Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,885 members, 7,817,603 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:18 PM

Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? (2800 Views)

Benz Or Lexus.. Come In And Help Me Decide / Tokunbo 2008 / 2009 Toyota Camry Sport With Screen At Lagos / 2008 Few Months Used Benz Ml350 Ibadan3m (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 2:09pm On Oct 05, 2017
Good day experts in the house, please I need your candid opinion on this. I presently use a 2006 Toyota corolla and I am now so bored having driven it for over 3 years.i honestly don't intend disposing it because it's a very lovely utility car so I have decided to get another ride just to get rid of the boredom.
my worry is now on which car to go for considering my given financial constraint. My budget is #2m (max) and I am considering a neat Nigerian used 2008/2009 Camry aka Spider or any classy Mercedes Benz.

Note: the purpose is just for weekend grooves and social things however, cost of maintenance is also of high concern to me because I am a hustling young guy that's just coming up just that I love living good.

And please if your opinion is Mercedes Benz I would also want to have your opinion on what options are available for me given my financial constraint.

Thanks
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 2:12pm On Oct 05, 2017
Buy your TOYOTA CAMRY jeje.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 2:13pm On Oct 05, 2017
AntiWailer:
Buy your TOYOTA CAMRY jeje.

May I know your reason sir?
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 2:15pm On Oct 05, 2017
riversproperty:

May I know your reason sir?

It is good to drive Benz until you have issues with some parts.

Non availability and very expensive.

A friend just spend a little above 1 million fixing a car.

Camry is easy to maintain.

The temptation of buying a big car and spinning heads is always there but when the maintenance come u go scream.

NB: Please read well. My advice was based on budget and maintenance. I did not say Camry is better or sweeter than Benz.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Sowl(m): 2:34pm On Oct 05, 2017
Reg 2008 Toyota Camry
Silver colour
V6 engine
Extremely clean and faultless
Location is Egbeda Lagos
Price is 1.9m

Please call me or whatsapp 08085994525

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Alexgray(m): 2:39pm On Oct 05, 2017
Kindly state the Benz model which part was not available and also furnish us with details of what and what was replaced or repaired for 1m..invoice and quotes wld be highly appreciated.

4 Likes

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Alexgray(m): 2:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
You can never compare a Benz to a Camry...pls don't make that mistake.
Since u use a Toyota corolla,u seem to be more at home with compact vehicles.so I'll recommend a Benz c class..w203 from year 2004 to 2007..make sure it's a clean title,don't bother buying Nigerian used,ur max budget can get u a very good tokunbo which if u r lucky,other than servicing and brake pad change,u might not need do anything more in the next 2yrs from date of purchase.there is no spare parts of this vehicle that is not available in the open market.both new and used.if it's 4matic,only suspension parts are quite expensive but they are very much available.I doubt u need the 4matic since ur corolla is 2 wheel drive.just stick with the regular or kompressor and you are good to go.

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Triniti(m): 6:35pm On Oct 05, 2017
I also want to buy a 2008 c300,can you give a head up on maintenance and parts @ alexgray seems you know so much about Mercedes

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Alexgray(m): 6:57pm On Oct 05, 2017
Triniti:
I also want to buy a 2008 c300,can you give a head up on maintenance and parts @ alexgray seems you know so much about Mercedes
That is the w204..like the w203,it's also a reliable car.all parts are very much available including the body kits upgrade.Benz are cars that you wld enjoy using naturally.provided it was not flooded.U just need to choose btw a regular or 4matic.once it's 4matic,suspension had to be modelled in a way to accommodate all wheel drive .some pple prefer sedans to suv's. It's a matter of choice.But u get the same kind of comfort in all Benz.do get one and enjoy..U won't regret it.I haven't seen anyone driving a Benz and praising Camry.

3 Likes

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 7:53pm On Oct 05, 2017
Sowl:

Reg 2008 Toyota Camry
Silver colour
V6 engine
Extremely clean and faultless
Location is Egbeda Lagos
Price is 1.9m

Please call me or whatsapp 08085994525

I will prefer a v4 engine ..but thanks though for your effort.my mind is tilting towards Mercedes Benz honestly
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 7:56pm On Oct 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

The temptation of buying a big car and spinning heads is always there but when the maintenance come u go scream.

Above 1m? shocked shocked shocked may we know the very model of Benz you are talking about?
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
riversproperty:

Above 1m? shocked shocked shocked may we know the very model of Benz you are talking about?

I did not say Benz. I said a car.

And yes

Steering rack - 650,000

Catalytic converter - 360,000

Programming the EPAS - 50, 000

Shock absorber pad - 60,000

Labour - 60,000

Add it together.

That is wat was used to fix a ford explorer in September.

The car is cool with crazy options (auto park, adaptive cruise, intelligent access, Advance Lane tracking system, anti collision sensor)

You cant compare it with camry of course but wen it is time for repairs that was the cost.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 10:26pm On Oct 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

And yes

Steering rack - 650,000

Labour - 60,000

Add it together.

The car is cool with crazy options but wen it is time for repairs that was the cost.

Ok boss! Thanks for your time but I think I might eventually settle for a Benz due to the positive reviews 'Ve gotten so far.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 10:28pm On Oct 05, 2017
riversproperty:

Ok boss! Thanks for your time but I think I might eventually settle for a Benz due to the positive reviews 'Ve gotten so far.

Best of luck bro.

but remember some one said u should not buy the one used in Nigeria. Just bring it in.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by dokiOloye(m): 10:49pm On Oct 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

When U spend 1m fixing a benz,negligence and carelessness plus ignorance must be involved.
Remember I said fixing,not something like upgrading.

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Alexgray(m): 11:03pm On Oct 05, 2017
AntiWailer:

Best of luck bro.

but remember some one said u should not buy the one used in Nigeria. Just bring it in.
What I said was,since the max budget can get a tokunbo,he should get it.there are many Nigerian used cars that only come out of their owners's garage once a while.if u see them,from experience u wld know.
Some are up for sale in some cases when owner wants to upgrade or gets a good offer or in need of cash for a project that might bring in more cash.the choice is left to whoever wants to buy.as per the Ford explorer,please what year was it?

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by kingreign(m): 11:05pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hello,I'm really embarrassed at the level of ignorance displayed by you and your friend.

AntiWailer:

2 Likes

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by Jagermeister(m): 11:37pm On Oct 05, 2017
kingreign:
Hello,I'm really embarrassed at the level of ignorance displayed by you and your friend.

Why do you think so Mike?
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 4:01am On Oct 06, 2017
AntiWailer:

Best of luck bro.

I think I don't mind buying a Nigerian used as long as it's clean and neatly used simply because that will fetch me a better and a higher model. cheesy
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by riversproperty(m): 4:03am On Oct 06, 2017
dokiOloye:
When U spend 1m fixing a benz,negligence and carelessness plus ignorance must be involved.

Negligence and carelessness plus ignorance grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 5:11am On Oct 06, 2017
dokiOloye:

Yea it is easy to say. Until it happens.

May be next time u read the original post before concluding.

If your younger brother has a budget of 2million and he is particular about maintenance. Advise him to get a Benz over a Camry.

Negligence like driving along a normal Lagos road and flood meets u inside the traffic.

The argument is not which is better or preferable. It is about a low budget Benz and maintenance compared with a Camry of the same value.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 5:15am On Oct 06, 2017
kingreign:

Sorry for the embarrassment.

Next time read very well before you embarrass yourself.

When the advice is along maintenance and low budget, choose a Benz over a Camry. Good luck.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 5:23am On Oct 06, 2017
Alexgray:

What I said was,since the max budget can get a tokunbo,he should get it.there are many Nigerian used cars that only come out of their owners's garage once a while.if u see them,from experience u wld know.
Some are up for sale in some cases when owner wants to upgrade or gets a good offer or in need of cash for a project that might bring in more cash.the choice is left to whoever wants to buy.as per the Ford explorer,please what year was it?

grin wat year of park and drive Benz will 2 million get ?

Ford explorer 2013 limited edition bought brand new when bought.

And yes most explorers have that problem. It is a normal problem after a while.

When u see a check engine light on most ford, scan and the machine will read catalytic converter.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by dokiOloye(m): 6:05am On Oct 06, 2017
AntiWailer:

Yea it is easy to say. Until it happens.

May be next time u read the original post before concluding.

If your younger brother has a budget of 2million and he is particular about maintenance. Advise him to get a Benz over a Camry.

Negligence like driving along a normal Lagos road and flood meets u inside the traffic.

The argument is not which is better or preferable. It is about a low budget Benz and maintenance compared with a Camry of the same value.
Obviously, U don't own nor know anything about d benz.
If we're talking about low budget benz,I can authoritatively tell you that the parts are cheaper than that of a Camry of d same age.
Compare d prices of parts,including d engine of let's say a year 2000/2001 C class and a Toyota Camry of d same age and get back to us.
Ask and U will learn a new thing today.

3 Likes

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 6:17am On Oct 06, 2017
dokiOloye:
Obviously, U know don't own nor know anything about d benz.
If we're talking about low budget benz,I can authoritatively tell you that the parts are cheaper than that of a Camry of d same age.
Compare d prices of parts,including d engine of let's say a year 2000/2001 C class and a Toyota Camry of d same age and get back to us.

How will you decieve yourself that comparing a Benz and Camry of the same age, Benz is cheaper to maintain ?

Haba !!!!!

Please compare like for like and recent year please.

Not 2001 Benz.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by kingreign(m): 6:20am On Oct 06, 2017
dokiOloye:
Obviously, U don't own nor know anything about d benz.

Ignore him brah.

Let him be. You know say we na tuke-tuke we dey drive.

@ antiwailer, no vex ehn, next time before you start this tales by moon light, call plenty pikins, share sweet 5naira for all of them and then start the story, no vex o.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 6:35am On Oct 06, 2017
kingreign:

Ignore him brah.

Let him be. You know say we na tuke-tuke we dey drive.

@ antiwailer, no vex ehn, next time before you start this tales by moon light, call plenty pikins, share sweet 5naira for all of them and then start the story, no vex o.

No point arguing with.

If not, personal information would be released .

I av made my point known. Good luck.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by yomifoster: 6:38am On Oct 06, 2017
Poster, avoid trouble. Go for Camry jeje. We spent 650k repairing Benz C300 recently. Yet we didn't change gear nor engine. Just repair! Also consider resale value when u get bored with the car after some years. U will thank me later. I'm talking from experience. But u are free to decide on whatever u want. Good luck!
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by kingreign(m): 6:42am On Oct 06, 2017
yomifoster:
Poster, avoid trouble. Go for Camry jeje. We spent 650k repairing Benz C300 recently. Yet we didn't change gear nor engine. Just repair! Also consider resale value when u get bored with the car after some years. U will thank me later. I'm talking from experience. But u are free to decide on whatever u want. Good luck!

What did you repair in it for 650k?

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by timifakay(m): 7:13am On Oct 06, 2017
AntiWailer:

And yes

Steering rack - 650,000

Labour - 60,000

Add it together.

The car is cool with crazy options (auto park, adaptive cruise, intelligent access, Advance Lane tracking system, anti collision sensor)

You cant compare it with camry of course but wen it is time for repairs that was the cost.

Ayam not understanding bolded
What's the correlation between Benz or Toyota and Ford.
OP, no matter what choice you make, do due diligence to ensure its clean title with known service history.

1 Like

Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 7:22am On Oct 06, 2017
timifakay:

Ayam not understanding bolded
What's the correlation between Benz or Toyota and Ford.
OP, no matter what choice you make, do due diligence to ensure its clean title with known service history.

The ford was bought brand new.

I simply stated that maintenance should be carefully thought thru before making choice for a car based on budget.
Re: Budget #2million: Nigerian Used Benz Or 2008/2009 Camry? by AntiWailer: 7:23am On Oct 06, 2017
yomifoster:

No mind them.

Person wey never chee chomtin before go dey make mouth. They think you must always be at the other side of every argument.

Wen they give u repair bill ur face go calm down

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

Price reduced!! Very Clean Used Highlander Sports 09 Direct Owner / ######SOLD. Toks 2003 Toyota Matrix, Super Clean / Mercedes Benz 2006 Fulloption Toks... 3.9m cash Needed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.