Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,010 members, 7,817,976 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? (715 Views)

Our Ancestors Never Accepted The "Whiteman's" Religion. Or Did They? / Human Sacrifice In Christianity: A Deeper Take / Three Powerful Atheists Who Converted To Christianity, A Must Read (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 3:24pm On Sep 30, 2017
Is Christianity a religion or a relationship? What is the difference between a religion and a relationship with God?
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by tartar9(m): 4:17pm On Sep 30, 2017
k
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 1:38pm On Oct 03, 2017
tartar9:

k

Only Christians and ardent seekers should comment. Trolls should stay away or just learn from the learned. cool
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by tartar9(m): 1:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
A religion is a relationship with God while a relationship with God is a religion

1 Like

Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by Martinez19(m): 1:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Christians can't listen just as they can't reason. I have said this over and over again but it seems no christian has ears. Christianity is a religion if you say otherwise, then you need a good dictionary to look up the meaning of the word religion. As seen nowadays, It is a religion in which people build a relationship with God by believing in the death and resurrection of the Jewish carpenter.

I won't be surprised if after you read this and still ask, many days later, if christianity is a religion or not. I opened a topic stating why we atheists bother even when we don't believe in God but still christians like butterflylion, who visited that topic, are still asking why do we bother? I hope you don't do the same. Get a good dictionary and look up the meaning of the word religion.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by butterflyl1on: 2:00pm On Oct 03, 2017
Martinez19:
Christians can't listen just as they can't reason. I have said this over and over again but it seems no christian has ears. Christianity is a religion if you say otherwise, then you need a good dictionary to look up the meaning of the word religion. As seen nowadays, It is a religion in which people build a relationship with God by believing in the death and resurrection of the Jewish carpenter.

I won't be surprised if after you read this and still ask, many days later, if christianity is a religion or not. I opened a topic stating why we atheists bother even when we don't believe in God but still christians like butterflylion, who visited that topic, are still asking why do we bother? I hope you don't do the same. Get a good dictionary and look up the meaning of the word religion.

You must not resonate your dumb nature all over the place. Christianity is and has never been a religion. Church goers are religious but Christianity which means "followers of christ" is all about a relationship with God through Christ but not the churchy Christianity you are used to.

Jesus is the focus, Jesus is the life, Jesus is the motivation. Not pastors, not church names or denominations, not titles, but simply Jesus and his grace revealed.

If after saying this you still point me to a dictionary then you must have an echo upstairs.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:03pm On Oct 03, 2017
Martinez19:

What trolls like you don't get is that the writers of your so called "good dictionaries" are not Christians and so can only give you their secular understanding of the word. Sit back and listen to seasoned discerning Christian minds and learn the difference between being right and almost right. cool
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by Martinez19(m): 2:21pm On Oct 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

What trolls like you don't get is that the writers of your so called "good dictionaries" are not Christians and so can only give you their secular understanding of the word. Sit back and listen to seasoned discerning Christian minds and learn the difference between being right and almost right. cool
Are we talking about the meaning of the word or whether christianity is a religion or not? undecided
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by butterflyl1on: 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Martinez19:
Are we talking about the meaning of the word or whether christianity is a religion or not? undecided

The OP is not talking about definition. He is talking about how personal and deep people take Christianity and if at that point of deep devotion to God they can term themselves religious or in a relationship.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 2:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Martinez19:

Both, and since you neither believe in the existence of God nor acknowledge the fact that everyone is born to be religiously inclined, it will be wise for you to step aside and let those who are spiritually discerned concerning these matters to make their comments. smiley
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by Martinez19(m): 2:43pm On Oct 03, 2017
OLAADEGBU:

Both, and since you neither believe in the existence of God nor acknowledge the fact that everyone is born to be religiously inclined, it will be wise for you to step aside and let those who are spiritually discerned concerning these matters to make their comments. smiley
what is the meaning of religion?
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by Nobody: 2:55pm On Oct 03, 2017
Christianity is a SCAM
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by malvisguy212: 6:06pm On Oct 03, 2017
frosbel2:
Christianity is a SCAM
have you been scam by a fake pastor ?
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by Martinez19(m): 6:07pm On Oct 03, 2017
malvisguy212:
have you been scam by a fake pastor ?
you don't need to be scammed by a pastor to know christianity is a scam.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by malvisguy212: 6:15pm On Oct 03, 2017
Martinez19:
you don't need to be scammed by a pastor to know christianity is a scam.
alright.
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:30pm On Oct 04, 2017
butterflyl1on:

You must not resonate your dumb nature all over the place. Christianity is and has never been a religion. Church goers are religious but Christianity which means "followers of christ" is all about a relationship with God through Christ but not the churchy Christianity you are used to.

Jesus is the focus, Jesus is the life, Jesus is the motivation. Not pastors, not church names or denominations, not titles, but simply Jesus and his grace revealed.

If after saying this you still point me to a dictionary then you must have an echo upstairs.

Way to go! cheesy
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
frosbel2:

Christianity is a SCAM

Then you must be a scammerer. shocked
Re: Is Christianity A Religion Or A Relationship? by OLAADEGBU(m): 6:29am On Oct 08, 2017
tartar9:

A religion is a relationship with God while a relationship with God is a religion

Do you have a relationship with God? undecided

(1) (Reply)

Christianity, White Jesus And Mental Colonization / Teacher Raph Stuffs / Man Exposes Kemi Olunloyo's Plan & Why She Joined Pastor Ibiyeome Church (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.