Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,196 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:28 AM

Have Someone Ever Betrayed Your Trust In Them At Some Point In Life? - Jokes Etc - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Jokes Etc / Have Someone Ever Betrayed Your Trust In Them At Some Point In Life? (531 Views)

Memes: List Of People That Think That They Have Made It In Life / Can You Trust A Nurse Whose Husband Sells Coffin? / When You Finally Meet That Nairalander Whose Post Is Always On Point (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Have Someone Ever Betrayed Your Trust In Them At Some Point In Life? by Anaboy: 10:22pm On Oct 06, 2017
Have someone ever betrayed your trust in them at some point in life? I guess if one is looking for some stuff that is capable of causing an emotional hazard, betraying ones trust I think houses it all.

Betrayal

Trust might take so long to be built, but only a moment to be destroyed. A fact I know about trust is that, when betrayed, might take a fortune to be rebuilt and if it is thus rebuilt its foundation might not be as rigid as that already collapsed.

Permit me to share an experience with you, just to get a clearer view and feel of trust when betrayed. Put yourself together then try to read with optimum concentration, that’s all required for my story.

My Betrayal Story

‘’It all happened some years back on a Sunday afternoon. At that time, I was in JSS 3. On my home from church, I ran into some of my hood friends, five of them to be specific.

After exchanging pleasantries, they told me that they were on their way to Emeka Offor Plaza there at Onitsha Main Market to buy a phone and that they did like me to come along with them.

I told them I couldn’t because I had no money on me. They all assured me never to worry myself as they got me covered, saying would take care of my transport. My brothers and sisters, that was just how I didn’t get home but followed my so called friends to Emeka Offor Plaza.

When we got there, the plaza was closed. We came across some security men around, who asked us to go home ,that the plaza don’t open on Sundays.

On our way back, we got to Upper Iweka and boarded a bus that was heading to Asaba. I and my friends were so carried away, chatting, laughing and singing inside the bus as we journeyed home. I was having fun and seriously enjoying every bit of it.

The joy was short lived because immediately we crossed the Niger Bridge; the bus conductor started the collection of money from passengers. My friends paid theirs, so as other passengers too.

Suddenly, the conductor stretched his hand towards me in a manner that says, ‘give me money’. I calmly told my friends to give him money and they all pretended they didn’t hear me. By this time, the conductor was getting so impatient.

‘Boy, give me my money now, you’re wasting my time’, the conductor thundered at me. ‘My friends are going to pay you’, I replied as politely as I could. ‘Who are your friends?’, he fired, even more angrily. I pointed at my friends and said, ‘please you guys should stop this joke, give him his money. The conductor now turned to my friends demanding for money.

‘Why are you asking me for money’, one of my friend said while addressing the conductor, ‘or haven’t I given you that of mine? If you know anybody seating on your vehicle and hasn’t paid you, do well to ask them for your money. Please I beg not to be disturbed again’.

I couldn’t believe my ears when I heard that, though I still kept my mood cool, as I still believed very much that my friends could be joking.

‘Guy, if we get to Asaba and you don’t give me my money, you won’t like what am going to do to you. Idiot, you haven’t got no cash, yet boarded a vehicle’, the conductor shouted at me, breathing heavily as if he would pounce on me that minute.

I turned to my friends, begged them until I was tied of begging. They only laughed at me without saying anything. Then it dawned on me that I was in for some deep shit.

When we got to the last bus stop, which was at Ogbeogonogo Moderm Market in Asaba, my friends all left me and headed home. When they left, the conductor took off the shirt I was wearing and asked me to go. All eyes were on me at such a market place, ‘how can I go home like this, what am I going to tell my parents when I get home? How would I explain going to church fully clothed and returning with a singlet, trousers and shoe’, I lamented.

I was still standing there when the bus moved away. I immediately went after the bus, running as fast as my legs could carry my body. I knew they would stop at a place to load passengers heading back to Onitsha.

I caught up with the bus, where it stopped to carry passengers. I started pleading with the driver in other to get my shirt returned. He looked at me for some time, I was not exactly sure what he was looking at in particular, was it my small sweaty face, was it my eyes that has now turned red or was it my tiny dusty legs. I can’t say for sure.

‘What really happened, why did you board my bus without having any money on you?’, the driver asked. With tears now developing in my eyes, I explained everything to him. ‘What a friends you’ve got, if they could do this to you, they aren’t good for you either, they could do worse things probably if care isn’t taken’, the driver said.

At this point, he gave me my shirt, ‘thank you sir, God bless’, I said, almost bursting into tears (Tears of gratitude I guess). ‘Is house far off from here?, let me know if I could support you with little cash to get you home’, he asked. ‘Sir, my house is a little bit far, but don’t worry, I could handle that, it’s my shirt that was important’, I replied before heading home”

Betraying trust is as evil as the devil himself. I would like a leave a little advice here- Through the journey of life, some mistakes are too expensive to make, as forgiving could be a little easier but not forgetting.

If only man could recall that mother earth still revolves round the sun, which implies that whatever goes around, comes back around. We can’t trust God without having little trust on man, why betray that trust?

Source: Millitime Lifestyle Blog http://www.millitime.com/category/lifestyle/

(1) (Reply)

Best Joke So Far / Nairaland Means The Land Full Of Naira? / Comedy:broda Shaggi Beat Anty Shaggi For Insulting Him

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.