Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,888 members, 7,824,706 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:51 PM

What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? (1874 Views)

Hp Laptops Are Of Very Poor Quality / New USA Asus X200MA-RCLT07 11.6" Windows 8.1 Touch Screen Laptops Are Available / Discusion; "Laptops Are Better Than Tablets" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by madlady(f): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2010
shocked shocked

I am back again with the same problem that brought me to this site in the 1st place sad

My fairly new TOSHIBA QOSMIO X305-15U keeps crashing, this seems to be a recurring problem with this make.

What's  your opinion on this brand and what would you recommend I buy to replace the thing angry above.
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by deji2009(m): 9:07am On Mar 06, 2010
madlady:

shocked shocked

I am back again with the same problem that brought me to this site in the 1st place sad

My fairly new TOSHIBA QOSMIO X305-15U keeps crashing, this seems to be a recurring problem with this make.

What's  your opinion on this brand and what would you recommend I buy to replace the thing angry above.

Hi,

Thank you for the above enquiry and do appreciate your concerns. is this windows 7, XP or Vista ?
Looking at the toshiba your model was not listed other than X300 not X305 as you mentioned. website http://eu.computers.toshiba-europe.com/innovation/download_drivers_bios.jsp?service=EU&from=download_driver_details&action=search&selCategory=2&selFamily=381&selSeries=231&selProduct=807&selShortMod=null&language=13&selOS=26&selType=all&yearupload=&monthupload=&dayupload=&useDate=null&mode=allMachines&search=&action=search&macId=&country=all&action=search&page=2

Where does it crash ? e.g. internet or when running application software such as microsoft office et cetera.
How old is the machine ? Good luck
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by madlady(f): 10:07am On Mar 06, 2010
^Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

It's windows 7, it's just over 3 months old undecided to be honest it crashes on all the applications you mentioned.

I am using it now at work, and it's just crashed when I tried to open my personal email account.
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by deji2009(m): 4:29pm On Mar 06, 2010
madlady:

^Thank you for getting back to me so quickly.

It's windows 7, it's just over 3 months old undecided to be honest it crashes on all the applications you mentioned.

I am using it now at work, and it's just crashed when I tried to open my personal email account.

what's your security software ? e.g. norton

click start > run>preftech and press enter
and delete everything except readyboot

run> cleanmgr > scoll down and tick everything
except hibernation and follow on screen instructions

cheers
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by madlady(f): 4:36pm On Mar 06, 2010
^^^ WOH, I only came back in to check on this

AVG.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by deji2009(m): 4:41pm On Mar 06, 2010
madlady:

^^^ WOH, I only came back in to check on this

AVG.

THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

Here's your diagnostics http://www.askvg.com/master-tutorial-to-make-your-windows-7-super-fast/
Take your time and follow what it says. Good luck !
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by madlady(f): 4:49pm On Mar 06, 2010
^^^ GREAT, I will follow it slowly when I get home.

A really BIG THANK YOU.
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by 4llerbuntu(m): 3:33pm On Mar 07, 2010
OH NO!!! the dual purpose laptops strike back!! grin grin grin grin grin

hehehehe, mums the word before i get a mug or ashtray thrown my way but ya know if i was a conspiracy theorist id say a laptop is taking revenge on behalf of its badly treated predecessor grin grin grin grin grin
Re: What's your opinion on Toshiba Laptops, are they really the best laptops? by madlady(f): 3:49pm On Mar 07, 2010
^^^Yes O grin grin grin grin
I swear it's not me embarassed embarassed embarassed embarassed it's T0SHIBA.

My other 2 compaq laptops worked for years.

How you stay baby boy, long time. smiley Imagine this is the very same reason I came to NL in the 1st place, to get help from you guys.

(1) (Reply)

Visafone Internet Service In Ado-ekiti? How Fast? / Unable To Play Movies On My Pc. / How Can I Unlock Glo Bolt Modem E303

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.