Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,853 members, 7,810,281 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 05:08 AM

PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! (1211 Views)

Solution To Asus X554L Win 10 Hanging While Shutting Down / My Laptop Overheating And Shutting Down By Itself / Laptop Shutting Down When Plugged In (only Fine On Battery) - Fixed (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by SopuruEgbodo(m): 2:48am On Oct 02, 2017
Helllo house,

I am experienceing a problem with my PC and can't seem to figure out the main problem.

The PC fan makes sounds when connected to the internet and shuts down intermittently without notice.

I have updated the BIOS but the problem has persisted.

What actually is wrong with the PC and what is the solution?

Thanks.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by udemzyudex(m): 6:12am On Oct 02, 2017
SopuruEgbodo:
Helllo house,

I am experienceing a problem with my PC and can't seem to figure out the main problem.

The PC fan makes sounds when connected to the internet and shuts down intermittently without notice.

Thanks.

Does this happen only when u connect to internet?
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by horllamy(m): 6:36am On Oct 02, 2017
SopuruEgbodo:
Helllo house,

Thanks.

What error message did u received when u switched it on
Do u observe maybe is getting hot.?
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by SopuruEgbodo(m): 10:06am On Oct 12, 2017
udemzyudex:

Does this happen only when u connect to internet?

Yes.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by SopuruEgbodo(m): 10:07am On Oct 12, 2017
horllamy:

What error message did u received when u switched it on
Do u observe maybe is getting hot.?

I don't get error messages and it doesn't get hot.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by udemzyudex(m): 11:22am On Oct 12, 2017
SopuruEgbodo:

Yes.

It needs troubleshooting to determine exactly where the problem is coming from, take it to an engineer closer to you or if you're in Lagos you can call or WhatsApp 08064724259.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by persius555(m): 12:09pm On Oct 12, 2017
Sorry to break this to you. It seems your motherboard is a goner.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by udemzyudex(m): 12:30pm On Oct 12, 2017
persius555:
Sorry to break this to you. It seems your motherboard is a goner.

I don't think so, since it powers on and display but only turn off when surfing the net.

It needs troubleshooting.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by maxjax(m): 4:02pm On Oct 12, 2017
Your RAM is falling..........is it a desktop or laptop? if its a laptop, hope you aint blocking the air flow towards the fan.

SopuruEgbodo:
Helllo house,

Thanks.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by SopuruEgbodo(m): 7:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
maxjax:
Your RAM is falling..........is it a desktop or laptop? if its a laptop, hope you aint blocking the air flow towards the fan.

It's a laptop.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by maxjax(m): 10:07pm On Oct 12, 2017
SopuruEgbodo:

It's a laptop.
the battery could also be the culprit..... not enough juice to power the system
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by udemzyudex(m): 10:50pm On Oct 12, 2017
Your pc needs servicing that's all.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by networkguru(m): 11:21am On Oct 20, 2017
SopuruEgbodo:
Helllo house,

Thanks.

Are you connecting via LAN or WiFi?
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by SopuruEgbodo(m): 3:04pm On Oct 20, 2017
networkguru:

Are you connecting via LAN or WiFi?

Phone hotspot.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by networkguru(m): 3:42pm On Oct 20, 2017
SopuruEgbodo:

Phone hotspot.

There could be an issue with the WiFi driver or hardware on the motherboard. The laptop shuts down because either the driver or hardware is failing. Try re-installing the driver for the WiFi hardware on your laptop.
Re: PC Shutting Down Intermittently. Please Help! by Henrybliz(m): 11:34pm On Oct 20, 2017
your system is overheating...meet a good enginer its either they change the "fan nd heat zinc" 0r they service it

(1) (Reply)

SOLD / Lenovo Thinkpad X1 Carbon For Quick Sale...*75k *Sold** / Which Are The Good Get-paid-to-read-email Sites?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.