Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,420 members, 7,815,950 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. (1787 Views)

Enugu Residents React To Ban On Tinted Glasses By State Government / How Has The Ban On Tinted Glasses Affected You? / DNA Identification On Vehicle BBN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by babaebenezer: 1:19pm On Oct 04, 2017
Hello clearing agents in the house, I've been making some consultations about purchasing a 2014 or 2016 Toyota Landcruiser and cotonou was one of the areas I'm currently looking at to make the purchase but I learnt there is a ban on it.

I've contacted some agents on and off Nairaland and some of them are claiming that they can import vehicles through land borders with duty papers from tincan. I want to know how true is this, can tincan duty papers can actually be gotten through tincan for cotonou vehicles. If papers can be gotten through tincan, which shipping manifest or bill of lading will the agents use because I learnt from some other agents that it might not have a shipping manifest and some other documents to indicate it came in through the port. I also learnt that there's what they call an inspection act and duty certificate, will they come with my SUV if I'm going to have port papers for it.

I also learnt that my SUV will need to be brought in through idiroko, how are they going to take it across the border without smuggling across or am I permitted to first pack it inside the Customs office at the border, then I move it legally after I've the papers with me. Can I also travel with it to Abuja without plate numbers.

How do I protect my vehicle from customs if the discover that my SUV was bought through Cotonou and is there any particular directive from Nigerian Customs or The Federal government that indicates that we can now do duty through tincan.

Please agents in the house, kindly help me shed more light on this.

How do you process the papers and will I have the proper and legit papers after the process

How will my SUV come across the border after purchase

Can I come to tincan myself to supervise the processing of my papers??

Please kindly shed more light on this, thanks.

Tadeus
Oviecardealer
Hassrash
Kudzyautos
Ykmotors
Saintjoel
Ademlabi
Mrbanji
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by princetom1(m): 5:21pm On Oct 04, 2017
No sir, u can see all the people u mentioned can't come out and make such claim. Pls, play safe
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by saintjoel(m): 7:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
princetom1:
No sir, u can't see all the people u mentioned can't come out and make such claim. Pls, play safe

Replying him was by choice,not because it's necessary and I'll also insist that he removes my name from the list. My agency which is jelad ventures doesn't handle vehicle importation through land borders again and it has been like that since January when the ban was announced,we only do general cargo there right now.

Others may have their means of processing the duty papers but I'm certain my agency doesn't have one right now,that's why we've moved back to the ports and we've been explicit about it. The only time we worked was when ILORIN border worked and right now we still have two documents and a car stuck at SEME border since January.

1 Like

Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by Ladipodeal: 8:13pm On Oct 04, 2017
@ better don't risk your hard earned money importing via land border .
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by princetom1(m): 8:24pm On Oct 04, 2017
saintjoel:

Replying him was by choice,not because it's necessary and I'll also insist that he removes my name from the list. My agency which is jelad ventures doesn't handle vehicle importation through land borders again and it has been like that since January when the ban was announced,we only do general cargo there right now.

Others may have their means of processing the duty papers but I'm certain my agency doesn't have one right now,that's why we've moved back to the ports and we've been explicit about it. The only time we worked was when ILORIN border worked and right now we still have two documents and a car stuck at SEME border since January.

Don't quote me wrongly sir. Am only saying, the ban still exist, some plays with fire, doing it one way or the oda bt me and u know its illegal, if the OP likes himself, he should wash off his hand. Wen i said, no one he mentioned showed up, i was inferring that, no one can come out and say... It's still legal
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by saintjoel(m): 8:41pm On Oct 04, 2017
princetom1:

Don't quote me wrongly sir. Am only saying, the ban still exist, some plays with fire, doing it one way or the oda bt me and u know its illegal, if the OP likes himself, he should wash off his hand. Wen i said, no one he mentioned showed up, i was inferring that, no one can come out and say... It's still legal

I perfectly understand you bro and no offence taken.
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by babaebenezer: 10:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
Ladipodeal:
@ better don't risk your hard earned money importing via land border .

So it means that most of all this Cotonou agents have been scamming people with the aid of Nairaland and nobody cared to bat an eyelid. Thank God that I decided to ask questions, more than nineteen million Naira would've gone down the drain because someone somewhere wanted to make money out of me.
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by saintjoel(m): 6:59am On Oct 05, 2017
babaebenezer:

So it means that most of all this Cotonou agents have been scamming people with the aid of Nairaland and nobody cared to bat an eyelid. Thank God that I decided to ask questions, more than nineteen million Naira would've gone down the drain because someone somewhere wanted to make money out of me.

Some but not Jelad ventures, kindly remove me from the list sir, thanks.
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by kinguwem: 5:10pm On Oct 05, 2017
Importation of cars through the land border had been banned. Any car brought in through the land borders is a smuggled car.
Finally, any dealer who insists on bringing your car from Cotonou may be dealing on stolen vehicles.
Bewarned!

1 Like

Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by erico2k2(m): 5:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
babaebenezer:

Not most, ALL OF THEM
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by saintjoel(m): 7:33pm On Oct 05, 2017
erico2k2:

Not most, ALL OF THEM

Oga, I hope I'm not included in your list ?
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by erico2k2(m): 7:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
saintjoel:

Oga, I hope I'm not included in your list ?
You? nah, even though we use to fight on here but I do know a bad egg when I see one, you my friend is not one of them at least you did the sensible thing to withdraw Biz and back to sea port.
Re: Has FG Lifted Ban On Vehicle Importation Through Land Borders,agents Pls Help. by saintjoel(m): 8:40pm On Oct 05, 2017
erico2k2:

You? nah, even though we use to fight on here but I do know a bad egg when I see one, you my friend is not one of them at least you did the sensible thing to withdraw Biz and back to sea port.

Nice one Baba, maximum respect....

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Innoson Vehicles Releases Luxury Ivm G80 And G40 Suv / Miracle As Man Survives An Accident In Anambra State (photos) / How Much Can You Buy This Beautiful Lexus rx 350

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.