Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,798 members, 7,820,801 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 09:59 PM

Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation (1799 Views)

Who Knows Oxy Occidental Petroleum Corporation / Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (nnpc) Graduate Trainee Program 2019 / Nigerian National Petroleum Corporation (NNPC) SCHOLARSHIP 2019 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation by preshdiva(f): 8:53am On Oct 06, 2017
To say that I've applied for thousands of jobs is an understatement, or maybe an overstatement grin but the truth is, my sent folder on my gmail heavily outweighs my inbox. But that is not the point of this narrative.

Just yesterday, after I had a promising interview with a non governmental organization in Abuja, I received a too-good-to-be-true mail from DEVON ENERGY CORPORATION.

"Dear PRECIOUS ONYEKACHI OKOYE

This is to remind you again that we are yet to receive all the required documents as requested by our company .

Below is the link to the letter we previously sent to you

CLICK HERE TO READ THE LETTER

If you need any clarification contact us through the below contact number

Contact Person: Jude Asini
Phone:

We await to hear from you.

Thanks
Devon Energy
Corporation
Plot 1300 Akin Adesola,
Victoria Island, Lagos State
Nigeria."

Apparently, I had been shortlisted for a particular graduate internship with them, I hadn't submitted the required documents which included my degree certificate, Hse3, and Nebosch certificate. The deadline was on Friday, 6th October, 2017 and the monthly remuneration was a whooping 300k after being trained for 6 months.

As I always do, I searched for the company on dear Nairaland kiss but I didn't see any trace of fraud, this must be good, I thought. I googled the company and there they were, they had a working website. I was so ecstatic that I didn't observe that they had no Nigerian address.

I called one 'Jude Asini' who sent the mail, he said I am among the ten graduates selected for traineeship in the company and I have to submit the documents before 6th October. I wondered what History and International Studies had to do with an oil company but I brushed the thought aside, miracles do happen na. I explained to him that I wasn't in Lagos, I didn't have the training certificates and asked what I could do. The guy was hesitant at first but offered to send me to their accredited training institutes where I would get a supposed cover up slip which I would use for online training. I contacted the numbers he sent and the man on the other end congratulated me profusely for such a golden opportunity. He proceeded to inform me that I should pay 8k to a certain account number, after which they'd send me a cover up slip which I would send to the company.

The story had so many loopholes... I browsed my sent items folder, and didn't find any initial mail from them at all informing me that I was selected for a training program, I studied History and International Studies, and I didn't think a company would send you to an accredited institute to do HSE online, or how Hse1,2 and 3 would cost only 8000Ng, I became very skeptical and sent the contact to another friend who called the man and told him he was among the 10 people selected for the traineeship program and he would like to take the courses online. This Jude Asini promptly referred him to the same training institutes.

That was when I realized that it was really too good to be true cry cry, I thought i had landed an oil company job cry cry...

Pls beware of these scammers, they devise new means to defraud people everyday. Let unemployment not lead you into desperation.

Re: Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation by don4real18(m): 5:32pm On Nov 30, 2017
All these scammers go a long way to defraud unsuspecting victims... One must be very vigilant not to fall victim. You took the right step.
In other news, I am a building technology graduate with experience in construction looking for a job. I am skilled in oral and written communication, all ms suites, adobe creative suites, presentation etc. If you find any job that you feel I can do, holla @ me

1 Like

Re: Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation by potbelly(m): 8:45pm On Nov 30, 2017
It's good you've got good brains that goes with your beauty... wink

Cheers... cool
Re: Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation by XYZo: 3:10pm On Dec 06, 2017
Same was sent to me, but seeing this now, lol thank God for Nairaland cheesy
. Exactly the same message I just received right now lol.
preshdiva:
To say that I've applied for thousands of jobs is an understatement, or maybe an overstatement grin but the truth is, my sent folder on my gmail heavily outweighs my inbox. But that is not the point of this narrative.

Just yesterday, after I had a promising interview with a non governmental organization in Abuja, I received a too-good-to-be-true mail from DEVON ENERGY CORPORATION.

"Dear PRECIOUS ONYEKACHI OKOYE

This is to remind you again that we are yet to receive all the required documents as requested by our company .

Below is the link to the letter we previously sent to you

CLICK HERE TO READ THE LETTER

If you need any clarification contact us through the below contact number

Contact Person: Jude Asini
Phone:

We await to hear from you.

Thanks
Devon Energy
Corporation
Plot 1300 Akin Adesola,
Victoria Island, Lagos State
Nigeria."

Apparently, I had been shortlisted for a particular graduate internship with them, I hadn't submitted the required documents which included my degree certificate, Hse3, and Nebosch certificate. The deadline was on Friday, 6th October, 2017 and the monthly remuneration was a whooping 300k after being trained for 6 months.

As I always do, I searched for the company on dear Nairaland kiss but I didn't see any trace of fraud, this must be good, I thought. I googled the company and there they were, they had a working website. I was so ecstatic that I didn't observe that they had no Nigerian address.

I called one 'Jude Asini' who sent the mail, he said I am among the ten graduates selected for traineeship in the company and I have to submit the documents before 6th October. I wondered what History and International Studies had to do with an oil company but I brushed the thought aside, miracles do happen na. I explained to him that I wasn't in Lagos, I didn't have the training certificates and asked what I could do. The guy was hesitant at first but offered to send me to their accredited training institutes where I would get a supposed cover up slip which I would use for online training. I contacted the numbers he sent and the man on the other end congratulated me profusely for such a golden opportunity. He proceeded to inform me that I should pay 8k to a certain account number, after which they'd send me a cover up slip which I would send to the company.

The story had so many loopholes... I browsed my sent items folder, and didn't find any initial mail from them at all informing me that I was selected for a training program, I studied History and International Studies, and I didn't think a company would send you to an accredited institute to do HSE online, or how Hse1,2 and 3 would cost only 8000Ng, I became very skeptical and sent the contact to another friend who called the man and told him he was among the 10 people selected for the traineeship program and he would like to take the courses online. This Jude Asini promptly referred him to the same training institutes.

That was when I realized that it was really too good to be true cry cry, I thought i had landed an oil company job cry cry...

Pls beware of these scammers, they devise new means to defraud people everyday. Let unemployment not lead you into desperation.
Re: Graduate Internship With Devon Petroleum Corporation by Kingzy4pep(m): 5:16am On Dec 07, 2017
Good thing you were smarter than them.
This thread is supposed to hit front page in order to get many people enlightened. Seun

(1) (Reply)

Massive Job Recruitment At Edo University Iyamho / Cable Newspaper Limited Recruitment For A Graduate Assistant Administrative Offi / Very Cheap Two Bedroom Apartment For 300k Rent On Lagos Mainland.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.