Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,533 members, 7,819,914 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:30 AM

"Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / "Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion (1249 Views)

Archbishop Idahosa: Thou Shall Not Suffer A Witch To Live By Leke Beecroft / Suffer Not The Witch To live / Lady Stripped Unclad, Tied To A Pole After 'Confessing Of Being A Witch'. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

"Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion by deedan9(m): 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2017
Today Sunday 08/10/207, I read a thread about praying for the death of an enemy. I came across somewhere among the comments where it was written "Thou shall not suffer the witch to live." Because of this, I made a quick search on Google in order to know the Bible verse. The Bible verse is Exodus 22:18.

From the details on the photo, it is obvious that the quoted "Thou shall not suffer the witch to live" was based on the witch-hunt in Europe.

The curiosity about this particular sentence compel me to ask if the sentence connotes or do not agree with biblical basis.

Re: "Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion by whitebeard(m): 4:37pm On Oct 08, 2017
I watched the documentary of that witch hunt and the king had reasons for the witch hunt..
Re: "Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion by deedan9(m): 4:53pm On Oct 08, 2017
whitebeard:
I watched the documentary of that witch hunt and the king had reasons for the witch hunt..

According to Google, It was "Superstitious"
Re: "Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion by whitebeard(m): 4:54pm On Oct 08, 2017
deedan9:

"According to the site that posted it on Google", It was "Superstitious"
besides, google only gives u answers posted by people.
Re: "Suffer Not The Witch To Live" - Google's Opinion by OtemAtum: 4:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
Ignorance is witch and wizard. The witch hunt was done when Europe hasn't become as civilised as they are right now. Now it should be, 'thou shall not disturb a so-called witch with die by fire prayer."

(1) (Reply)

What Makes Christianity The One True Religion Of God? / "Why Does God Command That Infants Should Be Dashed Upon The Rocks"? / Avoid Those Whose Teachings Do Not Make You Flee From Sin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.