Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,739 members, 7,824,106 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 11:11 PM

Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal - Business (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal (15833 Views)

Cement Firm Builds N11b Power Plant / Ibeto Cement Firm Set For Listing In US Stock Market / Dangote Considers Bid For South African Cement Firm (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by joebeckz(m): 10:48am On Oct 09, 2017
Dont mind the guy i quoted, he didnt know what he was saying...
Thanks for affirming my contribution.
good day Emmanuel.
emmanuelewumi:

CC Okika the biggest distributor of Dangote cement in 2016, won Dangote's cash prize of N190 million. Okika is an Igbo man
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by symbianDON(m): 11:05am On Oct 09, 2017
Esseite:
Did you notice how all notable top executives of dangote are expatriates and very sound Nigerians?

No national quota system because he wants the best and to deliver the best. In the long run every of his staff from different diverse group benefits.

Why cant we treat our nation as our own very organization.

Decades after decades We keep hearing of the muritalas, the yar aduas, the sarakis, the dantata's, the tinubus, the atikus, the buharis, the obsanjos etc.

Greatness and glory keeps shifting from one generation of randoms to another, but Nigeria has failed to seek and harness that in random individuals, rather we stick with those whom it has left their family.
God bless you my brother!
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Bullhari007(m): 11:29am On Oct 09, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Nobody is preventing ibeto from thriving. A successful trader is different from a successful manufacturer.

Dangote, and a hand-full of Nigerian cabal, set-up and control the Nigerian economy together, they cement the masses in permanent poverty. Dangote, the world’s 40th richest man was described by the US according to wikileaks reports as operating a “ Beggar-thy-countrymen ” ie- get rich by turning Nigerians into beggars,
the government enforced advantages and monopolies and the destruction of all competition by government stooges, dangote is the greatest benefactor of Nigeria’s corrupt over the years, Aliku Dangote, is embodiment of corruption itself, he establishes himself in unimaginable wealth, and then buys press to placate the masses by making them believe that a few ‘slave-labor’ employments and charities define him as different, patriotic and benevolent. Dangote did not invest in Nigeria, Dangote uses Nigeria. Nigeria’s governments deposited the nations resource in Dangote. so why won't him thrive more than others
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 11:35am On Oct 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
then let him allow ibeto to thrive... shut your mouth we all know how the man survive
Which Ibeto? The one that prioritize importing cement instead of resuscitating moribund Ebonyi cement?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 11:40am On Oct 09, 2017
Obiwiz:

dem no go give am free run at most things there. No gov't assisted monopoly or advantage over competitors. He's afraid of the competition. See why I think he's a state-made billionaire? Anyway, success na success. whether by luck or hard work.
cescky:
Are you cretins running mad? Which government monopoly is he enjoying in Nigeria? He is one of the leading cement manufacturers in South Africa already so how is he afraid of competition?
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 11:50am On Oct 09, 2017
emmanuelewumi:

Ibeto was banned after the period of grace given to cement traders to establish cement manufacturing plants.

Prior to the coming of Obj 90% of cements were imported. Obasanjo gave a period of grace to Lafarge, Dangote, Folawiyo, Flour Mills, Ibeto to increase their manufacturing capacities.

Full time cement traders like Dangote, Folawiyo, Ibeto , BUA were asked to move from trading to manufacturing.

Manufacturers like Lafarge, Flour Mills ie Unicem.Ashaka, Benue cement, Northern Nigeria Cement were told to increase their manufacturing capacities.

Among the full time cement and it only Dangote and BUA that truly moved into Cement manufacturing.

Where are the quarries and plants of Ibeto?

Trading creates few jobs and also kills industries, that is why we have to give to Dangote who is the biggest cement manufacturer in Africa.
Dangote cement currently employs almost 18000 workers in Africa.
All the listed cement traders enjoyed tax holidays due to government government Backward integration policy on cement manufacturing, non of them invest much of their gains from government tax holidays on cement importation like dangote did in cement manufacturing and all these cretins are everywhere shouting dangote monopoly.
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 11:52am On Oct 09, 2017
Bullhari007:

Dangote, and a hand-full of Nigerian cabal, set-up and control the Nigerian economy together, they cement the masses in permanent poverty. Dangote, the world’s 40th richest man was described by the US according to wikileaks reports as operating a “ Beggar-thy-countrymen ” ie- get rich by turning Nigerians into beggars,
the government enforced advantages and monopolies and the destruction of all competition by government stooges, dangote is the greatest benefactor of Nigeria’s corrupt over the years, Aliku Dangote, is embodiment of corruption itself, he establishes himself in unimaginable wealth, and then buys press to placate the masses by making them believe that a few ‘slave-labor’ employments and charities define him as different, patriotic and benevolent. Dangote did not invest in Nigeria, Dangote uses Nigeria. Nigeria’s governments deposited the nations resource in Dangote. so why won't him thrive more than others
I underestimate the level of your stupidity at first.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Obiwiz(m): 12:37pm On Oct 09, 2017
realjoker:
cescky:
Are you cretins running mad? Which government monopoly is he enjoying in Nigeria? He is one of the leading cement manufacturers in South Africa already so how is he afraid of competition?
lol..... say anything you want to say online. Intellectually, me and you no be mates. No need to start arguing with you... Your quick resort to dirty language shows your brain is short on RAM.
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 2:09pm On Oct 09, 2017
Obiwiz:

lol..... say anything you want to say online. Intellectually, me and you no be mates. No need to start arguing with you... Your quick resort to dirty language shows your brain is short on RAM.
After all the balderdash you have been bringing forward as argument on this thread you still think you are sound intellectually? What an insult to intellectualists grin grin
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Bullhari007(m): 2:32pm On Oct 09, 2017
realjoker:
I underestimate the level of your stupidity at first.
I can understand your level of zombism
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Obiwiz(m): 3:53pm On Oct 09, 2017
realjoker:
After all the balderdash you have been bringing forward as argument on this thread you still think you are sound intellectually? What an abuse to intellectualists grin grin
First response to an issue, and you have to use disrespectful words, then I'm very correct to rate you low in reasoning. Sounds harsh, but na d truth.
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 4:22pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
I can understand your level of zombism
OK agreed.
Answer this first, for me to assess the level of your insanity.
Which government monopoly is he enjoying in Nigeria? He is one of the leading cement manufacturers in South Africa already so how is he afraid of competition?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 4:24pm On Oct 09, 2017
Obiwiz:

First response to an issue, and you have to use disrespectful words, then I'm very correct to rate you low in reasoning. Sounds harsh, but na d truth.
Which issue do you want me to attend to? You mean the issue that you have been told and you are unable to grabs?

1 Like

Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Bullhari007(m): 4:50pm On Oct 09, 2017
realjoker:
OK agreed.
Answer this first, for me to access the level of your insanity first.
Which government monopoly is he enjoying in Nigeria? He is one of the leading cement manufacturers in South Africa already so how is he afraid of competition?
abeg go and lick gutter that's the only thing you sabi do... do you think its now he started rubbing shoulder with government at expense of confuse fellow like you even most stupidest fellow with government backing plus access to dollar with zero % interest and free import/export duty will succeed more than him
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Dollabiz: 4:54pm On Oct 09, 2017
Really
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 5:01pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
abeg go and lick gutter that's the only thing you sabi do... do you think its now he started rubbing shoulder with government at expense of confuse fellow like you even most stupidest fellow with government backing plus access to dollar with zero % interest and free import/export duty will succeed more than him
Thanks for proving the obvious, I know you are one of those deluded cretins that sang "pool them down syndrome" when government stop Ibeto from importing cement and before I forget to mention, I know this is beyond your intellect at the onset of this thread. Go and educate yourself about government backward integration policy on cement production then maybe you can come back here to rants(argue) with your ancestor.
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by Bullhari007(m): 5:07pm On Oct 09, 2017
realjoker:
Thanks for proving the obvious, I know you are one of those deluded cretins that sang "pool them down syndrome" when government stop Ibeto from importing cement and before I forget to mention, I know this is beyond your intellect at the onset of this thread. Go and educate yourself about government backward integration policy on cement production then maybe you can come back here to rants(argue) with your ancestor.
zombie you are not making sense , when you are ready to make sense tell me ok... right now I'm busy... jobless fellow
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by samsobo24(m): 6:06pm On Oct 09, 2017
I think I read sometime that south African economy doesn't encourage investments from another country.
I read that many Nigerians closed businesses because of the hostile and harsh policies
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by 400billionman: 7:10pm On Oct 09, 2017
nony43:
They simply can't match the standards there

You want SAfrican police to start killing their staff ?

SA is a bad place to do business

I may own a business there tomorrow.

But they don't value human life.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by realjoker(m): 7:23pm On Oct 09, 2017
Bullhari007:
zombie you are not making sense , when you are ready to make sense tell me ok... right now I'm busy ... jobless fellow
You are busy ranting all over the cyber space I guess?
Re: Dangote Dumps South African Cement Firm Deal by grandstar(m): 12:31am On Oct 10, 2017
fidalgo19:
what is worrying him
let us take there company one by one

The business environment is not the free for all you have here. This is a country that has strong constitutions. One big man con not just make orders anyhow.

Also, South Africa has very rigid labor laws. It is very difficult sacking workers hence any buyer must thread carefully.

You may say rigid labour laws are good but unfortunately, it leads to high unemployment as it deters companies from hiring.

Imagine you runa school and a teacher calls himself God and you can't sack him because the the labour unions are powerful. This actually happened in a city in America. The more rigid the labour laws, the higher the unemployment rate

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Life Hacks On How To Save & Manage Money In Nigeria / Ajaokuta, Delta Steel Company To Begin Production In 2015, Says Official / Naira Depreciates To N520 Against U.S. Dollar As Retailers Examine CBN Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.