Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,749 members, 7,817,077 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 03:35 AM

Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? (407 Views)

How Pastor Slept With My Mother With Promise Of Automatic Ticket To Heaven / There Is No Heaven & Hell - Pastor Abosom As He Abandons His Christian Faith / Do You Ask God If She Is Your Wife Or Not before considering Marriage? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 11:25am On Oct 08, 2017
would you have worshipped God if there were no promise of heaven /hell?
Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by VeeBuzzer(f): 11:27am On Oct 08, 2017
funny question.
I still would, but would probably not be serious about it like I am now I guess.
Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by aysuprano(m): 11:29am On Oct 08, 2017
with promise of heaven and hell sef Wetin I Don do
I no say dem go redeploy me go heaven if I go hell...like nysc
Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by hopefulLandlord: 11:30am On Oct 08, 2017
Interesting
Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by psalmson001: 11:41am On Oct 08, 2017
With all sincerity, its a big NO. The promise of heaven/hell is the driving force behind our worshiping God. Take is or leave it.

1 Like

Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by Nobody: 11:45am On Oct 08, 2017
Religious 'morality' is borne out of fear and not love. Fear of an unimaginable, terrible punishment from a supposedly 'all loving' fictional character god. If you must have imaginary friends, please. . .learn to do the right thing out of love for your fellow human being and the good of humanity as a whole. Not because you're scared of being punished.

1 Like

Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by adepeter2027(m): 11:46am On Oct 08, 2017
Sincerely, many people worship god cos de don't wanna end up in hell.
Fear - a very manipulative tool of many religions

2 Likes

Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by bloodofthelamb(m): 12:17pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ezechinwa:
would you have worshipped God if there were no promise of heaven /hell?
BELIEVERS WILL INHERIT THE EARTH NOT HEAVEN...MOREOVER, I DO NOT WORSHIP GOD TO EARN SOMETHING...I WORSHIP AND THANK HIM BECAUSE HE(GOD ALL POWERFUL, ALL GRACIOUS, ALL MERCIFUL) HAS ALREADY GIVEN ME ALL THINGS THROUGH CHRIST JESUS HIS LIVING WORD...I PRAY YOU UNDERSTAND.
Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by Vivly(f): 12:22pm On Oct 08, 2017
Yes. I've never thought about heaven and hell. My aim is to enjoy God's blessings here on earth. If heaven comes, better. If hell, at least I enjoyed earth.
Re: Would You Have Worshipped God If There Were No Promise Of Heaven /hell? by OtemAtum: 12:36pm On Oct 08, 2017
I was worshipping Yahweh because I was brought up that way. If I had been born in India, I would have been worshipping Vishnu. However, all our so called worshipping God are just mere waste of precious times, because we didn't actually worship GOD ALMIGHTY who is the summation of all things, but we worship some fragments of him who are now going into extinction. You say you are worshipping God, but you are actually worshipping Yahweh a rebellious personality, hmm. What a waste of time!

The three golden rule:

Use your brain
Worship no god
Do good to humanity

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Does It Mean That God Is Infinite? / Worship At Christ Embassy Online Church / Nairaland Umrah 2017 group

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.