Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,131 members, 7,818,397 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:24 PM

I Hope You Understand Us - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / I Hope You Understand Us (657 Views)

10 Slangs Only Nigerians Can Understand (hilarious) / Leaf Aeroplane: Say Hi If You Did It, Indomie Generation Won't Understand "Lol" / We WON Again ! Hope You Staked High. ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Hope You Understand Us by ednited(f): 2:57pm On Sep 30, 2017
One nation can't speak about the whole country . . .but I see many people not understanding us (Ethiopians). Let me make it clear. . .

we are not racist

this point is raised many times. . .although I don't know why

we are the original black

many people google if we are mixed or black. We are pure black race. No matter how light skinned we are, we can have long, straight nose. . .but we are still black

We don't use English much

Amharic is our official language. You might watch some Ethiopians finding it hard to communicate with foreigners for this reason

We are rigid in our culture (conservative)

You won't see many Ethiopians marry foreigners (to live in their own culture). NB- We don't think our culture is better than others. . .and not because we are racist

We are reserved when talking, we are not very free to say what we want to

Good discipline is wanted in Ethiopia, so we take care when we do things

We are a bit isolated from the world

we practice our own culture and beleif. Many of it doesn't match with others, so it make us isolated.

But now, things are changing, many Ethiopians are being easy to meet and to talk to. I just hope you understand me with what I have said above. . .
Re: I Hope You Understand Us by Nobody: 3:26pm On Sep 30, 2017
Great topic, but I don't think we are the original black. Yes, Human originated in Ethiopia, but the ancestors of the current day Ethiopians weren't in this place before 12,000-15,000 years ago. The current oldest ppl in the world are the Kosian ppl that inhabitant southern African.

We aren't pure black race, because some of our ancestors had mixed with other ppl. But most of features isn't the result of mixing, but it's a Cushite ppl traits.
Re: I Hope You Understand Us by Nobody: 5:31pm On Sep 30, 2017
Black or no black am still marrying one
Re: I Hope You Understand Us by ednited(f): 11:28am On Oct 02, 2017
Hati13:
Great topic, but I don't think we are the original black. Yes, Human originated in Ethiopia, but the ancestors of the current day Ethiopians weren't in this place before 12,000-15,000 years ago. The current oldest ppl in the world are the Kosian ppl that inhabitant southern African.

We aren't pure black race, because some of our ancestors had mixed with other ppl. But most of features isn't the result of mixing, but it's a Cushite ppl traits.

Yes, but the origin of mankind is Ethiopia. The ones not mixed are original
Re: I Hope You Understand Us by Nobody: 11:43am On Oct 02, 2017
ednited:

Yes, but the origin of mankind is Ethiopia. The ones not mixed are original
How true is this.the origin of mankind
Re: I Hope You Understand Us by ednited(f): 11:53am On Oct 02, 2017
drunkcow:
How true is this.the origin of mankind

very true. Do you know lucy? (austrolopiticus afarnesis). we have atleast two fossils found which have million years of age

(1) (Reply)

They Killed This Snake Today. / Ex-chief Superintendent Of Police Commits Suicide By Shooting Himself Dead / Nigeria Loses N24bn Monthly To Electricity-generator Market, Says Ashipa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.