Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,387 members, 7,822,796 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 05:06 PM

TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? (1003 Views)

6 Nigerian Movies To Watch Out For In 2022 / Premier Movies To Watch Out For This Festive Season / TSTV Launches In Nigeria: Channels, Packages, Subscription & Decoder Prices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Enigma1000: 6:35am On Oct 05, 2017
Copied

By Obiora Egwuatu

TSTV MAY BE A FRAUD.
I promoted Tstv and was hoping that it could challenge DStv. It was launched in Abuja few days ago.
Read this:

Is TSTV A Fraud?

Another MMM Scam. Everybody beware.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware.
This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

8. EFCC Fraud Charges
EFCC arrested the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Bright Echefu last year for fraud. Not credible.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM". Pls look before you leap.
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by haryorbarmie83(m): 6:36am On Oct 05, 2017
Bad belle people. Business strategy in action sponsored by DSTV.
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by divinehand2003(m): 6:41am On Oct 05, 2017
When I saw Lai Mohammed launch TStv, I knew this was another APC propaganda where lies and deceit flourish with reckless abandon.

APC promised to hit the ground running as soon as they took over the leadership of Nigeria. Instead, they crash landed terribly and haven't recovered since then.

Now they have launched TStv on October 1st, 2017, with mouth watery promises. I smell another crash landing again.

Nigerians are watching them like ..................

Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by wydmag(m): 6:43am On Oct 05, 2017
this people don come again ooo!
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by perez100: 6:48am On Oct 05, 2017
Someone there is starting his business while some fools, bad belle and morons are struggling to pull him down. Let us wait and see what TSTV want to offer, but if the morons think they know the business then let them go and establish their own.
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Ilefoaye(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2017
MMM Satellite Station
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by bamdly(m): 6:50am On Oct 05, 2017
hmmmm AROBA
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Florblu(f): 7:02am On Oct 05, 2017
Is that all?

Someone should please help me with that referee meme
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Settingz321(m): 7:08am On Oct 05, 2017
See am there

Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Enigma1000: 7:09am On Oct 05, 2017
Many of us here don't know how dealership works. There are many prospective dealers with huge amount of finance ready to invest in the so called TSTV. Once they put in the money, it might be the end because TSTV will keep postponing their operation commencement till infinity. Where is their head office? Who can point to any regional or state office? How you get your anticipated decoders? Before you put in your money, be watchful. Studying the Nigerian attitude, they know we like AWOOF.
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Lomprico2: 7:30am On Oct 05, 2017
Enigma1000:
Many of us here don't know how dealership works. There are many prospective dealers with huge amount of finance ready to invest in the so called TSTV. Once they put in the money, it might be the end because TSTV will keep postponing their operation commencement till infinity. Where is their head office? Who can point to any regional or state office? How you get your anticipated decoders? Before you put in your money, be watchful. Studying the Nigerian attitude, they know we like AWOOF.

We will still buy tongue.

Go and daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Nobody: 6:46pm On Oct 11, 2017
if you say it is a scam then what solution are you proffering for the poor man that has no hope but to leave his house every Saturday after getting tired of watching foolish AIT et al to go and see a premiership match
must it be like that forever
you are all naysayers
if you think saving #5k makes you smart. then be happy and trouble no one with your "wisdom"

as for me I will buy this scam. even if it is trace TV they show.
I will gladly accept it.
come TStv, this poor man wants to stop watching AIT
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by Caveatemptor(m): 7:06pm On Oct 11, 2017
This is on the EFCC website-

EFCC Arraigns Man for Issuance of N1.3m Dud Cheque
The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC on Thursday, January 21, 2016 arraigned one Bright Echefu before Justice S.C Amadi of the State High Court, Port Harcourt, Rivers on one-count charge bordering on Issuance of Dud Cheque and Obtaining by false pretense.
The accused allegedly received computer accessories, laptops and stationeries which were delivered to his (suspect) business premises at Touchville Hotel, Ada George Road, Port Harcourt by the victim. After the supply, the suspect issued a post dated UBA cheque of One Million, One Hundred and Sixty Five Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N1, 165, 500. 00), with a further agreement to pay the balance of One Hundred and Fifty Thousand Naira (N150, 000) on a later date. But the cheque was returned unpaid due to insufficient funds on the suspect’s account. All efforts made to recover the money by the victim, were futile.
The charge reads, “That you, Bright Echefu on or about the 17th day of December, 2013 at Port Harcourt in the Port Harcourt Judicial Division did issue a United Bank for Africa (UBA) Plc. Cheque No. 00000068 drawn on your Cooperate Account (Gifted Word Broadcasting Limited) with Account No. 033213466 in the sum of One Million, One Hundred and Sixty Five Thousand, Five Hundred Naira (N1, 165, 500. 00) in favor of PCA Tech Integrated Services which was presented for payment within three (3) months, and was dishonored on grounds of insufficient funds standing to your credit and thereby committed an offence contrary to section 1 (1)(a) and punishable under Section 1 (ii) of the Dishonored Cheques Offences Act Cap D11 of the Revised Edition (Laws of the Federation of Nigeria) Act 2007”.
In view of his plea, the prosecution counsel, C. Okorie asked for a date for commencement of trial.
Justice Amadi adjourned the matter to 25th January, 2016 for hearing of bail application and ordered that the defendant be remanded in prison custody.
Media & Publicity
21st January, 2016
Re: TSTV. Another Scam To Watch Out For? by majekky: 7:20pm On Oct 11, 2017
oga you shldn't go about publishing what u know nothing about, you saying all this channels cannot be transmitted here in nigeria due to PAYTV right?
THEN HOW COME CTL here in nigeria can broadcast all these stations? http://techdracula.com/ctl-new-channels-list-nigeria/ and http://www.techmazza.com/ctl-full-channels-list-nigeria-price-review-latest-updated-new-2017/
Enigma1000:
Copied

By Obiora Egwuatu

TSTV MAY BE A FRAUD.
I promoted Tstv and was hoping that it could challenge DStv. It was launched in Abuja few days ago.
Read this:

Is TSTV A Fraud?

Another MMM Scam. Everybody beware.

These TSTV guys are actually reckless. I am really surprised that they brought the minister into this.
I believe that this is another MMM. Buyers beware.
This is based on the following:
1. Bein sports acquired the EPL, Champions League and Laliga only for MENA (Middle East and North Africa). They do not have the right for Nigeria. DSTV owns the rights for Nigeria till 2019. You cannot give what you do not have. When a new service is launched, you have to wait for the next bidding round to have a shot at acquiring the rights. You cannot jump in the middle and start showing it. Things are not done that way in the PayTV world.

A lot of channels listed like CNN, National Geographic, Discovery etc were acquired by DSTV on an exclusive basis for DTH in sub-saharan Africa by DSTV. Channels like Star Movies, MBC2, etc are only cleared for middle east and Asia. I really doubt that they have the rights to those channels. They may show it for one or two months before they are asked to take them off air.

I check with a content aggregator on the cost per subscriber for these channels, assuming they can buy the rights, it came out the about 23 USD per month. That is excluding the sports channels. Based on today's naira exchange rate of 365 naira to a dollar, the cost is 8,395 Naira per subscriber. The content owners globally charge per month for their content. They do not charge per week or part of the month. The content owners dictate the terms. Nobody can pay 8395 Naira and charge 3000 Naira. Not possible.

The cost of decoder package is as follows - decoder 25 USD, smartcard 4 USD, dish is 5 USD. Total is 34 USD (12410 naira). If we add shipping and clearing, you can get 15,000 Naira. To charge 5000 Naira for the package, you will need a lot of cheap money from bank to fund the decoder purchase. Buying 15,000 and selling 5000 sounds interesting to me.

To do internet via satellite, you need VSAT equipment which is expensive compared to the dish/lnb you need to receive dstv. Minimum cost of vsat equipment should be not less than 50,000 Naira. If you use the traditional dish equipment, you can only receive. You cannot do internet with it. Unless TSTV will supply you 40,000 Naira vsat equipment for 5000 Naira.

I went to lyngsat and checked the ABS 3A satellite, I did not see any information about any TSTV channels. Lyngsat is the database of all channels currently on satellite.

When you launch a new DTH platform, you start with a test transmission. This allows you to work through some issues that might come up. It also gives people chance to see some of your channels to make sure they are real before committing their money. There is no test transmission from TSTV.

8. EFCC Fraud Charges
EFCC arrested the Chief Executive Officer of the company, Bright Echefu last year for fraud. Not credible.

In conclusion, people should ask enough questions before investing their hard earned money. If it is too good to be true, it's probably is. Let this not be another MMM". Pls look before you leap.

(1) (Reply)

Video/picturs Nina And Miracle Kissing Deeply And Romancing #bbnaija2018 / Breaking: A Popular Akwa Ibom Radio/tv Icon Is Dead / Assembling A Movie Production Crew In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.