Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,751 members, 7,809,874 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:26 PM

Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students (5055 Views)

Charterhouse: Why We Charge ₦42M Fees For Primary School Pupils — Lagos School / WAEC Increases Examination Fees To N18,000, Blames Inflation, COVID-19 / Aliko Dangote Donates N300m Business School To University Of Ibadan (UI) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Wizmike111(m): 3:30am On Oct 07, 2017
The Government of Borno State, on Friday, gave out N300 million to the West African Examination Council (WAEC) and the National Examination Commission (NECO), as payment of examination fees for its candidates.

[img]https://2.bp..com/-ZAMA41ndSxk/Wdf8uuTmmUI/AAAAAAAAKz8/Ac13igKCC_MS2qz2tKuOAoEtqvxvVYYpACLcBGAs/s1600/1507327002154.jpg[/img]

Commissioner for Education, Alhaji Musa Kubo, made the disclosure, in Maiduguri, while presenting the cheques to the agencies.

Kubo said that the payment was made to facilitate release of examination results of candidates who sat for the examinations in public schools in the state.

The commissioner said that the gesture was part of government’s efforts to support parents in payment of examination fees for their children.

Kubo added that the gesture would also assist students to secure university admission, noting that some 15, 623 students sat for the examinations in the state.

“We paid about N300 million to WAEC and NECO to enable them to release examination results of our students.
“I urge you to hasten release of the results so that students could access it on good time to pursue their admission,” he said.

WAEC and NECO had earlier withheld examination results for May/June 2017 and June/July 2017, respectively.

The examination bodies claimed that their action was necessitated following the inability of the state government to settle balance of the fees.

The action resulted to public outcry by students and parents who expressed the fear that their children could not get admission this academic year. (NAN)

Source: http://sunnewsonline.com/borno-pays-n300m-waec-neco-examination-fees-for-students/

1 Like

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Nobody: 3:58am On Oct 07, 2017
shocked

What a ridiculous rescue mission by the Governor of Borno state!

Why is he spending millions of naira on a people that has never seen education to be a treasure map?

That 300 million naira would have bought sophisticated and crude farming implements for agricultural engagements.

OR

He could have set up a kwilikwili & kunu manufacturing small scale factories for each of them.

WAEC & NECO is not important in that terrain.

Stop wasting public funds!

A zombie will always be a zombie, only a tiny fragment of them embrace redemption.

15 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by kingkardesh17(m): 3:59am On Oct 07, 2017
K oo but pls weren't they supposed to have settled weac since, but all the same it better late than never.
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Discharge(m): 7:26am On Oct 07, 2017
This money should be channelled into improving the educational quality/standards........better to have 1000 students qualified to write the examination than 10,000 who are not qualified.

5 Likes

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by niqqaclaimz(m): 7:26am On Oct 07, 2017
Ok
Dont forget to check this out,it did help me out
https://www.nairaland.com/4092389/how to earn $15 hourly working from home
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Papiikush: 7:27am On Oct 07, 2017
If you get to see the cheque issued for the payments, the thing no enter 250 million. I swear down grin
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by princechiemekam(m): 7:27am On Oct 07, 2017
Ok
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Ihebu4chelsea(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017
that's their business
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by BreezyCB(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017
Kudos

1 Like

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by donefezy: 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017
I smell lies
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by KxngKrypt(m): 7:28am On Oct 07, 2017

Not to promote tribalism, but all this money for students who'd rather marry Alhaji Musa or rear cattle?
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by dejonathan(f): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2017
Them go still prefer rearing cow than sitting for the free exam

Abi aboki ko ni
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Born2conquer: 7:30am On Oct 07, 2017
I need a Lawyer ASAP!

The company I am working for is OWING me my 3months salary!
_
And because I work from home they no longer respond to my messages.
_
And when they reply it is to say "Calm down,we're trying to confirm if you're really working" for the past 3months!
_
When it is glaring we're Working!
_
It seems the Company just hired us to use and dump us!
_
And this so called company have been hiring AMBASSADORS almost every week!
_
Why don't they wanna pay us? They probably think there is nothing we CAN do .. because we're just a surviving citizens with no VOICE!
_
I NEED A LAWYER..and I have proofs
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Amarabae(f): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2017
Nice gesture shettima
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Ramanto(m): 7:30am On Oct 07, 2017
What an incentive! Good gesture. I just hope the indigenes will embrace it
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by dionysus7: 7:31am On Oct 07, 2017
KunkAcid:
shocked

Why is he spending millions of naira on a people that has never seen education to be a treasure map?

That 300 million naira would have bought sophisticated and crude farming implements for agricultural engagements.

OR

He could have set up a kwilikwili & kunu manufacturing small scale factories for each of them.

A zombie will always be a zombie, only a tiny fragment of them embrace redemption.

lol read the post...everyone deserves education regardless of geographical location, ethnic or cultural backgrounds, everyone!
see the effect of education on you that you think you deserve it...you just took the word educated illiterate to the next level

7 Likes

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Nbote(m): 7:31am On Oct 07, 2017
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Egein(m): 7:31am On Oct 07, 2017
Good stuff! Also, redirect the Hajj funding to Education and you'll begin to see trickles of positive change.
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Oladipo1166(m): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2017
seen
next?

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Amarabae(f): 7:32am On Oct 07, 2017
KunkAcid:
shocked

OR

you are not making any sense in this ur comment,
so they dont deserve education or what?

2 Likes

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Boyooosa(m): 7:34am On Oct 07, 2017
If d govt is doing this much what is redeemed and winners doing to complement this effort?
These churches no dey even remember how missionaries take establish christianity in Nigeria and how how dem take win souls for Christ. Instead na private university wey mekunu no go fit afford na him dem go dey rush go build, that is why daddy freeze dey call dem yahoo pastors sef embarassed

2 Likes

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by iamchybs(m): 7:37am On Oct 07, 2017
good news for ones from that area
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by talk2percy(m): 7:37am On Oct 07, 2017
Whattt☹ this is sheer wastage! 300miii This man u sure say u no divert some of those cash to private account?[/b][b]
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by miarhpe: 7:38am On Oct 07, 2017
KunkAcid:
shocked

OR

My fellow Nigerian and nairalander, on this matter the optics matter.

You See it from a perspective of them not wanting to go to school. Do you know the difference this would make? the child that had a brilliant head but meagre profits from kunu couldn't pay for waec or the child that availed himself/herself an opportunity to make something out of life because of this motivation.

For some of these chaps finance is a huge factor for not continuing their desired education. Imagine pesin like me Wen dey fine 4million to take go Lagos business school come see grant Abi opportunity like this? Na to dive am use my grandma anointing pray for the kind heart when God use.

So no reason the matter. e fit be say the government dey use am encourage them make them go school.

Any which say, so far government no chop the money enrol 20 pipo shildren say na 800 dem enrol, I support them.

danke
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by iceboy4752(m): 7:39am On Oct 07, 2017
KunkAcid:
shocked

OR

As a northerner, I strongly disagree with your vitriolic comment.
I believe the north will rise from its shackles of darkness and ignorance if more time is invested on education. The move made by Kashim Shetimma, the Borno state governor should be commended and not condemned. Till today, the greatest thing my parents ever gave to me is formal erudition.

1 Like

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Judolisco(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2017
300m for Pple who do not want or value western education but can drive western cars fly on western aircraft and so on u for don use d money buy food fr them
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by kay29000(m): 7:40am On Oct 07, 2017
iNTERESTING.
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by AlexCk: 7:44am On Oct 07, 2017
300million for 15+k students??

Even for those that go to private schools too??

Well, that's abt 2k per student, if u consider statistics, but i don't believe them
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Peacefulgold(m): 7:51am On Oct 07, 2017
I'm not sure d total number of people in borno as a whole is up to 15,000,and governor is paying for 15000 plus candidates, u sure say their cow sef never follow write waec and neco...dis one na better scam to move govt. money..
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by MVLOX(m): 7:54am On Oct 07, 2017
Yet a state like Delta can't pay workers talk more of paying examination fees for its student..... Shame on my state.....

1 Like

Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by mechanics(m): 8:09am On Oct 07, 2017
A welcome development.
Re: Borno Govt Pays N300m WAEC, NECO 2017 Examination Fees For Students by Syphonn(m): 8:14am On Oct 07, 2017
Fraudsters are all over the world. You can walk into their nests if you are not mindful of how you do things that relate to your finances. So what would you do? Would you rather protect your debit card against fraud or are you going to enrich on someone else without your notice?
With debit cards, however, it becomes an entirely different. You have to safeguard them very well with the mentality that thieves are all over. They have the capacity to take money directly from your accounts. That is why they are the major targets.

READ MORE
http://www.busygisting.com/ways-to-protect-your-debit-card-against-fraudsters/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Application For Tuition Free University In Norway Is On / What The Name Of Your Primary School. Find Your School Mates Now. / Miriam Ikejiani-Clark (Professor) Of UNN Is Dead

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.