Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,740 members, 7,809,833 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 PM

Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? (411 Views)

Dangote Refinery: Nigeria Can Save Over $3bn Annually From Product Importation / Has Anyone Benefited From The Nirsal AGSMEIS Loan? / Who Has Heard About Ishiba And Who Has Benefited (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? by Partnerbiz3: 8:20pm On Oct 08, 2017
Given that we are in Nigeria, where ordinary things are luxuries, I wonder if anyone here has ever bought a product with warranty and benefited from the same within the warranty period.

For instance, I have an LG home theatre bought barely 8 months ago and rarely used too.

It came with 2 years pan african warranty. It seems the power IC is now bad because it doesn't power anymore. Noticed this 4 days ago.

I am considering taking it to the seller and also contemplating on what to do should he come with unfavourable terms.

Re: Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? by Partnerbiz3: 8:27pm On Oct 08, 2017
satos123:
I bought LG plasma TV at shoprite within a year the TV just suddenly blanked off, my wife took it back to LG office where she was asked to pay ninety eight thousand naira naira #98k to repair a product I bought at eighty three thousand naira #83k at shoprite irrespective of the fact that the warranty on the product has not expired. It is really absurd.
Re: Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? by Partnerbiz3: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
thesicilian:

Get a lawyer to go see them on your behalf. I bet you - they'll come crawling on their knees. That's, of course, if the fault is not from you.
Re: Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? by Partnerbiz3: 8:28pm On Oct 08, 2017
GogetterMD:
LG products carry a 2 year pan-African warranty, and they answer to warranty calls. What you are supposed to do is get the customer care number of their warranty centre, call them, and they could either ask you to bring it down or they come to your home to fix it, depending on the device. I had an issue with a LED TV still under warranty, took it there, and it was fixed free. Also had an issue with a washing machine (actually it was my fault cause rats gained assess into the machine and chewed the wures) but they fixed it for free
Re: Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? by Partnerbiz3: 7:49am On Oct 09, 2017
Waiting oo
Re: Ever Benefited From Product Warranties? by Partnerbiz3: 4:41am On Oct 31, 2017

(1) (Reply)

No More Crazy Bill - Ikeja Electricity Consumers To Heave Sigh Of Relief / Six things you must do in 2018 to put your business on top / Social Shopper Website - You do not need Facebook or Twitter to thrive

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.