Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,643 members, 7,809,415 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:10 AM

Homtom Ht50 - Phones (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Homtom Ht50 (42274 Views)

Which Is Better, Infinix Hot 5 Or Homtom HT50??? / Homtom S16: The Cheapest Android Phone With 18:9 Edge-less Display (N23,315) / If You Have A Homtom HT50 Please Come In (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Homtom Ht50 by Lonerider18: 9:46am On Jan 06, 2018
sheggsliveth:

Have updated mine

How long ago? And have you had any problems since?
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 10:40am On Jan 06, 2018
Good morning. My phone was at Dansaz-NG-express, now it's at Jumia's international shipping provider. I still don't understand their English o. I still no know exactly where my phone dey
Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 11:10am On Jan 06, 2018
Lonerider18:

How long ago? And have you had any problems since?

no problem with the update it's just 30mb update and I didn't even seen any changes
Re: Homtom Ht50 by blackiridis(m): 1:22pm On Jan 06, 2018
sheggsliveth:

Have updated mine
i never see update o
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Lonerider18: 4:48pm On Jan 06, 2018
Preciy8:
Good morning. My phone was at Dansaz-NG-express, now it's at Jumia's international shipping provider. I still don't understand their English o. I still no know exactly where my phone dey

Same happened to me. Maybe it's customs or sth. My phone spent 6 days there. Jumia can be really annoying
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Kaybaba5(m): 6:42pm On Jan 06, 2018
You people should calm down, you will surely get your phone. Its just a matter of time
Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 11:28am On Jan 07, 2018
PSP emulator works well, I don't play games but played God of war and it works perfectly
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Lonerider18: 8:20pm On Jan 07, 2018
Kaybaba5:
You people should calm down, you will surely get your phone. Its just a matter of time

Sure. But there is such a thing as too much time. My phone that got to Lagos since the 12th of December was ready for pickup in Ilorin on the 4th of this month
Re: Homtom Ht50 by EzekielMab(m): 12:59am On Jan 08, 2018
Hi guys , the charger just got spoilt , where can I get new charger because its selecting charger.

Expecting response soon
Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 7:00am On Jan 08, 2018
EzekielMab:
Hi guys , the charger just got spoilt , where can I get new charger because its selecting charger.

Expecting response soon

I think this will work output 5v 2A/7v charger
Re: Homtom Ht50 by blackiridis(m): 3:33pm On Jan 09, 2018
darepoju:
Guess I'm not so lucky after all.. My phone stopped working some minutes ago..screen went blank..(black) I'm so sad right now..seriously ...just 6 days something.. Sheggsliveth kaybaba5 bamac ustavo preciy8 called their line to register my horror.. Would take take 5 days to pick up...would take another 5 days to check the phone..then 14 days to refund..... Imagine tah
mine just went blank too. its official.. good specs good battery life. but poor product. ur own don good?
Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 5:14pm On Jan 09, 2018
blackiridis:
mine just went blank too. its official.. good specs go battery life. but poor product. ur own don good?

Does it on light when connected to charger or pc? Try to check if pc can detect it,it may be software problem just back mine up using Aladin tool and it also went blank but fix it with pc....is yours a software or hardware problem
Re: Homtom Ht50 by piscesgem(m): 6:51pm On Jan 09, 2018
Mine too did like going blank, the screen was fluctuating, I restarted several times, I have to find a way to increase the brightness of the phone, and it became normal till now
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 9:01pm On Jan 09, 2018
sheggsliveth:

Does it on light when connected to charger or pc? Try to check if pc can detect it,it may be software problem just back mine up using Aladin tool and it also went blank but fix it with pc....is yours a software or hardware problem

How did you fix it?
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 10:11pm On Jan 09, 2018
You should try resetting your phone by longpressing the power button, if it doesn't work then try power button plus volume down, if it doesn't work then power button plus volume up, then finally, power button plus volume up plus volume down. As long as the phone is still working, only just went blank, one should work. Or use PC as suggested by the other guy
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 10:12pm On Jan 09, 2018
BTW how long did y'all phones spend at Jumia Sorting Hub?
Re: Homtom Ht50 by blackiridis(m): 10:27pm On Jan 09, 2018
sheggsliveth:

notification light was on when charger was plugged i called the line it went tru... phone vibrates when i try to unlock tru fingerprint i then knew it's a bug I tried to switch it off couldn't, i try 3 fingers screenshot i could hear the sound.. Notification light was blinking cos i had a message then... finally i switched it off tongue restarted and d bloody device came on normal cheesy typed with it.

was planning on taking it to an engineer to remove the battery, put it back and switch on. i know it wasnt a screen problem. other guys facing same issue should try this 1st
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 10:49pm On Jan 09, 2018
blackiridis:
notification light was on when charger was plugged i called the line it went tru... phone vibrates when i try to unlock tru fingerprint i then knew it's a bug I tried to switch it off couldn't, i try 3 fingers screenshot i could hear the sound.. Notification light was blinking cos i had a message then... finally i switched it off tongue restarted and d bloody device came on normal cheesy typed with it.

was planning on taking it to an engineer to remove the battery, put it back and switch on. i know it wasnt a screen problem. other guys facing same issue should try this 1st

Congrats bro. I also knew it was a simple issue. So many people ditched their phone because of this.
Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 7:25am On Jan 10, 2018
Am a software engineer so I don't easily give up since its not damage.
Re: Homtom Ht50 by darepoju(m): 10:28am On Jan 10, 2018
EzekielMab:

Expecting response soon

hmmmmm.. i hope the device itself stays okay.. remember your ht50 in your prayers guys. grin grin grin grin
that phone na error
Re: Homtom Ht50 by darepoju(m): 10:30am On Jan 10, 2018
sheggsliveth:
Am a software engineer so I don't easily give up since its not damage.
there's no point crying over spilled milk sir, its not okay to start repairing a new device....
that phone has software issues, agreed..
i'd rather this bros return it o...since jumia will take it...
Re: Homtom Ht50 by darepoju(m): 10:35am On Jan 10, 2018
Preciy8:

Congrats bro. I also knew it was a simple issue. So many people ditched their phone because of this.

sir, i tried everything i could, went to youtube to check for possible solutions non of them worked.. i won't want to mention here that i oponed and remove the ba3; since i'm not supposed to do that... but i tried everything that phone didnt come up.. he's only lucky, and i pray that issu wont come aagain, amen
Re: Homtom Ht50 by darepoju(m): 10:37am On Jan 10, 2018
returned mine last friday, i pray myrefund comes easy. wont mind if it comeby february sef..
Re: Homtom Ht50 by droidinet(m): 11:16am On Jan 10, 2018
nice game

1 Like

Re: Homtom Ht50 by blackiridis(m): 1:35pm On Jan 10, 2018
darepoju:

sir, i tried everything i could, went to youtube to check for possible solutions non of them worked.. i won't want to mention here that i oponed and remove the ba3; since i'm not supposed to do that... but i tried everything that phone didnt come up.. he's only lucky, and i pray that issu wont come aagain, amen
amen o

1 Like

Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 5:37pm On Jan 13, 2018
I think is now am enjoying this phone now have learnt how to force 4g and 3g network now those that are using it will understand me better its annoying in most mtk devices. Even the 3g or 4g is one bar now it will never change to edge
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 5:24am On Jan 15, 2018
Started rocking mine. Good phone, But I thought the fingerprint could encrypt app.
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
blackiridis:
supported 4G bands

i use 4G on my 9Mobile

Why can't "4G" display on mine? Always getting "3G" or "E"
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Preciy8(m): 5:44pm On Jan 17, 2018
sheggsliveth:
I think is now am enjoying this phone now have learnt how to force 4g and 3g network now those that are using it will understand me better its annoying in most mtk devices. Even the 3g or 4g is one bar now it will never change to edge

How did you do it?
Re: Homtom Ht50 by sheggsliveth: 9:40pm On Jan 17, 2018
Preciy8:

How did you do it?

It support 4g only on MTN and 9mobile only Airtel doesn't have 4g while it doesn't support Glo 4g band.

download mtk engineer from playstore and click on MTK SETTINGS from the 3 options then click on NETWORK SELECTING to chose ur prefer settings.
Re: Homtom Ht50 by blackiridis(m): 6:58am On Jan 18, 2018
Preciy8:

Why can't "4G" display on mine? Always getting "3G" or "E"
goto MTK engineering mode and change it to 4G use this *#*#3646633#*#* goto Network selecting and change it
Re: Homtom Ht50 by Afeezoladapo(m): 2:58pm On Jan 18, 2018
New Homtom HT50 for sale. Price: 34K location: Ife, Osun state and Ondo 08168467744.

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (Reply)

Meaning Of G , E,H, H+,3G,4G And Their Maximum Download Speed Will Shock You / Cubot Dinosaur 4g Lte, 3gb, 16gb, 5.5", 4150mah / Relocating Soon Abroad What phone Should I buy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.