Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,169 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys (1450 Views)

Original OEM Used Car Keys Fobs Smart Remote Available / SKP900! With This, You Can Program Over 180 Car Keys In The World. / Silicone Car Keys & Remote Covers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by desmond2pk: 9:36pm On Oct 05, 2017
1. Stay calm- Panicking in these types of situations will only make them more difficult to handle.

2. Search everywhere- And not just once, but twice, five times even to be sure. Search your house, office, or the store you were just shopping at. Replacing your car keys is not a small fee, so you want to be 100 percent sure you have lost them.

Okay, you've looked everywhere, they are really gone. Now how do I replace my key?

3. Figure out what type of key you lost- You will need to tell the locksmith/dealer the type of key you had for them to replace it.

- Traditional key- Standard metal keys are the easiest to duplicate, which is ideal for this type of situation, but lack security for you any other time of the year.

- Transponder Key- If your car was made any time after the late 90s, chances are you have some type of transponder key. These keys are great for security reasons, but make getting a replacement a bit trickier.

- Smart Key- These keys come with advanced features that are extremely beneficial to the driver. You’ll be paying a price for this though when having yours replaced.

4. Dealer or locksmith- Deciding between going to a locksmith or a dealership is your next step. Dealerships will no doubt be able to get you your new set of keys, but you’ll have to pay a pretty penny for it. Most locksmiths nowadays have the tools to fashion you a new replacement key depending on the age and make of your vehicle. Deciding which is the best option for you is all about doing some research- like seeing if they can do it, and how much they will charge.

Whether you chose a locksmith or a dealer you will need to have your:

Year, make, and model of vehicle
Registration
VIN number
Photo ID (to prove you are the owner)

The locksmith/dealer will be able to take it from there in getting you your new key replacement.

5. Purchase a spare key- The best way to save yourself the money, time, and stress of losing your car keys is to purchase a spare key ahead of time. Like right now. Find your key by make, model, and year and call us or whatsapp 08146282886

Desmond iyasara
MD/Ceo
http://advancedautodiagnosticsnigeria.com/

1 Like

Re: 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by Hashimyussufamao(m): 9:42pm On Oct 05, 2017
is that all?
Re: 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by ghettowriter(m): 9:50pm On Oct 05, 2017
I'll try to remember these, if ever I lost my car keys
Re: 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by desmond2pk: 10:19pm On Oct 05, 2017
Hashimyussufamao:
is that all?
What else do you want to know?
Re: 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by Hashimyussufamao(m): 10:41pm On Oct 05, 2017
desmond2pk:
What else do you want to know?
*how to make dangote fall 2billi 4my acct.
Re: 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by WhoDeyThere(m): 12:33am On Oct 06, 2017
good
Re: 5 Steps To Take When You Have Lost Your Car Keys by desmond2pk: 5:11am On Oct 06, 2017
Front page, mod.

(1) (Reply)

Sold Sold. Sweet Nija Used Sienna 2002 Model / Toyota 4runner Brain Box For Sale @30k 08061247273 / Very Clean 1st Body Camry Droplite Reg 4plugs For Jst 790k last.See Pix.....

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.