Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,093 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:39 AM

A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong (451 Views)

Covid19: I Saw and stared at The Spirit Of Death Eyeball To Eyeball / I Saw A Warm Moving Around In My Eyeball, Is This Normal? (photo) / Tattoo Removal By Laser: Before And After Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by toniaprince: 6:09pm On Oct 02, 2017
A model from Ottawa, Canada, whose artist ex-boyfriend attempted to tattoo her eyeball with purple ink could have permanent vision loss.

According to the model Gallinger the ex-boyfriend bungled the procedure by using a needle that was too big, sticking it in too deeply and using “pure ink” instead of ink diluted with saline.

She said they had been only together for a month but have known each other for years and thought she could trust him with the procedure because he had a portfolio but she was wrong.

According to her she went to hospital immediately because she experienced pain and swelling, but that doctors sent her home because they weren’t sure something was wrong.

She went to a second doctor when she was still experiencing symptoms weeks later. The medical professional was apparently horrified.

She said she is scheduled for surgery next week as she is still experiencing pain and blurry vision.

However the ex-boyfriend has defended the procedure and blamed her for not taking care of her eyes after the procedure and for not using eye drops as he had recommended.

After the photo of model eye went viral, popular science published a primer on how scleral tattoos; that is tattoo on the white part of the eye works.

But experts say the procedure is dangerous in general that what happened to Gallinger is an extreme version of possible risks.

A safer option is a surgical corneal tattoo performed by a qualified ophthalmic surgeon, according to PopSci. Corneal tattoos are typically performed as a type of reconstructive cosmetic surgery, or to improve eyesight.

She said that the aftermath of the tattoo is also taking a toll on her mental health.

“At this point, every day is different,” she said. “Some days I feel a bit better, other days I kind of want to give up.”

http://wendyprinceblog.com/2017/10/01/a-models-eyeball…o-goes-all-wrong/

Re: A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by whitebeard(m): 6:10pm On Oct 02, 2017
That does not look good.
Re: A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by uzoormah(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
Sensless peepu
Re: A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by vault(m): 6:13pm On Oct 02, 2017
she thought the situation is making her mentally unstable........ while I think the insanity started when she decided to get an eye tatoo..... oponu

1 Like

Re: A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by Youngmum1(f): 6:14pm On Oct 02, 2017
Why in the world will you want to tatoo your eyeballs? .
Now I've seen it all. undecided
Re: A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by Nobody: 6:24pm On Oct 02, 2017
Can you blame her?

After seein' the likes of Bobrisky what more do you need your eyes for?
Re: A Model`s Eyeball Tattoo Goes All Wrong by phintohlar(f): 6:25pm On Oct 02, 2017
After she piece nose that one no do her,na eye remain

(1) (Reply)

Help! I Have Severe Itchings / I Need You Urgent Advice. Please! / What You Don't Know About Your Heart

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.