Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,785 members, 7,820,753 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 08:54 PM

How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? (1085 Views)

How Is Resumption Going So Far In Your University? / What Do You Regret Not Doing In Your University/School Days? / Check Taraba State Polytechnic Admission List 2017/2018 Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by CampusTalesBlog: 10:17am On Oct 09, 2017
It was on a Wednesday afternoon on the 16th of October 2013, when my phone beeped.

I was almost on my way out, when my mum drew my attention to the message, upon seeing UNILORIN.
I wasn’t that surprised as I was expectant, but my mum was ‘hyper’ excited.

In fact, she read the message, and as unilorin custom, you’ll have to follow a link to check the course given.
I wasn’t yet excited cos had determined not to accept the admission if not given the course I chose.

I left home, and when I got back in the evening, I checked for the course and it was what I wanted Chemical Engineering.

My dream was to be a chemical engineer.

I was elated! I screamed ...

Source: Shared by Agbe Praise

Join the thread

Re: How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by ElRapido: 10:27am On Oct 09, 2017
I go dance one corner
Re: How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by CampusTalesBlog: 1:20pm On Oct 09, 2017
I’d typed in my jamb registration number and sent it.

The page that turned up brought up much information, unimportant to me, but I glanced at the admission status and it read “Chemistry"

Why wouldn’t I? When I had been checking for weeks and all I’d been getting was “no admission yet”.

Yeah, finally, I was going to be an undergraduate. I must have also had mixed feelings.

Well, chemistry was never my first choice, and it was my second time writing UTME and applying for my dream course.

I wanted Medicine, I applied the first year and UI didn’t give me a chance to write post UTME.

Maybe my result was not too good, but my scores could compete with the many candidates.

Chris, A corper

Re: How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by CampusTalesBlog: 4:30pm On Oct 09, 2017
Every Nigerian student and parents know how difficult and challenging it is to gain admission into tertiary institutions these days.

It is an unclad truth that gaining admission into tertiary institutions nowadays is by luck.

By saying this, I don’t mean universities don’t have criteria for giving admission, of course, they do.

But my point is, even after meeting all the necessary requirements, most candidates are still been denied admission and this has brought frustration not only to students but parents as well.

This is why admission has become a golden opportunity to anyone who has it.

Everyone knows what it means and how it feels to get a golden opportunity, can you relate?

Of course, you should be able to.

That was how I felt when I gained admission, I was super excited.

I can’t remember the day it was, but sure it was one of the days in d week #Lolz.On that fateful day around noon, news got to me that my preferred university has started giving admission.

Adepeju, Student.

Re: How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by josh123(m): 7:49pm On Oct 09, 2017
School is good,dont depend on it alone
Re: How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by CampusTalesBlog: 1:53pm On Oct 10, 2017
I wrote my first jamb in 2009, the same year I wrote my first WAEC examination.
To my understanding, I was a bright student aiming for a bright future. I was pretty sure of a good jamb result that will secure a good place for me in any university of my choice.

Though I wanted to be a scientist, I put in to study medicine and surgery in the university because my dad wanted it.
When the jamb result came out my result was below the cut off for medicine.
I got a supplementary form and put in for veterinary medicine in one of the prestigious university in the country.

After all my efforts, admission eluded me. In 2010 I skipped jamb but went on to take the exam in 2011 again.
This time I chose microbiology and medical laboratory in good schools.
That year I was disappointed again as I didn’t secure any admission.

Then came 2012. I took the jamb examination again knowing in my heart that if I didn’t make it this time I will likely forget about university education.
I put in for microbiology again in the University of Ilorin.
When the jamb result came out, I missed the cut off by one mark.
I was disappointed but not discouraged.

She got a change of course form

I went for a change of course before the post utme and changed to plant biology after being advised to do so by a friend.
I went for the post utme and did well. Yet, I was not sure of my admission.

After some time, I checked my jamb portal and behold, Jamb had given me admission into the University of Ilorin to study plant biology.
Words cannot describe the joy I felt. I remember shouting and running up and down in my house.
I was filled with so much joy and my happiness could not be hidden.

When the school released their first list my name was there too. I was just so excited.
I was, after all, going to be a scientist.

Source of inspiration is: Mercy, a corp member

Re: How Did You Feel Immediately You Got Your University/polytechnic Admission? by CampusTalesBlog: 2:52pm On Oct 10, 2017
Bukola displayed all these, Stunned! Surprised! Happy! Sad! at once and she is inviting everyone to come and dine with on the 20th of October, 2017 at the University of Ilorin. She is convoking that very day.

THE FIRST DAY OF THE JOURNEY, Stunned! Surprised! Happy! Sad!
It was the morning of the second Saturday in the month of October 2013. I woke up feeling lazy because I watched a Korean movie “Athena Goddess of War” all through the night.

I was so stuck in the movie that I couldn’t sleep until around 4am when the PHCN took the electricity. Then I had no choice than to sleep because I was already feeling dizzy.

Around 7:30am, the electricity was restored. I was happy because I dreamt about the movie in my sleep.. *laughs… Funny. I resumed back to the movie since it was a Saturday. I was jobless and free.

Then around 8:30am, my mobile phone beeped me a signal tone which was meant for a message. Meaning I have a message on my phone. I was nonchalant about it because I felt who would be so jobless to send me a text message early this morning if not my network provider. I ignored it.

After about 15 minutes. My mobile phone beeped again.. I’m like these useless people should let me enjoy my movie jare. Again I refused to check.

Few minutes again, 4 messages came in randomly and my phone kept beeping. I was so annoyed that I thought I would stop using Etisalat because of this unnecessary messages.
I ignored my phone for the third time.

Exactly 10:00am, my phone kept beeping and would not stop until I became very annoyed.
Finally, I picked up the phone only to see 10 messages on my phone. I opened one and I couldn’t believe the messages I was reading.

“Congratulations, you’ve been offered admission into the University of Ilorin. Visit www.unilorin.edu.ng to confirm this message.

I was stunned! Surprised! Happy! Sad! Confused all at a time. Wait! Am I dreaming? I’ve gotten an admission to my dream university…

Then I started dancing My pastor later called back. I told him unilorin gave me admission, he asked what course? I was silent because I was so filled with joy that I forgot to check their website.

I ran to the café, logged in and I saw my name and passport. Under it was a congratulations message.

Source of inspiration: Oluwabukola

(1) (Reply)

HILLCITY Foundation Scholarship 2017/2018 Ongoing- Apply Now / Yabatech Student, Oluwamuyiwa Oluwagbemileke, Aka Spartacus Commits Suicide / Unilorin Jupeb Admission: How To Gain Admission Into Unilorin With Jupeb

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.