Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,547 members, 7,812,730 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 06:13 PM

Similarity Between Bini And Igbo - Culture (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Similarity Between Bini And Igbo (24127 Views)

"Ooni Of Ife Is Oba Of Benin's Son,Not In The Same Class"-Bini Palace To Alake / Similarity In Some Nigerian Languages / Voice-recording Of People Speaking Igbo And Bini in 1911 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by AndreUweh(m): 1:49pm On Nov 10, 2010
chyz:

Eze Chima was not Bini. Hence, "Eze"=King, "Chima"= "God Knows". There is no Bini name that is Chima or Eze. It was proven that Eze Chima was Aro man who was a big trader in that area along the River Niger. I'm even starting question the name because I don't think Igbos were christians at his time so names like Chi-,Chukwu- were not used as such. Names like Taagbo and Dikeanyi and other strong names were used. It would have made more sense to me if his name was "Ndichima"= "The gods know". Just my thoughts.
Ndigbo might not have been Christians then but that does not translate that the do not worship God. Actually they did worship God but not through Jesus Christ. Because of their belief in God, they had names like Nwachukwu, Ekeh, Nwa-Obasi, Nwaoliseh etc. Even a name of an Igbo group was called Arochukwu and in my village, one kindred is called Umuchukwu.
The british made a similar mistake upon arrival in Igboland but Mr brown learnt better in Things Fall Apart chapter twenty-one. Here the missionaries attempted to refute what they considered idolatory with simplistic argument that the animist gods are only wooden idols, however, the villagers were perfectly aware that the idol is not the god in a literal sense, any more than the sculpture of Christ on the cross in a christian church is God.
Hence the name Chima, Chime could have been possible.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Obiagu1(m): 2:50pm On Nov 10, 2010
@ chyz1

Sometimes one does not need any translator to understand other dialects perfectly. The words sometimes sound the same when spoken though may be different when spelt. In my town, they say "Ahinze" instead of "Arinze", so when someone says "ahinze chukwu", you'll actually think he said "arinze chukwu" with the meanings unchanged.

@omonuan,

mgba means woman in other Igboland but it's rarely used this days.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 3:34pm On Nov 10, 2010
Obiagu1:

@ chyz1

Sometimes one does not need any translator to understand other dialects perfectly. The words sometimes sound the same when spoken though may be different when spelt. In my town, they say "Ahinze" instead of "Arinze", so when someone says "ahinze chukwu", you'll actually think he said "arinze chukwu" with the meanings unchanged.

@omonuan,

mgba means woman in other Igboland but it's rarely used this days.

I agree. My argument was that Ukwuani Igbo is really different from the likes of Asaba or Igbuzo so every single word like claimed by omonuan will not be understood because some are completely alien to the other groups vocab plus tone is also a major factor.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 3:48pm On Nov 10, 2010
Asaba Igbo:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5f7OYrertM&feature=related[/flash]

Ukwuani Igbo:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_2NZC-u08[/flash]

Way different from each other and understanding each other word for word in their on dialects highly unlikely!
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 12:11am On Nov 11, 2010
Chyz1 again you've spoken about Ukwuani and other Anioma dialects as if Ukwani is alien dialect to Ika & and Enuani- It is not.  I have told you previously that I am Enuani.  Contrary to your assertions, Ika, Ukwuani and Enuani are mutually intelligible to each other.  You do not need interpreter for any!

And for your information, all are similar but Enuani and Ukwuani are much more similar.  No interpretation, nada, zilch!  Infact, for Anioma people Ukwuani is where Anioma music emanates from.  Check out Isioma, Ali Chukwuma(yes Good ole Ali was Ukwuani), Late Charles Iwegbue, Ubulu international etc thrill Anioma people from Agbor to Asaba, Issele-uku to Ubulu-ukwu down to Ogwashi-uku to Igbuzo.  All Anioma people do not strain at all to understand what is said in Ukwuani.  If you do not speak any of the dialects, you may think like you do but take it from me.  I know first hand that all Anioma Dialects are similar.  Enough said! Do not belabor this issue because it is nothing but a truism that all Anioma dialects are alike!

In fact, anecdoctal evidence suggests that the famous Igbo slave Olauda Equiano was from Ashaka- the present day Ukwuani enclave and he was proud to be Igbo according to his own narratives.

You are also dead wrong that the video you posted is Asaba(Enuani) . What you posted is what we call "Igbo ngala" in Anioma.  An Asaba person would spit venom if you tell him he spoke like the video.  Now I know that you do not know what you are talking about. I rest my case please spare me! No wonder! You've been comparing apple and oranges. The second video is Ukwuani and I understand it word for word although the sound quality leaves much to be desired.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 1:42am On Nov 11, 2010
omonuan:

Chyz1 again you've spoken about Ukwuani and other Anioma dialects as if Ukwani is alien dialect to Ika & and Enuani- It is not.  I have told you previously that I am Enuani.  Contrary to your assertions, Ika, Ukwuani and Enuani are mutually intelligible to each other.  You do not need interpreter for any!

And for your information, all are similar but Enuani and Ukwuani are much more similar.  No interpretation, nada, zilch!  Infact, for Anioma people Ukwuani is where Anioma music emanates from.  Check out Isioma, Ali Chukwuma(yes Good ole Ali was Ukwuani), Late Charles Iwegbue, Ubulu international etc thrill Anioma people from Agbor to Asaba, Issele-uku to Ubulu-ukwu down to Ogwashi-uku to Igbuzo.  All Anioma people do not strain at all to understand what is said in Ukwuani.  If you do not speak any of the dialects, you may think like you do but take it from me.  I know first hand that all Anioma Dialects are similar.  Enough said! Do not belabor this issue because it is nothing but a truism that all Anioma dialects are alike!

In fact, anecdoctal evidence suggests that the famous Igbo slave Olauda Equiano was from Ashaka- the present day Ukwuani enclave and he was proud to be Igbo according to his own narratives.

You are also dead wrong that the video you posted is Asaba(Enuani) . What you posted is what we call "Igbo ngala" in Anioma.  An Asaba person would spit venom if you tell him he spoke like the video.  Now I know that you do not know what you are talking about. I rest my case please spare me! No wonder! You've been comparing apple and oranges. The second video is Ukwuani and I understand it word for word although the sound quality leaves much to be desired.

Ali Chukwuma( One of my favorites), moved to Anambra i believe while he was still at a young age. He speaks like Igbos from Anambra. I am from delta state, the part we are talking about so you can't tell me I don't know about MY people. I never said they weren't similar but for you to come here and spread nonsense that they can understand each other word for word is BS, and you are dreaming. What Area is "Igbo ngala" from smart man? "sound quality leaves much to be desired"LOL. Where in Enuani are you from?

Ali Chukwuma:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jx5OafaCGI8[/flash]
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 3:47pm On Nov 11, 2010
Chyz1,

I thought about ignoring you  at first.  However, a final response is apt from me cos I see that we are entering a slippery slope here.  You are like a typical Nigerian.  If you lose an argument on logic you launch an adhominem balderdash.  Check me out in this forum and any other fora, I do not insult or engage in name calling.  If someone stoops into a gutter, I usually leave him/her there and move on. 

This started as an intellectual exercise of "similarity between Bini and Igbo."  I gave many examples and you came up with a litany of excuses why you thought that my examples are limited to border towns.  I gave you instances that indicate wide spread use of Bini/Igbo words in the whole of Anioma.  You then surreptitiously introduced the argument that Ukwuani is a bit similar but largely distinct from the other Anioma dialects and I disagreed.

Every discerning Anioma man would have known what Utomi means.  By your own  admission, you did not.  Anioma person would know that the video you posted as an example of what you called Asaba dialect is nothing but gibberish compared to Enuani.  Furthermore, an Anioma person would understand what the term "Igbo Ngala" stands for.  These are the facts that lead me to conclude that you may be from Delta State but you are not from Anioma. Although this is not by any means dispotive.

I do not have to tell you what part of Enuani I am from.  It is irrelevant besides, I have already given you the hint previously.  I am not going to continue this exchange with you unless you veer away from your current path and engage in civil discussions. Thank you very much! Let civility be your watch word. it goes a long way!
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 4:00pm On Nov 11, 2010
omonuan:

Chyz1,

I thought about ignoring you  at first.  However, a final response is apt from me cos I see that we are entering a slippery slope here.  You are like a typical Nigerian.  If you lose an argument on logic you launch an adhominem balderdash.  Check me out in this forum and any other fora, I do not insult or engage in name calling.  If someone stoops into a gutter, I usually leave him/her there and move on. 

This started as an intellectual exercise of "similarity between Bini and Igbo."  I gave many examples and you came up with a litany of excuses why you thought that my examples are limited to border towns.  I gave you instances that indicate wide spread use of Bini/Igbo words in the whole of Anioma.  You then surreptitiously introduced the argument that Ukwuani is a bit similar but largely distinct from the other Anioma dialects and I disagreed.

Every discerning Anioma man would have known what Utomi means.  By your own  admission, you did not.  Anioma person would know that the video you posted as an example of what you called Asaba dialect is nothing but gibberish compared to Enuani.  Furthermore, an Anioma person would understand what the term "Igbo Ngala" stands for.  These are the facts that lead me to conclude that you may be from Delta State but you are not from Anioma. Although this is not by any means dispotive! 

I do not have to tell you what part of Enuani I am from.  It is irrelevant besides, I have already given you the hint previously.  I am not going to continue this exchange with you unless you veer away from your current path and engage in civil discussions. Thank you very much!

You still didn't answer my questions. And it seems as if you are taking things too personal. This whole "argument" has brung out history that others may not have know. I may be from delta state but I am not from Anioma so that so i guess i'm Urhobo. Anyways still waiting for your answers.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 4:02pm On Nov 11, 2010
Back to similarities:

Ededemede-Bini  Ededeliede sometimes Adedeliede-Anioma meaning long long time ago!
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 4:13pm On Nov 11, 2010
Chyz1, I could tell that you are not Anioma and if I were a betting man I would have bet that you were Urhobo b/4 you disclose the fact.  Even the Urhobo have dialectical differences too , Okpe and Owian(Spelling?) are different.  In fact, I consider Isoko and Urhobo to be the same.  I don't know the questions you want me to answer.  If it is civil I will try to answer it.  The essence of this thread is to learn from each other but we can't do so if we are agitated.

I am also aware that Urhobo and Igbo share some words like "biko" and many other words but that's for another thread! We are all the same you know.  We all belong to the same tribe "human race." In fact, I was born in Sapele.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 4:18pm On Nov 11, 2010
omonuan:

Chyz1, I could tell that you are not Anioma and if I were a betting man I would have bet that you were Urhobo b/4 you disclose the fact.  Even the Urhobo have dialectical differences too , Okpe and Owian(Spelling?) are different.  In fact, I consider Isoko and Urhobo to be the same.  I don't know the questions you want me to answer.  If it is civil I will try to answer it.  The essence of this thread is to learn from each other but we can't do so if we are agitated.

I also am aware that Urhobo and Igbo share some words like "biko" and manu other words but that's for another thread!

I'm a mix of Delta and Imo,pure Igbo. Yea they do.Urhobo/Isoko are one I read they use to be underone name until they had a disagreement. The first video I posted where is it from?
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 4:21pm On Nov 11, 2010
The video is from Imo/Abia Axis! and Igbo Ngala is used by Anioma people to distinguish themselves from the deep deep Igbo that you posted!
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 4:28pm On Nov 11, 2010
omonuan:

The video is from Imo/Abia Axis! and Igbo Ngala is used by Anioma people to distinguish themselves from the deep deep Igbo that you posted!

omonuan bro, this is not Imo/Abia music man, if you said Delta/Imo area it would be better. Even the type of flute that is used gives that away. The flute that they use is used by people from that Asaba.

Do you call this Igbo "Ngala" too?:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XxIVstn_tS4&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 5:31pm On Nov 11, 2010
This video is from Ogbogu Okonji and he is actually singing in Enuani dialect.  Ogbogu is from Igbuzo and has performed for me twice.  He is perhaps the king of Enuani music in my opinion.  What he is saying is totally different from what you posted previously.  This is Enuani dialect as I know It.  That the first video used the Enuani flute we call "Akpele" does not make it Enuani. The "akpele" was borrowed from Anioma.

Please brother seek another opinion.  The first video is not Enuani.  I can tell the difference believe me.  I understand the Igbo spoken in the first video though but it is not Enuani.  it is what I told you b/4 from Imo/Abia axis not even Anambra.  Late Osita Osadebe sang in a variant of Enuani because Enuani is also spoken in lower Anambra i.e. Ogbaru and Onitsha (natives).

I can tell most Igbo dialects from just listening: from Ogba, Ahoada, Ikwerre, Etche in Rivers to Abariba/Ohafia in Abia to Owerri/Oru in Imo state.  The degree of dificulty in understanding varies unless central Igbo is used.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 5:48pm On Nov 11, 2010
omonuan:

This video is from Ogbogu Okonji and he is actually singing in Enuani dialect.  Ogbogu is from Igbuzo and has performed for me twice.  He is perhaps the king of Enuani music in my opinion.  What he is saying is totally different from what you posted previously.  This is Enuani dialect as I know It.  That the first video used the Enuani flute we call "Akpele" does not make it Enuani. The "akpele" was borrowed from Anioma.

Please brother seek another opinion.  The first video is not Enuani.  I can tell the difference believe me.  I understand the Igbo spoken in the first video though but it is not Enuani.  it is what I told b/4 from Imo/Abia axis not even Anambra.  Late Osita Osadebe sang in a variant of Enuani because Enuani is also spoken in lower Anambra i.e. Ogbaru and Onitsha (natives).

My bad bro u are right. the first is not Asaba.The thing that got me was the flute. the kind of flute i usually here in asaba, igbuzo type music. I will be posting more vidz though. wink

Enjoy:

Charles Iwegbue

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M2F6fFCnUtg[/flash]
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 5:52pm On Nov 11, 2010
Thank you for posting Charles Iwegbue.  Do you have Ogbanje or Egwu na so ndioma by Iwegbue?  You can now compare Iwegbue(Ukwuani) to Ogbogu (Enuani), you'll be comparing apple to apple and the similarities would be easy to discern.

Ukwuani and Enuani are just two branches of the same tree. Pronounciations and intonations are sometimes different but the words are 99% the same.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 7:12pm On Nov 11, 2010
omonuan:

Thank you for posting Charles Iwegbue.  Do you have Ogbanje or Egwu na so ndioma by Iwegbue?  You can now compare Iwegbue(Ukwuani) to Ogbogu (Enuani), you'll be comparing apple to apple and the similarities would be easy to discern.

Ukwuani and Enuani are just two branches of the same tree. Pronounciations and intonations are sometimes different but the words are 99% the same.

I haven't heard "Egwu na so ndioma" in a while. If you can post some some of those songs it would be great. wink

Rogana Ottah:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bW7EENBELQc[/flash]

I'm sure you heard this masterpiece smiley
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by ezeagu(m): 10:25pm On Nov 11, 2010
chyz1:

Asaba Igbo:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v5f7OYrertM&feature=related[/flash]

Ukwuani Igbo:

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x6_2NZC-u08[/flash]

Way different from each other and understanding each other word for word in their on dialects highly unlikely!

I'm more convinced that (a good amount of) the Anioma branched off the Igbo surrounding the Imo.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 11:34pm On Nov 11, 2010
Chyz1, From another Rogana Otah's song (not the one you posted) I got a common Anioma word that is also used by the Bini.  Uya-Bini  Uya-Anioma meaning sadness/despondency/depression. As Rogana stated he was told to chase his wife away from his house and he was sad about that.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Abagworo(m): 12:37am On Nov 12, 2010
omonuan:

Chyz1, From another Rogana Otah's song (not the one you posted) I got a common Anioma word that is also used by the Bini.  Uya-Bini  Uya-Anioma meaning sadness/despondency. As Rogana stated he was told to chase his wife away from his house and he was sad about that.

Uya means sickness or problem in eastern Igbo.Sadness is Iwe.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Obiagu1(m): 1:13am On Nov 12, 2010
^^^
Oya is sickness.
Nwute is sadness
Iwe is anger
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by chyz1: 2:10am On Nov 12, 2010
omonuan:

Chyz1, From another Rogana Otah's song (not the one you posted) I got a common Anioma word that is also used by the Bini.  Uya-Bini  Uya-Anioma meaning sadness/despondency/depression. As Rogana stated he was told to chase his wife away from his house and he was sad about that.

Man it is a lot it. language is mysterious think at times.

[flash=350,350]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uXsaZyqtzlc&feature=related[/flash]
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 6:45am On Nov 12, 2010
Yea Chyz1 this last video is what I was talking about from Rogana and "uya." I can also used this song to illustrate how similar Anioma dialects are especially Ukwuani and Enuani.  Ukwuani -"Nwunye" Enuani -"nwunye" Ika= Mgba sometimes "nwunye" for wife. 

Ukwuani-"mgbada" Enuani-"mgbada" Ika-"mgbada" means antelope.  Enuani-"ugili" Ukwuani-"ugili"  same for Ika. This is a form of apple relished by antelopes and humans. Ukwuani-"akwa onuma" for haunting cry or weeping and wailing is also used by Ika and Enuani. Do you now see how similar the dialects are? And are you now convinced that I know my Anioma dialects?

Minor difference: at the point where the wife said in the video "iya sim na" @ 0.13 minutes meaning "did you say I should leave/go?" Ika would have said "lya sim la" and Enuani would use same words as Ukwuani but with different accent.

Just some teaching moments from me to buttress the point that Anioma dialects are three branches of the same tree! 

The tree's name in my opinion is Igbo with some Bini Fertilizers.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Omenani(m): 9:04am On Nov 12, 2010
There is so much diversity in Alaigbo. I am just filled with pride when I hear about the different Igbo dialects.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by AndreUweh(m): 2:09pm On Nov 12, 2010
Omenani:

There is so much diversity in Alaigbo. I am just filled with pride when I hear about the different Igbo dialects.
You have spoken well Omenani. But some efulefus have been making fruitless efforts to convert one of the numerous Igbo dialects to languages and at the same time claim non Igbo. One miscreant from Ika has been doing that continuosly with his copy and paste all the time in every Igbo forum.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 4:00pm On Nov 12, 2010
Andre Uweh: I can tell you that no responsible Ika man that is worth his salt would say that he is not Igbo. Currently, the acting governor of Delta state Sam Obi an Ika man would not come out and say he is not Igbo. Ifeanyi Okowa, Nduka Ogbaigbena, Cairo Ojugbo, Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank fame would not deny Igbo. 

I can tell you though that Anioma people for centuries considered the term "Igbo" derogatory because it was used to refer to slaves by them .  From this perspective, Anioma people do sometimes say that they are not "Igbo."  It is pertinent to say that prior to contact with Europeans, the modern Igbo people did not see themselves as one.  I doubt that they collectively called themselves "Igbo."  However, ethnically Anioma is as Igbo as Owerri, Ngwa, Ikwerre and Etche, Ohafia, Abiriba although our origins may be diverse.

2 Likes

Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Tunisque(m): 4:33pm On Nov 12, 2010
This is an opportunity for you to own a home close to the prophet, and also to invest into the future. Buy into Garden of Eden Estate, Simawa behind Redemption Camp at a very cheap price of N380,000.00 only https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria?topic=521891.msg7124017#msg7124017
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by AndreUweh(m): 5:37pm On Nov 12, 2010
omonuan:

Andre Uweh: I can tell you that no responsible Ika man that is worth his salt would say that he is not Igbo. Currently, the acting governor of Delta state Sam Obi an Ika man would not come out and say he is not Igbo. Ifeanyi Okowa, Nduka Ogbaigbena, Cairo Ojugbo, Jim Ovia of Zenith Bank fame would not deny Igbo.

I can tell you though that Anioma people for centuries considered the term "Igbo" derogatory because it was used to refer to slaves by them . From this perspective, Anioma people do sometimes say that they are not "Igbo." It is pertinent to say that prior to contact with Europeans, the modern Igbo people did not see themselves as one. I doubt that they collectively called themselves "Igbo." However, ethnically Anioma is as Igbo as Owerri, Ngwa, Ikwerre and Etche, Ohafia, Abiriba although our origins may be diverse.
OMONUAN: Onye nwe anyi nonyere gi.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by ezeagu(m): 6:52pm On Nov 12, 2010
omonuan:

I can tell you though that Anioma people for centuries considered the term "Igbo" derogatory because it was used to refer to slaves by them .  From this perspective, Anioma people do sometimes say that they are not "Igbo."  It is pertinent to say that prior to contact with Europeans, the modern Igbo people did not see themselves as one.  I doubt that they collectively called themselves "Igbo."  However, ethnically Anioma is as Igbo as Owerri, Ngwa, Ikwerre and Etche, Ohafia, Abiriba although our origins may be diverse.

Ndi ma ali a bia! Ezioku ki ku ro! Osolobue dozima i o!
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by AndreUweh(m): 8:11pm On Nov 12, 2010
ezeagu:

Ndi ma ali a bia! Ezioku ki ku ro! Osolobue dozima i o!
Omonuan is heaven sent. Godbless him. Am sure, he will finally bury the spirit of Agbontaen.
Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 2:00am On Nov 13, 2010
Hey Guys, I appreciate your accolades but I am not sure they are deserved by me because I only stated what is a truism.  Anioma people are Igbo and are recognized as such by all and sundry including Delta State Government.  As for me and my household we are Anioma and Igbo and proud.  I know that many Anioma are comfortable in their Igbo skins.   Igbo kwenu! Anioma Ishiagwali Nu!

1 Like

Re: Similarity Between Bini And Igbo by Nobody: 5:13am On Nov 13, 2010
Another similarity between Anioma Igbo and Bini

Anioma-Opiah=Cutlass/machete
Bini-Opiah= Cutlass/machete

Anioma-Ogali=knife
Bini-ogali=knife

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Ile-ife - The Cradle Of Yoruba Race, Fact, Myth And Belief / Ethnic Groups in Nigeria, Less Than 40 / Oba Dosunmu: I Refused To Do Any Ritual Before Wearing The Crown

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 110
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.