Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,226 members, 7,818,770 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:39 AM

Credit Card fraud - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Credit Card fraud (2796 Views)

The Difference Between A Credit Card And A Debit Card / Help Firstbank Nairamaster Card Fraud / Ineterswitch And Gtb Atm Card Fraud Alert (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Credit Card fraud by pendelite(f): 10:45pm On Dec 20, 2005
An innocent conversation leads us to believe that a lot of youth are involved in a major crimes (identity theft and credit card fraud) and do not even understand the impact the crime is having on innocent victims around the world. A transcript follows:

Major parts of the conversation have been edited out, and names have be changed .

Me: so what do you do online?
Netuser: i am looking for informations
Me: on?
Netuser: these
Me: what is these?
Netuser: Fresh Full Info with the following information: First Name Middle Initial Last Name Street Address City State Zip Code **Home Phone Number **Email Address Date of Birth Mothers Maiden Name Social Security Number Drivers Liscense Number and the full creditcard informations
Netuser: <ding>
Me: I c, good luck
Netuser: i want to use it to buy a book
Me: a book on what?
Netuser: on anatomy
Me: so u r a student?
Netuser: yes
Me: of?
Me: where?
Netuser: Obafemi Awolowo University
Me: OAU Ife
Me: studying what?
Netuser: medicine
Me: so u wil be a doctor someday
Me: and you are looking for fresh full information?
Me: is that good?
Me: what is your real name anyway Netuser: d**o
Netuser: all i need from it is just $20
Netuser: and i will replace it with $5000
Me: so why is a young person like you fooling around looking for complete info?
Netuser: i want to open a website for myself
Me: to do what?
Netuser: listen
Netuser: i saw an article on the net
Me: yes
Netuser: that there is a way to increase the credit limit to $5000
Netuser: so doing that
Netuser: i will not tamper with the owner of the cards money
Me: I'm sure you have better things to do, you will not only tamper with their money you will create additional obligations for them
Me: which they cannot escape
Netuser: oh
Me: oh

Continues……

This individual has been mistakenly informed that as long as she does not use the person’s money on the card, she is not tampering with them, that is, it will have no effect on that person. The truth is that the effect can be quite devastating.

If she succeeds in getting the information she requires and obtains the credit line she is seeking, she will have created an obligation for the person whose information she used. If they are unable to pay, she would have irreparably damaged their credit worthiness, not to talk about the effect it will have on their identity (theft of identity).

The point of this posting is

1. There is no such thing are borrowing an identity, it is identity theft.
2. There is no such thing as being a proxy borrower, it is financial theft.

How would you like someone use your name to enter into an obligation you know nothing about, can you imagine the impact on your life. Please do not engage in credit card fraud.

There are many innovative young Nigeria people that have setup e-commerce websites only to be hit by fraudulent cards for which they lost their goods and are stuck with refunding money to credit card companies. It is not only the ‘MUGU” suffering, you could be a victim too.

Ignorance is no excuse under the law.
Re: Credit Card fraud by smartsoft(m): 12:32am On Dec 22, 2005
See Men.. Not Only that.. this guys go as far as Changing IP address and it shows that they are in US With you.. But one thing they lack is " English"  Because.. The white guys know the different between.. American English and British.. no doubt if you are an American, they are some funny words you will say and they will probably know you from American.. rather outside US.. so this Nigerian people don't know that !

Now, for instance if you are buying a Domain name with a geniue Card, let say the card is coming from STB or one of these banks in Nigeria, no doubt you IP shows you are in Nigeria, and before filling information.. to the Website, Scroll down and you will find out that Your Nigeria IP is been marked..

So when the Order goes through the Server and it confirmed You card is good, And after that they check the IP and they found out that Your IP says Nigeria, they will totally cancel your Order.

Now another thing is...this people using someone else card, if they are buying something like book like the guy or girl that wants to buy book.. just check it out.. he/she is going to send that rubbish down here to nigeria and at the end of the day.. the billing address will be in US why shipping Address will be Nigeria, is that not funny

Another thing is... Most Merchant Don't  bloody care.. now if they process your Order and they find out that their is money in the Credit Card, and the thier systems saying Credit Card Valid and thier is money in it, the company will reduct their money and send you goods to Nigeria.. thats why u see some of the nigerians..buy things, and is been shipped to nigeria, and when you asked them.. they tell you that they bought it from the internet.. so those people in US don't bloody care.. thats some companies over there.. Expect those ones who got reputation to protect.

Well thats it is... Man..
Re: Credit Card fraud by pendelite(f): 5:06pm On Dec 23, 2005
Let me make the point clearer, look at this site on the web http://www.prepaidnigeria.com, I can show you a few more.
A wonderful idea but will likely close down because the same customers he wanted to serve, used bogus credit cards and stolen Paypal accounts to buy his product and like my earlier post, he unfortunately has to eat the cost. The credit card companies are designed not to suffer the loss.

In response to smartsoft, most online merchants will not ship to Nigeria; sometimes it is not their choice but their insurance company or card processor. If you find some that will ship to you then you are indeed lucky. Getting those cards and hoping to shop online is at the least a joke...
Re: Credit Card fraud by smartsoft(m): 12:42pm On Dec 24, 2005
Well to what you have said men, i have seen ppl who bought that with that.. and it was shipped directly to them.. with the help of Fedex Man, or UPS Delivety Van.. Now When you ask them.. they tell you that what do u want them to do.. Cos no job for them out there..! That they have to get it and resell it in nigeria.. Okay Ask them, What is in the Package, To my greatest suprise.. what heard was.. Hard Drive.., now How many pieces.. 100ps. Of hard Drive.. Now they are going striaght to Computer villaage to go dispose the Hard-drive..

How much each... 5k Each.. depends On the Gigabyte or what ever.. .. You can see what i meant huh

This is all bullshit. men
Re: Credit Card fraud by PrepaidNG(m): 12:30am On Jan 04, 2006
The solution to credit card fraud world-wide is for Visa, Mastercard etc to emulate Nigeria's Interswitch ATM/Debit card. It is one card I have worked with that is 100% fraud-free. The simple reason for this is that the card works as an ATM.

Whether you are drawing cash from the ATM, paying a merchant for a physical purchase, or paying online, you are always prompted for your secret PIN.

The PIN!! That's the answer! Even if some crook stole your card, it is very unlikely they steal your PIN.

It has worked wonderfully so far in Nigeria.

www.Prepaidnigeria.com - A better way to recharge.
Re: Credit Card fraud by LoverBwoy(m): 5:21am On Jan 04, 2006
i think they are planning to introduce that this year it was on test last year...nigeria getting all these technology late is lucky as it will only apply tred n tested products in the world.....its not at da frontrunner just n apply researched technology ')
Re: Credit Card fraud by pendelite(f): 5:39pm On Jan 06, 2006
The solution to credit card fraud world-wide is for Visa, Mastercard etc to emulate Nigeria's Interswitch ATM/Debit card. It is one card I have worked with that is 100% fraud-free. The simple reason for this is that the card works as an ATM.

You must be kidding? I cannot divulge confidential information here, but have you ever considered why visa etc does not let you use your PIN online, or do you think that are stupid having been on the business for over 50 years? You will son discover what will happen to all your money in your bank account with that Interswitch solution hahahahaha.

Please do not use YOUR PIN ONLINE. To authorize it means that the server in question has to verify the pin somewhere, that location can be hacked by simply looking at where the message Is pointed to or intercepted. If that happens your ENTIRE BANK ACCOUNT will be wiped clean. Interswitch does not have a clue angry

Take it from the EXPERT lipsrsealed cry
Re: Credit Card fraud by PrepaidNG(m): 6:49pm On Jan 06, 2006
But from a technical perspective, Interswitch's method is superior for the
simple reason that data collection and authentication takes place on a
single machine (Interswitch's) rather than on every merchant's machine.
What that means is you only need to bother to make one machine
hacker-proof...

Every machine in the world is theoretically hackable. What we measure
is how hard it is to hack.... With Visa, Mastercard, every merchant touches
the data before it is sent to Gatewa. That's very bad for the integrity of
the data...

Now Pendelite, we know you are an expert and we want you to promise,
right on this forum that you will play fair. Remember, cheaters never win!!

Re: Credit Card fraud by pendelite(f): 7:33pm On Jan 06, 2006
Now is that fair kiss
The problem is always on the computer you use to originate the transaction. How safe is it? a tip, look for what running in the task manager. (Ctrl-Alt-Del) there are trojans, keyloggers etc....... and most people use cybercafe's anyway, so the person that you used it a minute ago could have planted a bug.
So please be careful or create a special account for online transaction and if it gets fleeced, dont worry about it

ps: Prepaid, are you always everywhere?
Y u dey follow me?
Re: Credit Card fraud by Laptopsell(m): 12:28pm On Dec 26, 2007
the nest issue is how to prevent and stop credit card fraud.
Re: Credit Card fraud by Nobody: 9:26am On Jul 22, 2012
Lol @ psyisback. The thread was about you guys and there you are again plying your trade.

(1) (Reply)

Where Should I Invest This Money? / Is 50m Naira Considered Rich In Nigeria / List Of Paypal Countries Supporting Card Withdrawal And Alternative US Bank

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.