 Like

Re: Child grown up now by pasqal09: 2:08pm On Sep 29, 2017
She'll get used to him when she gets older.

2 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by izaray(f): 2:11pm On Sep 29, 2017
They is something am not understanding here.

Were you guys not staying together at the time u gave birth to them

I mean ur husband.

2 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by Lovetinz(m): 2:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
If your husband would partake in preparing the child's meal, you may see progress.
Every kid loves a FoodMaker.

4 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by airminem(f): 2:21pm On Sep 29, 2017
greatnaija01:

PROTECT THE GIRL CHILD

My husband loves his family so much and its the full truth please. However, without knowing the exact cause of her being "afraid", isn't anything i can do? I wish i could make her talk about her feelings and see if it leads me to a cause thats made her be afraid around him.

2 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by airminem(f): 2:24pm On Sep 29, 2017
izaray:
They is something am not understanding here.

Were you guys not staying together at the time u gave birth to them

I mean ur husband.

Yes we have been together. I only just brought it up now for you to contribute or help me out with the issue.

Thanks
Re: Child grown up now by greatnaija01: 2:44pm On Sep 29, 2017
pls ma is your husband STRICT or a fervent DISCIPLINARIAN.... BECAUSE its easy to solve this now that its early o...

airminem:

My husband loves his family so much and its the full truth please. However, without knowing the exact cause of her being "afraid", isn't anything i can do? I wish i could make her talk about her feelings and see if it leads me to a cause thats made her be afraid around him.
Re: Child grown up now by pocohantas(f): 2:46pm On Sep 29, 2017
https://www.babycenter.com/400_my-daughters-afraid-of-her-father-what-should-i-do_500149_1.bc

All the answers you need are there, na the same post you copy...
Re: Child grown up now by izaray(f): 2:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
[quote author=airminem post=60944914]

Yes we have been together. I only just brought it up now for you to contribute or help me out with the issue.

Thanks[/quote) Ah!! What then could possibly be their problem Have seen majority of female children loving their dad more

than their mom...You hear them saying, i will tell my daddy for you, with all seriousness. making it looks as if mom will be a goner once dad arrived. smiley

Madam tell ur husband to show them more love, he should make sure they see him as their play mate for now..

Then later things can change. Like taking them out, buying them things, mostly when his coming back from work.

Trust me, when ur husband try dis for just 2 weeks, they will become their Dad's time keeper henceforth, waiting for who will welcome him first at ur door post.

2 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by BlackDBagba: 2:50pm On Sep 29, 2017
Ok
Re: Child grown up now by airminem(f): 3:04pm On Sep 29, 2017
pocohantas:
https://www.babycenter.com/400_my-daughters-afraid-of-her-father-what-should-i-do_500149_1.bc

Theoretically, in Nigeria environment its peculiarly not same okay
Re: Child grown up now by Nobody: 3:12pm On Sep 29, 2017
Don't push her. The young soul experienced negativity around him and her gut feeling told her to stay away from him. Smart cutie. She will learn, he does not mean harm when she experiences his gentle side. It needs time. You can't undo 11 months in a week.
Re: Child grown up now by Nobody: 3:48pm On Sep 29, 2017
Mindfulness:
Don't push her. The young soul experienced negativity around him and her gut feeling told her to stay away from him. Smart cutie. She will learn, he does not mean harm when she experiences his gentle side. It needs time. You can't undo 11 months in a week.
The kid is 11months old like she said, her husband was depressed and at the period may not have been very close to the child. Babies grow fond of those who carry them often, bath them often, played with them often, made food and fed them often. More often than not, between both parents; they either love both or love one more and in most cases it's the mother they tend to love more 'cause of her motherly roles. Her husband should endeavour to get closer to the kid and she'll grow fondness for him.

2 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by Nobody: 4:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
kimbraa:
The kid is 11months old like she said, her husband was depressed and at the period may not have been very close to the child. Babies grow fond of those who carry them often, bath them often, played with them often, made food and fed them often. More often than not, between both parents; they either love both or love one more and in most cases it's the mother they tend to love more 'cause of her motherly roles. Her husband should endeavour to get closer to the kid and she'll grow fondness for him.

You said what I said in a more specific way.
Re: Child grown up now by johnson232: 5:34pm On Sep 29, 2017
airminem:
My husband has been battling depression for most of our 11 month-old's life, and has been mean, moody, and distant around her. Recently he's been doing better, and is trying to improve their relationship. Our daughter's still afraid of him, though, and won't let him hold her, hug her, or play with her. How can I help them develop a closer bond?

We have discussed about it and still not helping issues. please advice
Weren't u the one that once opened a thread about your son preferring your husband over u?
Guess u have succeded in turning your daughter against him, so why are u complaining?
Re: Child grown up now by thorpido(m): 7:03pm On Sep 29, 2017
pocohantas:

So she just copied a post to start a thread?

1 Like

Re: Child grown up now by pocohantas(f): 7:09pm On Sep 29, 2017
thorpido:
So she just copied a post to start a thread?

This is her post...

"My husband has been battling depression for most of our 11 month-old's life, and has been mean, moody, and distant around her. Recently he's been doing better, and is trying to improve their relationship. Our daughter's still afraid of him, though, and won't let him hold her, hug her, or play with her. How can I help them develop a closer bond?

We have discussed about it and still not helping issues. please advice"

this is from babycenter...

My husband has been battling depression for most of our 4-year-old's life, and has been mean, moody, and distant around her. Recently he's been doing better, and is trying to improve their relationship. Our daughter's still afraid of him, though, and won't let him hold her, hug her, or play with her. How can I help them develop a closer bond?

The only difference is the age of the child. I wonder her aim...
We already have one person telling her to protect the girl child.

3 Likes

Re: Child grown up now by mrblessed(m): 7:25am On Sep 30, 2017
johnson232:

Weren't u the one that once opened a thread about your son preferring your husband over u?
Guess u have succeded in turning your daughter against him, so why are u complaining?
I like your brilliant observation. That lady seems to derive satisfaction in bringing her family issues to nairaland, no matter how trivial and unimportant they are. A man who suffers depression might have been alienated from his family members. If, for example, the youngest seems to be unfamiliar with him, it is no-brainer the husband needs to spend time and reconnect with the baby, or be involved in taking care of her even if from afar. I have a hunch -- now, I wish I am wrong -- that the Op wants to indirectly inform nairalanders about her husband's challenge with depression.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

My Baby Brother Needs Help / Hypocrisy And Nigerian Self-styled OPEN MARRIAGES. / CBN Order My Friends Salary Account To Be Closed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.