Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,604 members, 7,809,211 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:25 AM

7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment (856 Views)

Photo Of A Mosque Beside A Church In Jos / When To Be Silent In 20 Situations / Shiite Muslims In Jos Celebrate Christmas In A Church With Christians Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by Nobody: 11:04pm On Oct 07, 2017
7 Awkward Situations in a Church Environment

Maybe it's as a result of my religious upbringing but I usually find any of the below ridiculous when I catch sight of it in any local assembly:

Awkward is when it makes you feel 'somehow' cheesy

See some of mine;

1. Pastor calling for "fund raisers" and no one is coming out

I'm always like, 'Pastor, e don do.' Must you keep reducing the money to discover their level? I feel you should just give without being coerced. No wonder I quickly got bonded to Winners Chapel wink

2. A guy testifying of being free from self-servicing

It's disgusting so I feel like he's washing his dirty linen in public. Who testifies he's been free of it just immediately after the Pastor laid hands on him? Is that how the spirit leaves nowadays? This one is not, 'Once i was b lind, Now i can see' kinda testimony o.
You've got to give it time and keep desisting from acts that will tempt you...Shek front page; You wee see one boobilicious lady...causing wahala upandan...Everyday temptation will come but you've got to consciously desist
For months or years, before you can say you have won...Even at that, you've got to keep your spiritual life up. "My broda go an sit down joor."

3. That old rugged man praying more than the prayer leader.

Prayer leader will lead prayer for us all to pray, one rugged evangelist will just take it personal. Blowing tongues and even praying more than the prayer leader and all us combined. In that case, I kukuma sit down so he can intercede for us all.

4. The woman whose baby won't stop crying and everybody seems unperturbed except you.

Am I the only that isn't used to such distraction during sermon? Maybe.

5. The lady who dresses unclad always going out and coming in

How would only you be going out and coming in anyhow? Is your bladder that weak? Or are you trying to advertise something?

6. Sitting close to a lady whose unpacked attachment keeps blowing towards your face because of the fan and it doesn't really smell nice

Self explanatory smiley

7. The partially 'retard' guy who hasn't taken bath for days sitting close to you believing God for a miracle.

Oh Lord, please heal him fast. I can't take this no more. This is when you'll be wishing you brought body deodorant to church. The usher that directed him to my seat must be wickid!

So far, that's my discovery. You can share yours as well.

1 Like

Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by pimpchi(m): 11:09pm On Oct 07, 2017
I was here, incase.... Winks
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by cosby02(m): 11:15pm On Oct 07, 2017
pimpchi:
I was here, incase.... Winks
incase of

Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by adepeter2027(m): 11:17pm On Oct 07, 2017
It's been a while I entered that business centre called church óò.
Anyways, you no lie sha op even tho the thread lack humour
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by daveP(m): 11:42pm On Oct 07, 2017
lol. aunty enter soosi late to be noticed. only the noticement yielded no fruit after service.
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by internationalman(m): 11:52pm On Oct 07, 2017
big booty usher who keeps standing in front of u

1 Like

Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by Bekwarra(m): 3:04am On Oct 08, 2017
Head slammers will soon be here
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by Nobody: 3:09am On Oct 08, 2017
adepeter2027:
It's been a while I entered that business centre called church óò.

Anyways, you no lie sha op even tho the thread lack humour
smiley
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by enilove(m): 4:42am On Oct 08, 2017
What do we stand to gain in this ?

If this was what the apostles were busy writing , would you have believed in the Gospel.

It just doesn't edify .
it does not instruct and improve in moral and religious knowledge by telling us types of people in church.

Tell us things that will make us to fear God and live holy.
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by hopefulLandlord: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2017
let me buy this land
Re: 7 Awkward Situations In A Church Environment by hopefulLandlord: 5:10am On Oct 08, 2017
Hier, I sight you

(1) (2) (Reply)

True Story: My Mum, Neighbour, Aunty, Childhood Friend Are My Enemies / The Sincere Seeker Of Truth / Banned On FACEBOOK For Saying That Oyinbos Are Wicked.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.