Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,154 members, 7,845,806 topics. Date: Friday, 31 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us - Phones (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us (27423 Views)

Tecno Spark 9T Unboxing And Review. The Best N70,000 Smartphone. Don’t ARGUE / Android Phones You Can Buy For N13,000 And Below / Check Out Google's Freetel Ice 2 That Cost Just N13,000 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by burkingx(f): 11:21am On Oct 03, 2017
Google promised us ?

PLEASE WHO IS " US " ? grin grin grin
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by goingape3: 11:25am On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:
Remember the Ice 2? Well, I got a unit of the device some days back and my weekend was spent reviewing the device.

In the video, I did mention that there is currently no device with the specification sported on the Ice 2 and at that price point (If there is, let me know in the comment box), as a result of the price tag, you won’t get any bell or whistle.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nsudje0iNLk

By the way, this phone is manufactured by Plus One Japan Limited under the brand name Freetel.

cc @lalasticlala
what kind of rubbish phone is this!

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by fabulouskeem(m): 11:29am On Oct 03, 2017
Nice review keep it up..

meanwhile Bang & Olufsen wireless headphone for sale....20hrs of none stop juice

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by Flawlessangel(m): 11:32am On Oct 03, 2017
AnthonyAk:
Lol 2MP camera and 0.3MP? Seriously? My current phone is 48MP and I got it for free

What phone is that if I may ask
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by WeNoGoDie(m): 11:36am On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:

Thank you so much. This means a lot to me.

That your lol "twin" act. I think acting might be good for you if I'm correct. You should develop that untapped part of you.
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by AnthonyAk(m): 11:37am On Oct 03, 2017
Generalyemi:

which phone is that

Correction its 28MP Sony Experian xa1 ultra
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by ddjay: 11:42am On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:
As far as the accessories are concerned, you only have your MicroUSB cable and Power Adapter.

Powering on the device takes about 28 seconds— it overtook the Infinix Zero 4 Plus to claim the third spot. (Images on MissTechy .com)

BUILD

The Ice 2 has an all plastic build and the back cover is removable, same as the battery. Therein lies the dual SIM card slot and a slot to put your MicroSD card. And trust me, you are going to need to need one because the Ice 2 has 8GB of Internal storage on paper and only 4.38GB available to use.

The Ice 2 is also light, coming in at 117g.

DISPLAY

As for the display, this is 4-inches, with a screen resolution of 480 x 800. As expected the colors are nowhere near great— they even appear washed out— but it gets the job done.

Sunlight visibility is okay provided you increase the brightness slider to the maximum.

SOFTWARE AND PERFORMANCE

The Freetel Ice 2 comes with an Android 7.0 out of the box, and thanks to the partnership with Google, you get a stock Android experience. However, it does come with a couple of bloatware — like TD Africa, MyMtn, and MTN Music— all of which can be uninstalled. Performance-wise, you get 1GB of ram and a processor that is clocked at 1.2GHz. As expected, the experience while using the device isn’t fast or smooth.

But it does the basic stuff like browsing the web, checking WhatsApp, and even playing a game or two (This would only work if you play one game at a time i.e. No other app must be in the app drawer when playing).

CAMERA

The Ice 2 comes with a 2MP back-facing camera and a 0.3 front-facing camera. So, if you were expecting “on-fleek” photos, you need this:

Of course, I took some pictures using the back camera.

As for the front camera, all I can say is this, do not use the front camera without enough light (Preferably daylight) so as to avoid your photos looking like this:

Another indoor shot with good lights:

BATTERY

The 1900mAh battery on the Ice 2 won’t last you up to 2 days of light use, but it can be used all through the day before charging.

Speaking of charging, it took about 2hours 50 minutes to charge the Ice 2 from 1% to 100%.

AUDIO:

You won’t get amazing sound from the speaker which has been placed at the back of the device. But you have the earphone jack.

BENCHMARK:

For those who are interested in benchmarks, it will interest you to note that the Ice 2 is better than the Hot 3 in this regard:

Surprised?

SENSORS

You only get the accelerometer and proximity sensors — nothing else.

CONCLUSION:

This Ice 2 doesn’t have the best qualities, or the best display, or the best anything for that matter, but it does the basic stuff and for a N13,000, it is not a bad bargain.

As always, let me know what you think?

Psst: Just to look for a bit of trouble, would you like if I gave this away or the Hot 5? Also, what do you think of Thorpe — one of my quadruplets— in the video?

D tin is, jumia and her sista konga will sell it 4 almost 20k or even more sef. Oda shops will do same
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MaestroID(m): 11:53am On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:
As far as the accessories are concerned, you only have your MicroUSB cable and Power Adapter.

Powering on the device takes about 28 seconds— it overtook the Infinix Zero 4 Plus to claim the third spot. (Images on MissTechy .com)

BUILD

The Ice 2 has an all plastic build and the back cover is removable, same as the battery. Therein lies the dual SIM card slot and a slot to put your MicroSD card. And trust me, you are going to need to need one because the Ice 2 has 8GB of Internal storage on paper and only 4.38GB available to use.

DISPLAY

As for the display, this is 4-inches, with a screen resolution of 480 x 800. As expected the colors are nowhere near great— they even appear washed out— but it gets the job done.

Sunlight visibility is okay provided you increase the brightness slider to the maximum.

SOFTWARE AND PERFORMANCE

The Freetel Ice 2 comes with an Android 7.0 out of the box, and thanks to the partnership with Google, you get a stock Android experience. However, it does come with a couple of bloatware — like TD Africa, MyMtn, and MTN Music— all of which can be uninstalled. Performance-wise, you get 1GB of ram and a processor that is clocked at 1.2GHz. As expected, the experience while using the device isn’t fast or smooth.

But it does the basic stuff like browsing the web, checking WhatsApp, and even playing a game or two (This would only work if you play one game at a time i.e. No other app must be in the app drawer when playing).

CAMERA

The Ice 2 comes with a 2MP back-facing camera and a 0.3 front-facing camera. So, if you were expecting “on-fleek” photos, you need this:

As for the front camera, all I can say is this, do not use the front camera without enough light (Preferably daylight) so as to avoid your photos looking like this:

BATTERY

The 1900mAh battery on the Ice 2 won’t last you up to 2 days of light use, but it can be used all through the day before charging.

Speaking of charging, it took about 2hours 50 minutes to charge the Ice 2 from 1% to 100%.

AUDIO:

You won’t get amazing sound from the speaker which has been placed at the back of the device. But you have the earphone jack.

BENCHMARK:

For those who are interested in benchmarks, it will interest you to note that the Ice 2 is better than the Hot 3 in this regard:

Surprised?

SENSORS

CONCLUSION:

This Ice 2 doesn’t have the best qualities, or the best display, or the best anything for that matter, but it does the basic stuff and for a N13,000, it is not a bad bargain.

Psst: Just to look for a bit of trouble, would you like if I gave this away or the Hot 5? Also, what do you think of Thorpe — one of my quadruplets— in the video?

Is it out in stores...
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by lekjons(m): 11:56am On Oct 03, 2017
My 10 year old sis should like it undecided
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by chubysoft1(m): 12:04pm On Oct 03, 2017
Was I the only one that noticed? The lady in the video is not really marketing the phone rather she's criticizing(despising correctly) it.

1 Like

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by balogun16(m): 12:20pm On Oct 03, 2017
yeye phone. you are a evil girl for trying to force this rubbish on us. I will sue you to court that I promise you
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by Nobody: 12:25pm On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:

BUILD

DISPLAY

SOFTWARE AND PERFORMANCE

CAMERA

BATTERY

AUDIO:

BENCHMARK:

Surprised?

SENSORS

CONCLUSION:

Even my lenovo k5 note with 3500mah last just about 5 hours on steady internet surf, how can a phone with 1900mah "last through a day"?
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by joystickextendr: 12:27pm On Oct 03, 2017
Nice
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by vivalavida(m): 12:36pm On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy, where can I buy this phone now.

It will be OK for my mum. All of a sudden she wants an Android phone and I don't want her having a phone that will be too complex for her to use

2 Likes

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by directonpc(m): 12:39pm On Oct 03, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Is the phone in our common retail outlets like slot and others?
You can order for it online via: Nigerian number 1 online retailer
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by Flaghouse1: 12:41pm On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:

BUILD

DISPLAY

SOFTWARE AND PERFORMANCE

CAMERA

BATTERY

AUDIO:

BENCHMARK:

Surprised?

SENSORS

CONCLUSION:

Very balanced review in my own opinion

1 Like

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by PureMe01: 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
phone with specs dat beats most tecno overhyped devices ranging 30k and above
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by Sambisaforest(m): 12:44pm On Oct 03, 2017
goingape3:
what kind of rubbish phone is this!
receive allah
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by directonpc(m): 12:49pm On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:

Thank you so much. This means a lot to me.
nice video o! I love the one eternity later part :p
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by goingape3: 12:51pm On Oct 03, 2017
Sambisaforest:
receive allah
I don't receive what make people to do bombing
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by Satansadvocate(m): 1:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:

BUILD

DISPLAY

SOFTWARE AND PERFORMANCE

CAMERA

BATTERY

AUDIO:

BENCHMARK:

Surprised?

SENSORS

CONCLUSION:

misstechy abeg no vex. I no get phone,mine was stolen on independent day and i dont have cash for now. Consider me. Even nokia torch no bad. Atall atall na him bad pass. Please. I no dey greedy
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by GOFON(m): 2:58pm On Oct 03, 2017
@Miss Techy,
Good presentation! Nice. Thanks.
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by deji47: 3:09pm On Oct 03, 2017
@ MissTechy you did not mention if any of the sim slot is tied to MTN or not
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:32pm On Oct 03, 2017
Pidginwhisper:
Come MissTechy shey na rat chop your tomb for the last pix ni or n you take teeth chop am grin grin

I had an injury on that finger. Thank you.
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:33pm On Oct 03, 2017
tensazangetsu20:
You make so much quality videos. Keep it up.

Thank you so much. I wish nairaland had a love icon. Thank you.
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
Integrityfarms:
Is the phone in our common retail outlets like slot and others?

I am not sure about that. But they partnered with TD africa, the guys behind Yudala, so Yudala should have it in their offline stores
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:34pm On Oct 03, 2017
hanassholesolo:
That video was really captivAting. shocked shocked shocked shocked

Thank you kiss
SalamRushdie:
Where did you buy it from?

I got a review unit from Google

1 Like

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by Pidginwhisper: 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
MissTechy:

I had an injury on that finger. Thank you.
Eeyah, sorry!! embarassed embarassed
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:35pm On Oct 03, 2017
hanassholesolo:

What's the name of the game you were playing in that video?

Unkilled

1 Like

Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
WeNoGoDie:

That your lol "twin" act. I think acting might be good for you if I'm correct. You should develop that untapped part of you.

Lol, do you know how many times I took that scene? I can't act naturally to save my life
Re: Freetel Ice 2 Written Review: Meet the N13,000 Smartphone Google Promised Us by MissTechy(f): 3:37pm On Oct 03, 2017
ddjay:

D tin is, jumia and her sista konga will sell it 4 almost 20k or even more sef. Oda shops will do same

Freetel partnered with Yudala so it should be accurate there.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

MTN 4GB For N1200 - Valid For One Month / Innjoo Fire Guide & Development Thread!!! / High Cost Of Phones In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.