Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,518 members, 7,830,531 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 02:21 AM

Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat (537 Views)

Maggots In The Vagina: Busting The Myth. / All You Need To Know About Using Maggots In Healing Wounds (PHOTOS) / Nigerian Lady Vomits Maggots From Her Stomach, Thanks God For Healing (Graphic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat by OlujobaSamuel: 8:59pm On Oct 04, 2017
This afternoon, a rat ran into my chicken's cage, i stoned it with my slippers and the hens outside did the follow up by pecking it, I killed it before they do and took it away from them.
However, i noticed something unusual, the legs were swollen, i punctured it and discovered big maggots inside the feet, checked others and it was the same.
I asked people around but none could offer any explanation as to the cause.
Pls what could be the cause, its effects on my birds or humans and the potential of having more rodents with such conditions in my pen.
I took it out to burn it up.
Thanks.
lalasticlala and other mods pls help
Re: Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat by spyroet(m): 9:02pm On Oct 04, 2017
Pics for close examination
Re: Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat by OlujobaSamuel: 9:15pm On Oct 04, 2017
spyroet:
Pics for close examination
I never snapped it, it was too irritating for me. All legs were swollen and the maggots are as big as a grain of cooked rice.
Re: Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat by Fidelismaria: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2017
brb
Re: Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat by spyroet(m): 9:35pm On Oct 04, 2017
OlujobaSamuel:

I never snapped it, it was too irritating for me.
All legs were swollen and the maggots are as big as a grain of cooked rice.
dat deadly the kind that spread lasa fever u must be very careful and keep ur environs clean
Re: Maggots In The Legs Of A Rat by OlujobaSamuel: 6:26am On Oct 05, 2017
spyroet:
dat deadly the kind that spread lasa fever u must be very careful and keep ur environs clean
the place is clean.
you cant stand in the compound and perceive any poultry odour except through sound.

(1) (Reply)

All You Need To Know About The Monkeypox Disease. / Vote For - Community Aids Action For Women And Children (caawc) / (mbbs),medical Students Join This Forum

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.