Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,781 members, 7,813,582 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:26 PM

The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi (4140 Views)

Babatunde, Boluwatife, Bamidele Set To Headline Ibadan Reads August Edition / A Nairalander Poses With Obaseki As Governor Endorses His Book (Photos) / Best Book On Wattpad - Hers Alone By Boluwatife Mercy (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Explorers(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
From here;

10 Young Nigerian Poets You Should Be Reading In 2017.

No1 on the list.

https://www.nairaland.com/3885902/10-young-nigerian-poets-should

Foreward

Before our very eyes, the poetry of Boluwatife Afolabi has emerged, as butterfly from cocoon, and taken dainty flight.

It is a privilege to witness these protean moments and to relish the ineffable joy they yield.

This chapbook has seen prior incarnations.

In the way that the wind happens to the place with most of the tall grass, Afolabi's inspiration has settled on those boughs that most exercise our sentience and our humanity.

He, the poet, has come a long way from where he started.

If the trajectories mapped in these poems are any indication, this poet is one to watch.

I'm chuffed, to be asked to write this introduction to a poet of enormous promise and potential.

I am amazed at the quality of mind and poetics deployed in this chapbook.

I've watched the unfurling of the banner. Seeing it flying the crest of Afolabi's imagination with the first rays of this new day bolsters my faith in the future of African poetry.

The poems here are shaped by a vigilant intelligence and an astute understanding of what matters.

They have an emotional depth to them that belie the age or experience of the poet.

In these poems, one inexorably comes to agree with the sage who observed that good poems know more than the poet does.

In a time when hunger for fame and undisguised greed for money has come to describe some self-styled poets, it is truly refreshing to encounter a true poet.

True poets are moved by what they can give, what they can describe, what they can create not merely what they can get.

Afolabi's poems are pollinators, they are butterflies to be admired for their damask, yes, but they are way more than what appears.

They keep the cycle of energy and life going.

This, ultimately, is what we are wired for.

This is why poems such as are here contained will always matter.

Tade Ipadeola, Author, The Sahara Testaments.

DOWNLOAD LINK;

http://mag.sankofainitiative.org/publications/the-cartogher-of-memory/
Lalasticlala, Mynd44

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Explorers(m): 10:59pm On Sep 29, 2017
About the Author.

2 Likes

Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by shakswealth(m): 11:06pm On Sep 29, 2017
Nice piece

FCT. grin, this land is not for sale grin
BEWARE of 419grin

1 Like

Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Tobitrueman(m): 2:56am On Sep 30, 2017
Very interesting
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Lagusta(m): 3:27am On Sep 30, 2017
The guy himself is a Nairalander joor.....

I know his username but it seems he wants to be anonymous, so I would keep it that way ....

Well done!!!!

2 Likes

Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by ibkayee(f): 7:37am On Sep 30, 2017
This is great

1 Like

Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Explorers(m): 7:46am On Sep 30, 2017
ibkayee:
This is great

Tnx sis

2 Likes

Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by AburoBuhari: 9:30am On Sep 30, 2017
it should be interesting for those that went through it, These days after using 6years in tertiary institutions (ND,B.Sc.)and had to wait a year for Service I don't read anything again as am becoming frustrated

*AburoBuhari*
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by cosby02(m): 9:35am On Sep 30, 2017
Omoluwabi grin
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Finstar: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2017
Nice..

If you looking for a business idea? Check my signature
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Hayerh30: 9:36am On Sep 30, 2017
smiley
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by tk4rd: 9:43am On Sep 30, 2017
SPACE BOOKED..
****Modified..
I don't just know why I keep noticing only his GOGGLES.
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by pejuakinab: 9:44am On Sep 30, 2017
cryNo cheeting here

Space booked

Fayose wanna cheet!

Ekiti pipu!!
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by enemona90: 10:07am On Sep 30, 2017
Wow. Our future Wole Shoyinka
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Henitan24(f): 10:08am On Sep 30, 2017
This is impressive... kudos dude

For alternative source of income check my signature
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by maisauki: 10:38am On Sep 30, 2017
That moment when your battery is at 3% and you see your Boss upload pictures of himself and his family. And wanting to impress him, you quickly comment "cool pics" but auto correct changes it to "cool pigs" and your battery runs out!Don't even bother explaining, pal, just find another job
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by wintersnow(m): 11:09am On Sep 30, 2017
Bro incase you need a book cover designer holla at me!
Re: The Cartographer Of Memory, ABook By A Nairalander's Brother, Boluwatife Afolabi by Bikky302(f): 3:21pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nice one oluafolabi, the poems were deep and mind-blowing. A goodread

(1) (Reply)

"I Use To Smoke Hard Cigarette" Wole Soyinka Shares Throwback Photos / Doro My First Love / Humans

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.