Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,170 members, 7,815,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:02 AM

Jobber’s Life In A Corrupt Labour Market - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Jobber’s Life In A Corrupt Labour Market (399 Views)

Jobber Recruit Verified Jobs Portal / Slavery In Our Labour Market / My Problem With Jobber Man Site And A Few Others (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Jobber’s Life In A Corrupt Labour Market by alvinx: 9:06am On Sep 30, 2017
It saddens me to have read an article by a nairalander who lamented about the situation of an unemployed graduate. There are more than 10million Nigerians who feel the same way you do. I woke up this morning, and the first thing that crossed my thought was the complaint of my grandmother-in-law about me not being smart enough because I couldn’t secure a job after resigning from the frustrated last job.
The truth is that we need total overhauling, fresh sensitization or the opposite of corruption in our labour market (ie government organizations, private and public sectors).
How can there be employment even after elaborated advertisement about job vacancies?When the company itself does not select based on how qualified or experience you have, but how connected and what your connection can contribute to the so called company.
Nigeria will continue to struggle in creating jobs until this corruption in labour market is addressed.
Let the rightful candidate be selected devoid of any bias, favouritism or connectedness. Let there be opportunity for the smart people and ‘value contributors’ to showcase their talent. It suppose to be a talent hunt and not the other way round.
Let the selection be based on qualification, experience or skill sets and not how well you are connected.
Nigeria labour market should desist from corrupt methods because its not taking us anywhere but further devaluing and killing the very understanding of what a good company portrays.
Re: Jobber’s Life In A Corrupt Labour Market by Nobody: 12:33pm On Sep 30, 2017
The problem is not really non credibility or lack of " meritocracy". The problem is lack of opportunity. The number of applicants exceed the available opportunity. Why are there no opportunities? The government policies do not favour business i.e small or medium scale. The government' regulations on some industries are not encouraging. Private investor are scared i.e banks, they don't want take risk in investing in start up. There is a start up everybody is famzing with now simply because those folks were able to raise about 1.5 millions dollars in seed funding from silicon valley. The company has created close to 50 jobs within one year of its operation. Ordinarily, if these guys have walked into any bank or met some private Nigerian investor, we both know what the story would be. So you see where the problem is... I know a few organisations that recruit on merit but the number of positions are extremely limited.

(1) (Reply)

What To Expect On This Job Invitation / Your Idea Is Not Unique. Your Ideology Is. / Urgent Vacancies For Drivers And A Male Secretary In A Reputable Company

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.