Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,258 members, 7,818,883 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:17 AM

Voyage Into A New Territory - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Voyage Into A New Territory (291 Views)

Job Role: Sales Territory Executive / Territory Sales Representative (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Voyage Into A New Territory by tundefamuyide(m): 2:41pm On Sep 30, 2017
Career paths in our dispensation have been described as “boundary-less”. The process of building our respective careers involves accruing various experiences under different managers, across varying work content within multiple organizations. What we seek growth-wise at various points would alter or guide our course, but in all we seek situations that aligns with our current career vision. The flu x I experienced recently scared me initially, but then having read extensively on it, I discovered new information which I’m about to share, you might benefit from it likewise. Future forward: It was once a long-term passion that I envisioned in distance, I had a role aligned with my experience and skill-sets, and not my education. But as I grew in ranks here, another career step developed in my back pocket, which served as a great motivator. While at it, I was building infrastructure for the miles ahead, developing new skill-sets became imperative for my dreams to come to fruition. The organizations I have volunteered and worked for in the past years contributed towards building my foundational skills and also presented the opportunities for me to build great networks; having met with bunch of talents across various fields, startup owners, serial entrepreneur, CEO's and business moguls in Media, Outsourcing/Management, Tech and Financial institutions. New progressive: My current phase, here I intend to break the mold. My aim is to build a new career path for myself, while integrating models and disruptive elements “technology” all combined with my current area of expertise in Human Relation and Management. Currently, I’m interning as a software and web developer, so as to gain necessary and needed experience to further develop my skill-sets for my new career path. This path provides a high tolerance for ambiguity and exploration, along with a healthy dose of “progressive ambition”, as the steps of my new path in Tech reveal itself with further training and learning as the time goes on. It provides the opportunity for my various skill-sets to co-exist, that others may not envision together. Perhaps you’ve also wondered of recent, why you’re not satisfied with your current role? Or you feel the urge to try something new? Or maybe feel stuck at your current job and desire progress? Taking actions to know yourself is important, learn to build awareness concerning how your needs evolve over time. To explore your growth state needs, ask the following questions like I’ve done.
Do you feel disjointed from your job of recent?
Are you leaning toward stability or change/challenge at this point in time?
Have your growth needs tended to shift significantly over time or have they remained constant?
Recall a time when you were satisfied with your career growth. How did your growth needs align with your role?
Think of a time when you were frustrated, overwhelmed or disappointed with your path. What was happening?
Do you lean towards being proactive or relatively passive where career growth is concerned?

(1) (Reply)

Free Useful Tutorial Website / Quickbooks Enterprise Solution 18.0 Training / 50 Blogging Tools To Make Your Blog An Authority In Your Choosen Niche

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.