Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:58 AM

Alsatian Just Littered!! - Pets - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Pets / Alsatian Just Littered!! (1933 Views)

My Alabai Just Littered 11 Puppies. / My Eskimo Just Littered 9 Pups. / Police Arrest Alsatian Dog For Robbery In Lagos (photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 5:47am On Oct 05, 2017
Hi after mating my dog with a Caucasian she just littered this midnight.. I will take pictures of the puppies later In the day but here is the father and mother when he came for mating ..

And advises on how to carter for the new born pups is what I seek now
Let me know what you think

Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 05, 2017
Awwww congratulations ooo
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 9:21am On Oct 05, 2017
mhizesther:
Awwww congratulations ooo

Thanks much
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 10:53am On Oct 05, 2017
MaxkidOFFICIAL:

Thanks much

Will u give me one?
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by WanyeKest: 12:00pm On Oct 05, 2017
MaxkidOFFICIAL:
Hi after mating my dog with a Caucasian she just littered this midnight.. I will take pictures of the puppies later In the day but here is the father and mother when he came for mating ..

And advises on how to carter for the new born pups is what I seek now
Let me know what you think

Congratulations on your new pups

The parents look beautiful.

upload pics of the pups please
I'm interested in adoption
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 7:27pm On Oct 05, 2017
I came back late from school so it's this night I took the picture sha but you can see dem

Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 7:30pm On Oct 05, 2017
mhizesther:

Will u give me one?

Lol buh dem no plenty oo .. just 4 ..
I gave the owner of the male dog 1 puppy as agreed .. I'm keeping 2 .. so I'm left with 1 to sell..
They are 2 males and 2 females
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by anyiobi262: 7:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
guy are u in jos?
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by WanyeKest: 9:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
MaxkidOFFICIAL:

I gave the owner of the male dog 1 puppy as agreed .. I'm keeping 2 .. so I'm left with 1 to sell..

Keep a male na biko so you can mate with the mum[if possible]

I be your guy na
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 1:08am On Oct 06, 2017
MaxkidOFFICIAL:

Lol
Was only joking jare
I can't really handle dogs
They're scary grin
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Greene66: 1:15am On Oct 06, 2017
WanyeKest:

I be your guy na

This is wrong!!!! Irresponsible breeding.

1 Like

Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by horlams: 5:03am On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

It's not that bad. Line breeding is the only method of breeding used by breeders for preservation of certain rare qualities or breeds

1 Like

Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Namdeenero(m): 7:05am On Oct 06, 2017
horlams:

It's not that bad. Line breeding is the only method of breeding used by breeders for preservation of certain rare qualities or breeds
How is breeding a Caucasian and Gsd line breeding? ?
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by WanyeKest: 11:58am On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

Oga it's not. Two different breeds. Do you know what heterozygous crossing means?
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by rumenase(m): 12:43pm On Oct 06, 2017
WanyeKest:

Oga it's not.
Two different breeds.
Do you know what heterozygous crossing means?

Oga it's mother and son it's not even line breeding it's inbreeding and it's very bad
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by rumenase(m): 12:45pm On Oct 06, 2017
OP can yu pls tell is why yu deliberately used a Caucasian stud for yur GSD?
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Greene66: 1:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
WanyeKest:

Oga it's not.
Two different breeds.
Do you know what heterozygous crossing means?

a male pup mating the mother? What's different about them? Does it make sense?

It's called line-breeding which I still tag irresponsible and wrong. A mother and her pups are virtually the same... It isn't about breed but about blood and gene.

You have no idea about the implications if it isn't done correctly. Those who have no justification for line-breeding, have no business line-breeding. The pack is a mixed and crossed pack. Mother isn't pure.. Puppies are mixed. Why line-breed? line-breeding can be excused if both parents are purebred and there is a specific trait or feature the breeder is trying to keep in the blood line, I don't think such exists with cross breeding. What does the owner plan to keep? The owner should even work for a purebred dog and stop the mixing. A mixed gsd + mixed gsd is far better than a mixed gsd + pure Caucasian..

Do not encourage a wrong act you have no idea about just to get a free puppy from the Op. That's bad. It's better he keeps a female pup not a male and maybe in the future, if the Caucasian is more present in the female, he can mate her with a purebred caucasiaN to produce a better result and over time, the crossing will fade away.
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Greene66: 2:05pm On Oct 06, 2017
Namdeenero:
How is breeding a Caucasian and Gsd line breeding? ?

No. HHe wants to mate the son with the mom. Its not about the breed here. And line-breeding has to do with daughter - Grand Father or Grand Mother - Son not really son to mother but some refer to this as line-breeding which I somewhat agree but it's wrong all the same
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by rumenase(m): 2:27pm On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

a male pup mating the mother? What's different about them? Does it make sense?

It's called line-breeding which I still tag irresponsible and wrong. A mother and her pups are virtually the same... It isn't about breed but about blood and gene.

You have no idea about the implications if it isn't done correctly. Those who have no justification for line-breeding, have no business line-breeding. The pack is a mixed and crossed pack. Mother isn't pure.. Puppies are mixed. Why line-breed? line-breeding can be excused if both parents are purebred and there is a specific trait or feature the breeder is trying to keep in the blood line, I don't think such exists with cross breeding. What does the owner plan to keep? The owner should even work for a purebred dog and stop the mixing. A mixed gsd + mixed gsd is far better than a mixed gsd + pure Caucasian..

Do not encourage a wrong act you have no idea about just to get a free puppy from the Op. That's bad. It's better he keeps a female pup not a male and maybe in the future, if the Caucasian is more present in the female, he can mate her with a purebred caucasiaN to produce a better result and over time, the crossing will fade away.

yu are absolutely right my friend and what even confuses me more is why he chose to mix breed.
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Greene66: 3:32pm On Oct 06, 2017
rumenase:

yu are absolutely right my friend and what even confuses me more is why he chose to mix breed.

He might have been a novice and had no idea on how breeding works. It may not be his fault and if he made the choice deliberately, that's another thing which confuse me also.

Anyway, I got a Rott instead of Boerboel. Boerboel was too expensive smiley
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 4:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
Well I just wanted a larger breed of dog and we all know that Caucasians are larger than the gsd that was why I chose the Caucasian to mate with it ..

I'm a novice and the person that has it was just interested in the 5k I will give him that time he didn't even tell me it's bad

I intend getting a female rottie if I can sell these ones at good price
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by rumenase(m): 4:39pm On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

He might have been a novice and had no idea on how breeding works. It may not be his fault and if he made the choice deliberately, that's another thing which confuse me also.

Anyway, I got a Rott instead of Boerboel. Boerboel was too expensive smiley

a Rott is equally good nice one
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 4:40pm On Oct 06, 2017
mhizesther:

Lol
Was only joking jare
I can't really handle dogs
They're scary grin

Hehehe
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Nobody: 4:41pm On Oct 06, 2017
WanyeKest:

I be your guy na

I just check again today and it's 3females 1 male
I'm keeping the male and a female
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by rumenase(m): 4:44pm On Oct 06, 2017
MaxkidOFFICIAL:
Well I just wanted a larger breed of dog and we all know that Caucasians are larger than the gsd that was why I chose the Caucasian to mate with it ..

I'm a novice and the person that has it was just interested in the 5k I will give him that time he didn't even tell me it's bad

I intend getting a female rottie if I can sell these ones at good price

well lesson learnt

1 Like

Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by WanyeKest: 6:31pm On Oct 06, 2017
MaxkidOFFICIAL:

I just check again today and it's 3females 1 male
I'm keeping the male and a female

ayeee!!
I see what you did there OP.
:-D :-D :-D
That's fine. I'm OK.

as for rumenase and greene66
I understand now, thanks for the enlightenment.

the gsd isn't pure. half gsd maybe half mongrel or terrier

plus puppies that have more gsc/cauc than the mong DNA

Inbreeding is bad and should not be encouraged.

Expantiate more on "Line breeding" Greene66
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by WanyeKest: 6:37pm On Oct 06, 2017
BTW your dog looks more like a Spitz type dog.

the gsd blood (if any) is too diluted.

did you buy this dog from a reputable breeder?
or issa gift (like the puppy you WILL give me;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-)
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by horlams: 8:03pm On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

No. HHe wants to mate the son with the mom. Its not about the breed here. And line-breeding has to do with daughter - Grand Father or Grand Mother - Son not really son to mother but some refer to this as line-breeding which I somewhat agree but it's wrong all the same

Namdeenero this is what I meant. Thanks Greene66
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Namdeenero(m): 8:16pm On Oct 06, 2017
horlams:

Namdeenero this is what I meant. Thanks Greene66
It's okay bro, my bad
Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by Greene66: 9:10pm On Oct 06, 2017
WanyeKest:

Expantiate more on "Line breeding" Greene66

Line-breeding involves mating a female on heat using the either the Grand-Father or (maybe) Father as stud. Or using a male as stud to mate his Grand-mother or (maybe) mother on heat.

Most breeders who do this usually have a specific trait at which they wish to keep. Take for example, your pack, is a pack of working-line dogs. Dogs with the balance, height, fitness and agility for work including the drive. To preserve this trait, you may line-breed to keep the bloodline to future generations including the gene and traits.

Like I mentioned before, if you have no specific thing you wish to keep you don't need to line breed. If you wish to keep general traits, you can get a stud with same trait. But if you have something unique that is rare to find but only within the pack, then line-breeding is an option.

In-breeding is a NO NO.

1 Like

Re: Alsatian Just Littered!! by WanyeKest: 9:24pm On Oct 06, 2017
Greene66:

Line-breeding involves mating a female on heat using the either the Grand-Father or (maybe) Father as stud. Or using a male as stud to mate his Grand-mother or (maybe) mother on heat.

Most breeders who do this usually have a specific trait at which they wish to keep. Take for example, your pack, is a pack of working-line dogs. Dogs with the balance, height, fitness and agility for work including the drive. To preserve this trait, you may line-breed to keep the bloodline to future generations including the gene and traits.

Like I mentioned before, if you have no specific thing you wish to keep you don't need to line breed. If you wish to keep general traits, you can get a stud with same trait. But if you have something unique that is rare to find but only within the pack, then line-breeding is an option.

In-breeding is a NO NO.

Wow, OK.
Nigerians do this alot instead of spending money on hetero stud

it has pros and cons sha.
OP I wasn't interested in your litter in the offset but I wanted to poke around.
Nice litter you have, but quite small for a medium sized dog.
how old is she?
She in good health?
Breed history (family history)?

finally do a diary on her and the puppies.

(1) (Reply)

What To Bath A Dog With / Top Pedigree Caucasian For Sale / All Black Kitten For Sale - Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.