Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,464 members, 7,823,083 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries - Career (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries (22113 Views)

January Salaries Of Federal Civil Servants To Be ‘delayed Beyond Normal’ – Memo / Please HELP, My Boss Slashed My Salary Unjustly / The Staff Monthly Salary Of Federal Ministry Of Interior, Information, And Works (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Re: Appointment Terminated Unjustly And The Staff Asked To Refund Salaries by lonelydora: 7:44am On Oct 09, 2017
Xyzee:
I would give you my experience after working for 4 commercial Banks for a total of11 years.

That story above sounds like STANBIC IBTC Bank. I want to believe her appointment was terminated as a result of performance after getting a NOT MET rating in the annual performance Appraisal exercise. The Bank places you on a Performance Improvement Plan for 3 months with double of your budget and if it is not met, your appointment is terminated.

After termination, nothing is paid to you and your salary for that month is used to pay down part of the loan. However, there is a JOB LOSS INSURANCE done on the loan, which mandates the insurance company to takeover the repayment of that loan, in the event of job loss. Prior to this time, the insurance pays for only one year and the Bank later activated the Insurance to cover for the entire Principal upon job loss. See SMS confirmation from them (We have upgraded your loan insurance cover to cater for full payment of outstanding principal balance in the event of job loss. Call 012709676 for details.). Just 3 weeks after the termination of my appointment, they started calling and writing that I has to pay them and I wrote back that I wasn't owing them and forwarded the SMS to them, their excuse was that I was terminated before the migration. Then whose fault and why was a confirmation sent to me? If your sister is in this boat, she's not owing them a kobo.

Also, where do they expect her to pay from? Has she started working already? Then she should just let them know that she would pay when she gets a job. Have they finished recovering the billions from the business men?

The Bank job is a big scam and you need to tell your sister about it.

Thank you.

See my comment above and advise. That's Stanbic too.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Driveinhud Ranks Number 1 Travel App On Play Store! / Shoprite Workers Embark On Protests In Ibadan, Shut Down Company Indefinitely / Young Graduates: What's Your Creative Idea That Requires Funding

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.