Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,196 members, 7,815,170 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:29 AM

Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? (2098 Views)

Why Do Nigerians Like Insulting And Hating On Other Africans For Nothing? / Mtn Fully Funded Scholarships 2018, For Africans To Study In Usa (bsc, Msc Phd) / Africans Attack DHL For Tweeting "Bushland" Africa Advert. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by Ainsky: 9:38pm On Oct 06, 2017
An honest question to the Somali lurkers here. Why do you hate other Africans? I saw a Somali thread from way back that spoke about how Somalis have nothing in common religiously/ culturally to black people. That is doing a disservice to the hundreds of millions of West African Muslims that are black. You say Somalis look different from other black people and they do. While most Somalis are dark skinned you have different facial features and hair to other Africans (Mainly because of massive migrations from Yemen.) However, non Somali/Ethiopian Africans have their own beauty. Saying their features are ugly is akin to white people saying Black skin is ugly. You say Somalians were not Enslaved but neither were several black countries in the East and South. The majority of slaves were taken from West Africa. The majority of soldiers that were taken to Europe fight world war 1 and 2 were from North Africa. Somalis may not have been enslaved but so many are refugees surviving due to the kindness of foreign lands. As for Slavery and Soldiers ? It was just what was more convinenient due to proximity. Somalia was colonized though. Just like most of Africa. You Say other Africans have so many issues but so does Somalia.

All in all I don't hate Somalis and I don't get why so many hate on other Africans. Like it or not you're stuck in Africa and all Africans have to work together regardless of race, religion or country in order to uplift the continent.
Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by Nobody: 7:37pm On Oct 07, 2017
Somalians once tried to laid waste of our great Christian Ethiopian civilization by teaming up with Hararis, Afars, Argobbas, Hadiyas and some other Muslims back in the 16th century AD.

We also fought in the 1970s. But I've no hate feeling towards them. There was one Somali man here in Nairaland whom I liked.

1 Like

Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by axum: 7:54pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hati13:
Somalians once tried to laid waste of our great Christian Ethiopian civilization by teaming up with Hararis, Afars, Argobbas, Hadiyas and some other Muslims back in the 16th century AD.

We also fought in the 1970s. But I've no hate feeling towards them. There was one Somali man here in Nairaland whom I liked.

I am the Somali brother that you speak of. I have no ill hate for my Ethiopian brothers and sisters.
Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by axum: 7:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Ainsky:
An honest question to the Somali lurkers here. Why do you hate other Africans? I saw a Somali thread from way back that spoke about how Somalis have nothing in common religiously/ culturally to black people. That is doing a disservice to the hundreds of millions of West African Muslims that are black. You say Somalis look different from other black people and they do. While most Somalis are dark skinned you have different facial features and hair to other Africans (Mainly because of massive migrations from Yemen.) However, non Somali/Ethiopian Africans have their own beauty. Saying their features are ugly is akin to white people saying Black skin is ugly. You say Somalians were not Enslaved but neither were several black countries in the East and South. The majority of slaves were taken from West Africa. The majority of soldiers that were taken to Europe fight world war 1 and 2 were from North Africa. Somalis may not have been enslaved but so many are refugees surviving due to the kindness of foreign lands. As for Slavery and Soldiers ? It was just what was more convinenient due to proximity. Somalia was colonized though. Just like most of Africa. You Say other Africans have so many issues but so does Somalia.

All in all I don't hate Somalis and I don't get why so many hate on other Africans. Like it or not you're stuck in Africa and all Africans have to work together regardless of race, religion or country in order to uplift the continent.

I don't know what to tell you man. I wish you didn't care what we think of you and just lived your life. I first came to this site, because there were pictures of somali women being shown (one of them was a close family members). RIP nairaland, this site has gone to shits since I left a couple of years ago.
Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by Nobody: 8:29pm On Oct 21, 2017
axum:

I am the Somali brother that you speak of. I have no ill hate for my Ethiopian brothers and sisters.
Thanks my fellow brothers or walal (this is the only Somali word I know wink ).

I had spoken to you in the past, but the person I'm referring is "Artank".

1 Like

Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by axum: 10:03pm On Oct 21, 2017
Hati13:

Thanks my fellow brothers or walal (this is the only Somali word I know wink ).

I had spoken to you in the past, but the person I'm referring is "Artank".

I see. Artank has left a long time ago.

How many Horners on here now? I was the first. Please pay respects to me.
Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by Nobody: 10:22pm On Oct 21, 2017
axum:

I see. Artank has left a long time ago.

How many Horners on here now? I was the first. Please pay respects to me.
Artank occasionally appeared here for about 2 months I think after his 2 years absent. He then said Bye and will not going to be online here to me and some others and disappeared again.

As far as I know, me, Ednited, Aksumawi2805 and some 2 other persons (I forgot their username) other than you.

I'm not disrespecting you. What are you talking about?
Re: Why Do Somalis Hate Other Africans? by axum: 9:53am On Oct 22, 2017
Hati13:

Artank occasionally appeared here for about 2 months I think after his 2 years absent. He then said Bye and will not going to be online here to me and some others and disappeared again.

As far as I know, me, Ednited, Aksumawi2805 and some 2 other persons (I forgot their username) other than you.

I'm not disrespecting you. What are you talking about?

This site has seen better days. It's almost as if my trolling kept this place alive.

(1) (Reply)

Graphic Video! A Nigerian Man Jumps From A Skyscraper / Pastor King To Be Hanged! / A Strange Fish Washed Ashore Eleko Beach(pics)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.