Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,073 members, 7,811,011 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:38 PM

What Happens During A Yoruba Naming Ceremony/baby Dedication? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / What Happens During A Yoruba Naming Ceremony/baby Dedication? (799 Views)

Beautiful Photos From Alaafin Of Oyo's Naming Ceremony(photos) / Alaafin Of Oyo To Hold The Naming Ceremony Of His Two Set Of Twins On Same Day / Naming Ceremony Of Alaafin Of Oyo's Twins With Memunat (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Happens During A Yoruba Naming Ceremony/baby Dedication? by 4theloveofkj: 2:06am On Oct 07, 2017
I had already posted this question on the wrong section, but I wanted to ask out of curiosity what happens during a naming ceremony? I've seen in pictures and videos, that its common to wear native wear. I'm not Nigerian, so I'm trying to educate myself for when my son his born.

(1) (Reply)

MAN Kill Crocodile And Post With It. / Come And See Voodoo In Action, Masquerade Flying In The Air / Oluoke Celebrates One Year On The Throne

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 5
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.