Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,319 members, 7,811,946 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:40 AM

Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses (553 Views)

PHOTOS: Checkout Exquisite Interiors Of Iyabo Ojo's Multi Million Naira Mansion / Say No To Bleached Bodies - Susan Peters Shares Throwback Picture / Photos: Checkout The Different Stunning Aso Ebi Styles Fr Banky & Adesua Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses by Emmalez(m): 7:27pm On Oct 01, 2017
Remember Susan Rosemon newspaper series? see it here https://www.nairaland.com/4060215/selemon-susan-funke-susan-rosemon ... she is back with beautiful dresses from leaves this time.
checkout photos below.
This fashion project was inspired by my beloved Country Nigeria. I decided to come up with a project that will speak about how blessed Nigeria is. This was my way of celebrating Nigeria’s Independence Day. To remind Nigerians how truly blessed we are as a Nation.

The outfits were made out of green and white Leaves. The first green dress was made from the leaves of a pear tree and the second green dress from the leaves of a mango tree. However for the white dress, I had to make the leaves from A4 paper. The reason I used leaves is because of my passion for Art. I love art just as much as I love fashion. This is why my works are a combination of both art and fashion. Working with the weirdest materials is a gift God has blessed me with and I intend to use this gift to the fullest.

The theme colors were meant to replicate the Nigeria Flag “green, white, green”. Our Land is rich, that’s what the green signifies. Rich in so many untapped talent. If only we look inward and tap into this wealth of talent our country has to offer.
The White stands for Purity, Peace, Unity. We are One. As a Nation, we are the only ones that can make our country what we really want it to be. Nigeria can be a country known worldwide for peace. We only have to want it that bad and work towards it.
Let us pave the way for our future generation. Let us make our land good for them to live in. Nigeria is truly blessed. Let us be proud to be Nigerians. My name is Selemon Susan Funke and I am proud to be a Nigerian.
HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY NIGERIA
Check Photos Below:-

source
http://www.reportnaija.com/2017/10/photos-nature-meets-fashion-by-susan.html

cc lalasticlala

Re: Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses by Emmalez(m): 7:29pm On Oct 01, 2017

Re: Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses by akinade28(f): 7:31pm On Oct 01, 2017
Well done dear, creativity on point, i love your patriotism
But what happens to the green dresses after few days when the leaves begins to wither and dry up

1 Like

Re: Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses by iamJ(m): 7:33pm On Oct 01, 2017
When ugu leaf becomes a person

All these confused local people
Re: Photos:checkout Susan Rosemon Independence Day Leaves Inspired Dresses by Homeboiy: 8:05pm On Oct 01, 2017
undecided

(1) (Reply)

Rosaline Meurer Survives Ghastly Accident, Shares Photo Of The Damaged Car,hand / Hollywood Movies Released This Year And More To Come / Chile Deports Mike Tyson

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.