Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,678 members, 7,809,574 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:27 AM

Aero-archive - Career (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Aero-archive (8456 Views)

How To Archive N0.4 Low Cost Per Click Running Facebook Ads / Can Online Or Network Marketing Business Help You Earn And Archive Your Goals?. / My Aero-journal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 12:39am On Mar 27, 2018
Meet the cucumber of the skies

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:29pm On Mar 27, 2018
ATR 42

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:31pm On Mar 27, 2018
Sukhoy super jet 100

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:34pm On Mar 27, 2018
Antonov AN225

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:35pm On Mar 27, 2018
Qantas link Q400

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:36pm On Mar 27, 2018
Bombardier Dash 8 Q400

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 2:38pm On Mar 27, 2018
Learjet 60XR

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:40am On Apr 24, 2018
Two blind pilots, both wearing dark glasses, walk up the aisle to the cockpit. One is using a guide dog and the other is tapping his way along with a cane. 

Nervous laughter spreads through the cabin, but the two enter the cockpit, the door closes and the engines start up. 

The passengers begin glancing nervously around, searching for some sign that this is just a little practical joke. None is forthcoming. 

The plane moves faster and faster down the runway and the people sitting in the window seats realize they're headed straight for the water at the edge of the airport. 

As it begins to look as though the plane will plough into the water, panicked screams fill the cabin. At that moment, the plane lifts smoothly into the air. The passengers relax and laugh a little sheepishly.
In the cockpit, one of the blind pilots turns to the other and says "You know, Bob, one of these days, they're gonna scream too late and then we're gonna crash".
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 1:22am On May 07, 2018
Boeing 747

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 1:46am On May 07, 2018
Bird strike...... BIRD vs BIG BIRD

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 7:18pm On May 07, 2018
What's the safest seat on the plane? Why does the food taste so bad?

MELISSA LOCKER OCTOBER 21, 2016
Planes have changed a lot since the days of the Wright Brothers (or, perhaps more accurately, Brazilian inventor Alberto Santos). Those first wood-and-cloth contraptions are an entirely different species than the sleek Boeing Dreamliners of today.

With the continual advancements in aerospace technology, it's hard to keep up with all the amazing things planes today are capable of doing (and withstanding). Below, 11 things you didn’t know about airplanes and air travel.

Airplanes are designed to withstand lightning strikes
Planes are designed to be struck by lightning—and they regularly are hit. It’s estimated lightning strikes each aircraft once a year—or once per every 1,000 hours of flight time. Yet, lighting hasn’t brought down a plane since 1963, due to careful engineering that lets the electric charge of a lightning bolt run through the plane and out of it, typically without causing damage to the plane.

There is no safest seat on the plane
The FAA says there is no safest seat on the plane, though a TIME study of plane accidents found that the middle seats in the back of the plane had the lowest fatality rate in a crash. Their research revealed that, during plane crashes, “the seats in the back third of the aircraft had a 32 percent fatality rate, compared with 39 percent in the middle third and 38 percent in the front third.”

However, there are so many variables at play that it’s impossible to know where to sit to survive a crash. Oh, and plane crashes are incredibly rare.

Some airplanes have secret bedrooms for flight crew
On long-haul flights, cabin crew can work 16-hour days. To help combat fatigue, some planes, like the Boeing 777 and 787 Dreamliners, are outfitted with tiny bedrooms where the flight crew can get a little shut-eye. The bedrooms are typically accessed via a hidden staircase that leads up to a small, low-ceilinged room with 6 to 10 beds, a bathroom, and sometimes in-flight entertainment.

The tires are designed not to pop on landing
The tires on an airplane are designed to withstand incredible weight loads (38 tons!) and can hit the ground at 170 miles per hour more than 500 times before ever needing to get a retread. Additionally, airplane tires are inflated to 200 psi, which is about six times the pressure used in a car tire. If an airplane does need new tires, ground crew simply jack up the plane like you would a car.

Why cabin crew dims the light when a plane is landing
When a plane lands at night, cabin crews will dim the interior lights. Why? In the unlikely event that the plane landing goes badly and passengers need to evacuate, their eyes will already be adjusted to the darkness. As pilot Chris Cooke explained to T+L: “Imagine being in an unfamiliar bright room filled with obstacles when someone turns off the lights and asks you to exit quickly.”

Similarly, flight attendants have passengers raise their window shades during landing, so they can see outside in an emergency and assess if one side of the plane is better for an evacuation.

You don’t need both engines to fly
The idea of an engine giving out mid-flight sounds frightening, but every commercial airplane can safely fly with just one engine. Operating with half the engine power can make a plane less fuel-efficient and may reduce its range, but planes are designed and tested for such situations, as Popular Mechanics reported. Any plane scheduled on a long-distance route, especially those that fly over oceans or through uninhabited areas like the Arctic, must be certified by the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) for Extended-range Twin Operations (ETOPS), which is basically how long it can fly with one engine. The Boeing Dreamliner is certified for ET
Re: Aero-archive by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 07, 2018
Why is aviation school expensive?
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 6:25pm On May 08, 2018
Damarislopez:
Why is aviation school expensive?
Probably 'cause of the cost to keep it running: cost of acquiring aircrafts, insuring them maintaining them, paying the flight instructors, maintaining airstrip, building, etc..... My opinion though
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 6:26pm On May 08, 2018
Crow landing gear down coming to land at Manchester International Airport

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 6:28pm On May 08, 2018
grin

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:38pm On May 09, 2018
Singapore Airlines A380

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 9:47pm On May 13, 2018
​The Boeing B767-200ER​

The Boeing B767-200ER is a wide body, twin-engine jet airliner. This aircraft seats up to 250 passengers in a single class configuration and has a maximum non-stop range of 12,000km. This aircraft has intercontinental range and is best suited for long range flights of up to 12 hours 30 minutes. The Boeing 767-200ER is ideal for large corporate travel requirements, repatriation flights, airline sub-charter or disaster relief operations.
Re: Aero-archive by cooleo(m): 9:27am On May 14, 2018
Thanks Okikiosibodu for opening and constantly updating this thread. I'm also an avaition enthusiastic person. Please keep it up.
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 11:30pm On May 14, 2018
cooleo:
Thanks Okikiosibodu for opening and constantly updating this thread. I'm also an avaition enthusiastic person. Please keep it up.
Thank you for your kind words. Great to connect with an enthusiastic Aviationist. Please don't miss out on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3120882/ask-pilot
There are rotary wings (RW) and fixed wings (FW) pilots there. I am sure they wil be willing to ask any question you post there. Stay frosty bro... See you at the top

*Modified*
I discovered you are an automobile enthusiast as well. Please I will love to learn one or two things from you about factors to consider when determining a fuel efficient car. I sent you a PM, do you mind responding?
Please accept my profound gratitude for your anticipated outstanding response
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 11:40pm On May 14, 2018
grin

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:34am On May 17, 2018
So many interesting articles I have been wanting to paste here, but I keep getting banned. No matter how much I try to edit the article, I still get banned. Probably I'll just be screenshooting the article and uploading the pictures here

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:43am On May 17, 2018
15 year old Kimberly Anyadike sited the Tuskeegee Airmen as one of her greatest sources of inspiration that spurred her fly a single-engine plane from her hometown of Compton, California to Newport News, Virginia.
Her journey solidified her as the youngest black female pilot to make the trek, which took 13 days. Kimberly learned to fly through a local program, Tomorrow’s Aeronautical Museum, which provides aviation lessons for disadvantaged youths.
She was accompanied by an adult safety pilot and 87 year old Levi Thornhill, one of the original Tuskeegee Airmen of WW2, In May 2015, Anyadike received the Tuskegee Airmen's inaugural Young Aviator's Award in Tuskegee, Alabama, in recognition of her achievements as a pilot.
So impressive, Mayor Omar Neal proclaimed July 2 to be "Kimberly Anyadike Day".
Despite having a fear of heights, Anyadike says that being in the cockpit of a plane is "an amazing experience".
This is a great example of how we as a community can excel if we are simply allowed access to alternative opportunities and resources.

Congratulations Kimberly!

Re: Aero-archive by cooleo(m): 4:36pm On May 18, 2018
okikiosibodu:

Thank you for your kind words. Great to connect with an enthusiastic Aviationist. Please don't miss out on this thread
https://www.nairaland.com/3120882/ask-pilot
There are rotary wings (RW) and fixed wings (FW) pilots there. I am sure they wil be willing to ask any question you post there. Stay frosty bro... See you at the top

*Modified*
I discovered you are an automobile enthusiast as well. Please I will love to learn one or two things from you about factors to consider when determining a fuel efficient car. I sent you a PM, do you mind responding?
Please accept my profound gratitude for your anticipated outstanding response

Sorry for the late response bro, being very busy i'll respond to you via email so I don't derail this thread.
Re: Aero-archive by cooleo(m): 4:40pm On May 18, 2018
okikiosibodu:
So many interesting articles I have been wanting to paste here, but I keep getting banned. No matter how much I try to edit the article, I still get banned. Probably I'll just be screenshooting the article and uploading the pictures here

What was their reason for banning you? You should read through the rules to be sure you are not breaking any of them.
Whatever you do pls don't stop posting
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 11:36pm On May 18, 2018
In 2017, a Nigerian Captain 'Ademilola “Lola” Odujinrin' arrived successfully from his
# Transcend # Project # 1Man # 1Plane Expedition, completing the final leg of his historic journey, landing safely at Washington Dulles Int'l Airport.
The pilot completed the entire circumnavigation
in a specially configures # SR22_Cirrus #9-year-old_aircraft with registration number
# N313CD that can fly #17-and-a-half_hours before refuelling, stopping in more than
# 15_Countries on # Five_Continent 's returning to Washington DC, where his journey began back in June 2016.
The flight was part of Project #Transcend, a foundation which aims to inspire young people to achieve their goals, regardless of their personal circumstances.
I remember walking into a career centre on the high street and saying i wanted to be a pilot. They were like, “Huh?” It wasn’t much help, so I did loads of research and wrote letters to every airline in the UK.
Eventually i took an office job and worked my way up the ladder, saving as much money as possible to train as a pilot, he said. It took me more than ten years to get my pilot’s licence because I had to spread out my training like that. Most of the people i trained with did it in just 2years, because they had parents who could pay.
I thought I’d be made when I got my licence, but I wasn’t In the UK, pilots have traditionally come from a certain background. Not everyone accepted me and getting employed was virtually impossible. I ended up working abroad for five years before I finally found work in London. I’m happy to see a huge drive to make it a less white-male-dominated profession.
"People thought I was crazy when I said I wanted to fly around the world, but it’s something I’d been dreaming about since I was 14.
I couldn’t shake it off, even when I started trying to raise funds and people told me: “Blacks don’t do adventure.” For me, it was about breaking that barrier.
I wanted to show kids in areas like inner London that you can achieve your dreams if you work as hard as you can.
It took me about nine months to fly all the way round the globe and there were so many 'challenges along the way. I had to fly between war zones in Eritrea and Yemen because I wasn’t allowed into Sudan. Every time the aircraft broke down, I had to raise more money – I’d never have made it without my sponsors. My high frequency radio failed when I as flying across the Pacific Ocean, so I had to communicate with my wife using satellite phone every 30min she'd call a flight center in Oregon to tell them my location in case something wrong, I completed the trip on 29 March 2017, Capt Lola says he see any challenge around him as an opportunity, he was ranked as the # 115_person to fly this record around the world. His a vast experience pilot who have been flying for the past 18years.
I also want to open a flight simulator in south London where kids from local schools can experience the sensation of flying. I can assure you this: out of every 100 kids who get into that simulator, one or two future pilots will come out.’
Now I’m planning to break an altitude world record by flying to #60,000_feet in a light aircraft,He said.
I believe Africans can do the same and breaking barriers, don't limit yourself, Capt Lola Started as amateur
"You Can Only Get It, If Try It.
Don't Give Up, Dreams Do Comes True."

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 11:39pm On May 18, 2018

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 12:02am On May 19, 2018
cooleo:

What was their reason for banning you? You should read through the rules to be sure you are not breaking any of them.
Whatever you do pls don't stop posting
The rule broken was not entirely clear. When I clicked on "this post" in the screenshot above, it took me back to this page, but the posted article was gone. It didn't have the URL of any other site, no copyright, no derogatory words, etc. Na dem wahala be that jare. Next time I will just screenshoot everything and upload here.
Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:00pm On May 19, 2018
This particular post got me banner several times, so I decided to take a screenshot... Still curious on the rule broken

Re: Aero-archive by okikiosibodu(m): 10:02pm On May 19, 2018
The McDonnell Douglas MD83 is a narrow body, twin-engine airline jet. It seats up to 155 passengers and can fly 4,600 km non-stop. The MD83 first entered service in 1985 and there are over 800 MD80 series aircraft in operation worldwide today. This aircraft is ideal for charters requiring a longer non-stop range than the DC9 or B737, or when passenger capacity required is between 120 and 155 passengers. Typical routes include both domestic and regional destinations with medium to large airports.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

When Your Workplace Has No Sexual Harassment Policy / Any Prospect(s) For Cias (i.e. Certified Internal Auditors) In Nigeria? / Dairy Of A Web Designer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.