Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,259 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:55 AM

Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) (24089 Views)

I Didn’t Kill Usifo Ataga- Chidinma Denies Killing Super TV CEO / Military: Why We Didn’t Kill Katsina Schoolboys’ Abductors / ‘When I Hold This Charm, Nothing Can Penetrate Me’- Robbery Suspect. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Islie: 11:10pm On Oct 04, 2017
Posted By: Ernest Nwokolo, Abeokuta

member of a robbery gang, Wasiu Ganiu, that shot the Divisional Police Officer of Ogbere Division has expressed joy that he was not cut down in a gale of bullets during a gun duel between his gang and Operatives of the Federal Special Anti – Robbery Squad (FSARS), Ogun State.

The DPO of Ogbere Division was shot at close range last September 13 when members of Wasiu’s robbery gang ambushed him and his team. They also stole the DPO’s AK 47 rifle.

Following the shooting, the FSARS Operatives were instructed to go fish out the gang and when their hideout was located, gun battle ensued between them and the FSARS which resulted in the death of the gang leader nicknamed Mungo Park, the arrest of two including Wasiu while one of the escaped into the bush with bullets wounds in Itele – Ijebu area of Ogun State.

Items recovered from them were two AK47 rifles, one pump action gun, seven magazines loaded with 30 rounds of live ammunition each, one Toyota Sienna Car, One motorcycle, one jackknife and five live cartridges.

Wasiu Ganiyu who was paraded on Wednesday before journalists at Eleweran, the Police Command Headquarters, by the Police Commissioner, Ahmed Iliyasu, said he took to robbery to survive but added that it was a thing of joy that the bullets from Police didn’t kill him like it happened to his colleague.

The suspect who had earlier served three years jail sentence disclosed further to journalists that he joined the gang when his commercial motorcycle, a source of livelihood, was taken away.

Wasiu who begged the government to give him a second chance to repent said the highest share he ever got after a successful robbery and kidnapping business was N80,000.

“I have never killed anybody in my life. It is Mongo pack (gang leader) that shot the DPO. I ventured into robbery to survive after my okada was stolen.

“The highest money I got since three years ago is N80,000. The government should have mercy on me. I thank God I did not die in the gun battle and I am happy I was caught by the police,” he said.

Also paraded along with Wasiu Ganiu by the Police Commissioner, are 69 other suspects who were arrested in different locations in Ogun after a special operation called “Operation Criminal Mop Up.”

Two of the suspected ritualists – Jimoh Olanrewaju and Seun Babatunde, were arrested by men of FSARS on September 10 after one of them, a cemetery attendant whose trade is to remove the corpse, dismembered it and sell the parts to interested buyers.

Items recovered are assorted charms suspected to be prepared with human parts.

Three fake soldiers were also paraded. Illiyasu said the Onipanu division of the police received information on September 14 about three men disguised as soldiers to snatch vehicles from people around Sango-Ota axis and they were arrested.

They are Abiona Ipaye, Afolabi Olawale and Moses Ayodeji. One toy Barreta pistol, one jackknife and Nigerian Army uniform were recovered from them.

http://thenationonlineng.net/glad-police-bullets-didnt-kill-says-robbery-suspect/

1 Like

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by shortiespro: 11:52pm On Oct 04, 2017
Nigeria na wa oo .. he was glad he was not shot by the police gun cuz freedom is guaranteed to him later ...

18 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by ndlife: 2:52am On Oct 05, 2017
any moment....you will know police is your friend.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Adeevah(m): 5:50am On Oct 05, 2017
Yh! That's why they say 'police is your friend

1 Like

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Drniyi4u(m): 10:23am On Oct 05, 2017
Kudos to the gallant officers

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by brainpulse: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2017
Seriously I rejoice with you, your case is not like the foolish dead IPOB members daring the guns of the military men

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 10:24am On Oct 05, 2017
U are a real armed robber grin
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by brunofarad(m): 10:24am On Oct 05, 2017
This one has decided to be an IDIOT all the days of his life
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2017
They should probably shoot him
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Greatmind23: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2017
I hail thee when naming ceremony too elaborate the iya eleye no go press pause see whqt mechanical engineer turn to
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by kagari: 10:26am On Oct 05, 2017
This should be in the jokes section . do the crime do the time
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Kurisigamo(m): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
embarassedI don tire for naija
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by MARKone(m): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
Dude go wish that the police bullet would have killed him.

2 Likes

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by faithugo64(f): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
embarassed

But your bullets wasted so many souls
Yet you don't want to be killed by a bullet

Wicked soul
You are already dead o
Walking ghost
May you rot in hell then
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Leez(m): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
Islie:

http://thenationonlineng.net/glad-police-bullets-didnt-kill-says-robbery-suspect/

skull mining n armed robbery factories abound in Afonjaland so no surprise hia
smh

3 Likes

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by sankky: 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
A robber that killed a police officer? He is still dead anyway

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Sleyanya1(m): 10:27am On Oct 05, 2017
sad
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by lilfreezy: 10:28am On Oct 05, 2017
why is that anytime Nigerian police parades a criminal, they will display police guns infont of them. We know the guy is guilty but why display police weapons in front to make him seem more badass undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Felixalex(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2017
There's two sides to this....

1.. Yes u shd be happy u were not shot, u have a chance to repent and make ur ways right again with God...

2.. By d tym Nigerian Police deal with u finish (especially SARS), Especially having shot the DPO.... U go wish say dem kill u once and for all

4 Likes

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by emmabest2000(m): 10:28am On Oct 05, 2017
sankky:
A robber that killed a police officer? He is still dead anyway
Naawaa ooo
Dis piplu and Kriam hmmm... undecided

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by sotall(m): 10:29am On Oct 05, 2017
OK
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 10:29am On Oct 05, 2017
EliteBiz:
U are a real armed robber grin
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Omooniya1: 10:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Crime!!!
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Nobody: 10:31am On Oct 05, 2017
Wasiu sef shocked
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by seunny4lif(m): 10:32am On Oct 05, 2017
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by wildcatter23(m): 10:34am On Oct 05, 2017
The guy is in trouble in the first place
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by leofab(f): 10:35am On Oct 05, 2017
Unrepentant
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Adeyeancah(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2017
During all those 3yrs of robbering, he supposed don save money buy Okada. Second Chance ko, Salvador ni angry
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by addikt(m): 10:38am On Oct 05, 2017
Khaynet:
They should probably shoot him

Bro, it seems he doesn't like to die by gun, he was so excited that he wasn't shot dead so we use another way ,just to pity him...
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by awa(m): 10:39am On Oct 05, 2017
Take Operation Crocodile Smile to that State... PMB over to you
Re: Glad Police Bullets Didn’t Kill Me, Says Robbery Suspect (pic) by Modelqwen(f): 10:40am On Oct 05, 2017
shocked

wat a testimony.

(1) (2) (Reply)

3-Year-Old Boy Nearly Drowned In A Pool In Florida, While The Mother Was Drunk / 200 Yahoo Boys Arrested In October – EFCC / Kidnapper In Ogun State Traced To Thier Hideout In Ebonyi

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.