Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,475 members, 7,819,732 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 09:54 PM

Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress (18307 Views)

Mercy Johnson And Her Kids Play In The Snow(photo) / Shocking! Popular Yoruba Actress Turns Monster After Using Bleaching Cream *pic / Mercy Johnson Is Wanted By Nigerian Police (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by faozidion: 1:39pm On Mar 08, 2010
Unbelievable! Mercy Johnson acts a Yoruba movie. She even speaks fluent Yoruba. I need to know. I forgot the title of the movie and i guess the actress is a good one. What did u think about this, it seems she is really trying. Please Nairalander appreciate her for once if not in everything grin
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Tarmpa: 3:37pm On Mar 08, 2010
Wao! Credit to her then,maybe she must have lived in a yoruba land befor,probably lagos.I never knew she could speak yoruba fluently,but what i'm very sure of is that,she is'nt a yoruba girl.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by ubiaru(f): 4:17pm On Mar 08, 2010
She is Kogi.Secondary schooled in Ibadan and resides in Lagos so whats new?
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Obelomo: 4:51pm On Mar 08, 2010
Mercy Johnson can speak six languages according to one of her interviews and she did mention yourba.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by sjeezy8: 4:54pm On Mar 08, 2010
Not really a big deal, shes not the only one. Whatever acting job is available people will do, a good number of actors in the yoruba genre arent yoruba anyway.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Nobody: 4:46am On Mar 09, 2010
Mercy Johnson acts a Yoruba movie. She even speaks fluent Yoruba.

you find that surprising?

anyway, i do meet an astonishing number of people who are stunned when they see a non-yoruba speaking the language quite fluently.

i dont find it surprising at all because when i was growing up i thought it was the norm.

in fact, i was more shocked to discover there were people who considered such a thing strange.

different strokes for all,  i guess.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Obelomo: 4:28pm On Mar 09, 2010
Yeah a lot of tribes in Nigeria, hell even some Ghanaians I know can Yoruba fluently. In fact, I know some people who speak Yoruba more than their own language.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Princessty(f): 5:08pm On Aug 02, 2010
I Tout Yall WereTakin Bout Mercy Aigbe Na
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by mamagee3(f): 9:59pm On Aug 02, 2010
I thought she was hausa not yoruba.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Godmother(f): 6:41pm On Aug 03, 2010
Mercy is a very good actress. She is one of the few people in the movie industry that can come out of themselves and deliver what a role entails, which is what good acting is all about. Im not surprised.And she is a smart babe, I hear yoruba films pays more
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by naliakar: 10:57pm On Aug 03, 2010
She cannot speak Igbo (my igbo) and that diminishes her abilities.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by tpiah: 11:49pm On Aug 03, 2010
why cant she speak igbo if she's half igbo?

i'm sure she does, if she says she knows six languages.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by cindyivory: 5:34pm On Dec 31, 2010
Mercy Johnson confuses me too. The name is English but the lady can speak Yoruba. Maybe she's a Yoruba? Or could she be an Igbo? One time I heard her in a Tanzania/Nigeria movie speaking Swahili and I thought she's from Kenya coz of her looks, figure and her accent and her pronounciation of the swahili words was perfect. She must be very good in languages. Mercy Johnson, please write your African name instead of Johnson then we shall be able to tell your origin. You really look like a Kenyan from Kisumu. wink
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by niceone3(m): 8:35pm On Dec 31, 2010
Wonderful revelation
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Pafuri(m): 6:32pm On Jun 01, 2011
Kisumu ko, Kasumu ni.

1 Like

Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by spicyhoney(f): 1:03am On Jun 02, 2011
Its no big deal that she speaks Yoruba, many actors/actresses do and she in particular is good with languages.

She is Ebira(Okene), a tribe in Kogi State.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by ajekpaks(m): 11:11am On Jun 02, 2011
You'd be suprised at the number of English speaking actors (Especially the Ibo boiz) that can flow in Yoruba even more than Yoruba people, Ernest Obi (Number one, the guy dey even teach Yoruba people how to speak their own lingo, So te im just finish directing a Yoruba movie), Emeka Ike, Chidi Mokeme, Tony Umez, Mike Ezuruonye, lots and lot others, Na my eyes I use see am and my ear hear am, no be person tell me, Na so I take dey shocked too,
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by maclatunji: 11:34am On Jun 02, 2011
Virtually everybody born and raised in Lagos speaks Yoruba, so what is the big deal?
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by pator(m): 9:41pm On Jun 02, 2011
maclatunji:

Virtually everybody born and raised in Lagos speaks Yoruba, so what is the big deal?

Then Yoruba should be legalized as Nigeria official language
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by AndreUweh(m): 10:05pm On Jun 02, 2011
pator:

Then Yoruba should be legalized as Nigeria official language
It is, alongside Hausa and Igbo.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by bimbo16: 7:55pm On Aug 06, 2011
Princessty:

I Tout Yall WereTakin Bout Mercy Aigbe Na
we are not talking about mercy aigbe but Mercy johnson
the name of the movie is ODOJO ALE kiss
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by eghost247(m): 8:57pm On Aug 06, 2011
its a nigerian language isnt it so Kini Big Deal
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Ybutterfly: 11:10pm On Aug 28, 2011
I need to see this movie, Mercy speaks Yoruba
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Nobody: 12:18am On Aug 29, 2011
When did Mercy J become a Yoruba actress again?

what will I not hear on this forum?

Last time I checked, she was half Igbo half Bini.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Ybutterfly: 12:20am On Aug 29, 2011
^^^^mercy is half bini, I thought she was [size=15pt]100%[/size] igbo
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by Afam4eva(m): 8:15am On Aug 29, 2011
Mercy Johnson is half Ebira and Half Igbo from her mother. Her name is Mercy Ozioma Johnson. So it's normal for her to be fluent in Igbo and Ebira. She also understands some yoruba due to the fact that she street lived in the interior of Lagos.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by ariellewis: 10:41am On Aug 29, 2011
I think this is not a issue if she done Yoruba movie.
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by lorakane: 4:15pm On Nov 24, 2011
smiley
Re: Mercy Johnson A Yoruba Actress by CofOLandOfPeace(m): 2:45pm On Apr 18, 2018
eghost247:
its a nigerian language isnt it so Kini Big Deal

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Is 33 Years Old Today / "Women Can Never Be Equal To Men" - Huddah Monroe / Lovely Beautiful Portraits Of Toke Makinwa

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.