Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,466 members, 7,819,703 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Nigeria At 57 - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Nigeria At 57 (472 Views)

Finecoat Paint Boss, Dr. Aderemi Emmanuel Awode At 57 / Nigeria At 59: Which Day Or Moment Is Unforgettable In The History Of Nigeria? / See How Google Celebrates Nigeria At 57 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria At 57 by EbenMayor(m): 8:29pm On Sep 30, 2017
Nigeria at 57.

We may not have anything tangible to celebrate as a nation at 57. Obviously, we are lagging behind among the comity of nations in terms of development.
Corruption, high rate of unemployment, servitude, secessionist cry, hate speeches, inter tribal conflicts.. have all become synonymous to Nigeria.
But all these re not peculiar to Nigeria even though I agree ours are alarming. National governments & international bodies re becoming handicapped to attend to the ever increasing needs of people.
From the Catalonia referendum for secession in Spain, to the Rohingya massacre in Myanmar, strings of attack and Brexit uncertainties in UK, hurricane Irma in USA, North Korea ( Rocket man) and USA brewing war, the safe havens are becoming unsafe.
Though just like our leaders, I have failed over the years to come up with a definite solution to all our problems but I can tell what the solution is not.
I know ridiculing our country on social media won't solve our problems, calling ourselves names because we re from different tribes won't, pessimism, hate speeches, intolerance, all these will only divide us further. Even having your brother in Aso Rock doesn't guarantee Nigeria being a sought-after country.

Lets always pray for the peace and prosperity of our Jerusalem ( Nigeria). We may be far from the seat of power, but our words of prayers can unseat every leader that flourishes in the penury and underdevelopment of Nigerians.
I believe in the entity called Nigeria
Happy Independence Celebration.

Ariyo, Ebenezer Mayokun

Re: Nigeria At 57 by EbenMayor(m): 5:50am On Oct 01, 2017
cc lalasticlala

(1) (Reply)

Btc Exchanger / 7 Amazing Things You Won’t Believe Actually Exist In Nature / Nigerian Buys G-wagon For South African To Apologise For Impregnating His Wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.