Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,279 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:33 AM

How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? (57849 Views)

Savings In Insurance Bank or Piggybank Which One Is Advicesable? / Piggybank Or Cowrywise / Piggybank.ng, The Nigerian Fintech Startup That Just Raised $1.1million (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by free2ryhme: 7:18am On Nov 04, 2017
Miraculousamuel:
Morning Fellow Nairalanders, Happy Independence Day...
Yea, i was on Instagram last week when I came across this App, PiggyBank. It is an app that helps you save money with them (from your bank account) daily, weekly and on monthly schedules. I really wanna try it, but don't wanna test the depth of a river by dipping legs inside. If there's anyone who had used it, or is still using it, kindly testify.
Thanks!

grin grin grin

Aja n sare owo n jona

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Jfkguitar: 7:20am On Nov 04, 2017
Manson1:
watin do ur bank account?? Nigerians self una too like wahala

I tire oo
My bank never fold yet

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by wisenewgem(m): 7:20am On Nov 04, 2017
Princedan50:
my dear I share same fate with you. Our money is gone like goner. The man has bn secretly freed he's currently out of the country,funny enough nobody is talking about the money again. It's old news we have no other option buh to move on.

OMG!!!
So that's how my hard earned money disappeared?
I'm still looking for a reason why I should be proud to be a Nigerian. Lawless Country
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by donsheddy1(m): 7:23am On Nov 04, 2017
It's safe to use. I am a customer myself.
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by just2endowed: 7:28am On Nov 04, 2017
donsheddy1:
It's safe to use. I am a customer myself.

Do dey give interest on deposits? Which bank is operating the app
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Lexusgs430: 7:34am On Nov 04, 2017
My Wife + Kids are the only suspects....... They love to raid my piggybank.......
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by greggng: 7:35am On Nov 04, 2017
dominique:

But is there a chance that you will wake up one day to see that the app is no longer running and all your savings vanished? Me I cannot take that kind of risk o.

It will certainly happen. All those asking you to save with dogbank sorry piggybank ve they tried to find out were that bank is situated? Are they registered with cac? Who re their directors? If you re looking for another mmm to do better ve a rethink
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Nobody: 7:41am On Nov 04, 2017
greggng:

It will certainly happen. All those asking you to save with dogbank sorry piggybank ve they tried to find out were that bank is situated? Are they registered with cac? Who re their directors? If you re looking for another mmm to do better ve a rethink

just saw this
you can only withdraw four times in a year. withdrawal outside those days attract 5% penalty

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by dozymars(m): 7:42am On Nov 04, 2017
Its a good way to safe your money, you can programme the system to save an amount everyday at a particular time. So with this you are forced to save.

I started using it since May, 2017 and I have saved good amount of money so far. They are regulated.

6 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Donkay82: 7:44am On Nov 04, 2017
wisenewgem:

OMG!!!
So that's how my hard earned money disappeared?
I'm still looking for a reason why I should be proud to be a Nigerian. Lawless Country
why you no carry your money go start something like pure water business,your lazy ass took your money to a wander bank now you blame the country,better keep kwaiet before I sand you there

8 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by whatmoreng: 7:45am On Nov 04, 2017
Their idea is classic. There is no way you won't save. But This is Nigeria. Who can we trust? I don't even trust my bank.

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by dominique(f): 7:57am On Nov 04, 2017
kennygee:

Rotfl.

Pls, whose mum used go behind their backs to break their piggy bank before Christmas?

Lol that's if your mum knows about it. Me and my sister hid our piggy bank (kolo) so far from our mum, she didn't even know we had any savings till we opened it.

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Nobody: 8:00am On Nov 04, 2017
wisenewgem:
Please does anyone have the latest information on EFCC case with Let's partner with you Limited..
My Money is at stake.
my own nA Ksley Mega Vision

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Nobody: 8:02am On Nov 04, 2017
greggng:

forget about that cac registrations. Banks like Ksley Mega Micro Finance Bank in Enugu that is registered with ALL relevant authorities disappear with our money

5 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Lexusgs430: 8:06am On Nov 04, 2017
Too risky....... Sounds like Forum investment, everybody come inside. Papi Luwe and hin gang varnished with investors funds.........

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by khanwale(m): 8:10am On Nov 04, 2017
Why not download and use ALAT, it's designed and structured in Nigeria
Very safe and secure with a 10% interest rate per anum.

6 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by olowobaba10: 8:20am On Nov 04, 2017
THE FUNNY THING IS THAT THEIR OPERATIONAL PHONE NUMBER IS A MOBILE NUMBER.
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by DonPizzaro: 8:26am On Nov 04, 2017
PIGGY WETIN? YOUR MONEY IS GONE FOR LIFE
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Partnerbiz(f): 8:27am On Nov 04, 2017
wisenewgem:
Please does anyone have the latest information on EFCC case with Let's partner with you Limited..
My Money is at stake.

Nnaa shine shine wan kpai us oo
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by gagzee(m): 8:28am On Nov 04, 2017
its save, they partnered with uba bank...and you get interest to for your savings....

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Rainmaker69(m): 8:33am On Nov 04, 2017
Be very careful where you put your money. Confirm that they have a CBN license first. This is because CBN insists on minimum criterias for companies that offer financial services. For eg, the share capital must be enough to cover its debts if any arise and the company must have some form of insurance or risk prevention plan from NDIC or similar organization.
If they crash tomorrow, the banks will deny them. To be forewarned is to be forearmed.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by BrainnewsNg(f): 8:35am On Nov 04, 2017
The claim their transaction is monitored by UBA.

But I can only patronize this kind of service if I open the piggy bank account directly from UBA aside that, my dear anything can happen with financial services controlled by Nigerians

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by maasoap(m): 8:37am On Nov 04, 2017
owomida1:

They actually have a functional website. They have a physical address too. And ur funds are insured by NDIC. It's a nice concept really but when u still remember Nigeria, there's a chance of failure.
Well, if that part is true, your money should be safe.
*Disclaimer �
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by olylove: 9:02am On Nov 04, 2017
Oga if ur confidence in them is shaking better not use them ohhh ...though there are testimonies that it works, we all need things we can trust only if that thing has gain our confidence.... If anyone out there is really doubting them and not sure what to do I will advice u to use ALAT its a wema bank owned mobile bank... U can set goals and begin to deposit with a 10% on increase on ur deposit.... U save nd meet ur goals there are rewards when U meet your goals... download the App ALAT on playstore or on ur applestore... It is owned by WEMABank....please use this code whill registering 4K78FB any questions on how the app works u can chat them up on twitter or chatme up ...See you on the other side 4K78FB IS THE CODE...... 4K78FB loleshe ohhh... visit http://alat.ng to download

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by donsheddy1(m): 9:16am On Nov 04, 2017
just2endowed:

Do dey give interest on deposits? Which bank is operating the app
Yes they give interest and I think it's run by zenith.
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by bigtt76(f): 9:32am On Nov 04, 2017
They claim fund is warehouse with UBA but what connections UBA has with the app owners is still not clear. I know for sure all your funds are pooled together and invested in Treasury bills and the likes which is why they can give that interest rate on deposits and why you can't withdraw more than 4 times a year. Let's shine our eyes on! Let piggybank be what it is..... For storing your loose cash.

10 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by publicspeaker: 9:37am On Nov 04, 2017
I have been using the app for over 4 months now, have had a discrepancy once that was corrected in less than 10mins, quite impressive i must say. I can't say 100% about the security of funds, but i know the transactions are effected by Paystack Inc which gives me some rest when it comes to my card security, secondly i have seen something about UBA running oversight functions, this doesn't make much sense as UBA to the best of my knowledge has never promoted the brand. All i'm saying is that, it looks decent enough, secure to an extent, helps me save effortlessly, i love it and won't stop using it. If you are too scared, run a cycle, push the money out to a saving account and continue. I LOVE THE APP

8 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by buffalowings: 9:53am On Nov 04, 2017
Una Don start again abi
Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by Unionised(m): 9:57am On Nov 04, 2017
Miraculousamuel:
Morning Fellow Nairalanders, Happy Independence Day...
Yea, i was on Instagram last week when I came across this App, PiggyBank. It is an app that helps you save money with them (from your bank account) daily, weekly and on monthly schedules. I really wanna try it, but don't wanna test the depth of a river by dipping legs inside. If there's anyone who had used it, or is still using it, kindly testify.
Thanks!

You better save your money in a bitcoin wallet.

Thank me later.

You grandchildren will pray for you.

The future is here...

2 Likes

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by martineverest(m): 10:13am On Nov 04, 2017
Like the one found at Osborne towers

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by wisenewgem(m): 11:31am On Nov 04, 2017
Donkay82:
why you no carry your money go start something like pure water business,your lazy ass took your money to a wander bank now you blame the country,better keep kwaiet before I sand you there
You are lucky I'm in a good mood. I will ignore you

1 Like

Re: How Safe Are Your Funds With Piggybank? by just2endowed: 11:53am On Nov 04, 2017
donsheddy1:
Yes they give interest and I think it's run by zenith.

You think.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

CBN's New Policy On Cash Deposits: Nigerians React / FG Calls For Arrest Of Innocent Chukwuma, Innoson Motor Boss, Two Others / Dangote - My Refinery Is 8 Times The Size Of Victoria Island

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.